Maggette not paying off for Warriors

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:01 pm
Maggette not paying off for Warriors

Corey Maggette has proved to be a prolific scorer throughout his 10-year career. What he hasn't proved to be, however, is much else. Golden State's third-leading scorer this season (19.7 points), Maggette has become the Bay Area's black hole.

Five games, five Golden State losses and a more than 2:1 turnover-to-assist ratio. Maggette's selfish play hasn't gone unnoticed by other players. According to sources, after the final buzzer against Boston, Celtics forward Kevin Garnett turned to Maggette and shouted, "Way to get your numbers."

"He just puts his head down and goes to the basket," an Eastern Conference scout said. "He doesn't even look to pass."

Word from team sources is that the Warriors are already regretting signing Maggette to a five-year, $50 million deal last offseason. When Monta Ellis returns to the lineup early next year, Golden State will have to figure out how to spread the wealth among three players (Ellis, Jamal Crawford and Maggette) who aren't very good at spreading it.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/w ... ups.notes/
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:10 pm
I thought the black hole in the bay area was in McAfee Coliseum when the Raiders play.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:30 pm
xbay wrote:I thought the black hole in the bay area was in McAfee Coliseum when the Raiders play.

its a big black hole that continues to spread... lets hope it misses San Jose
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:46 pm
Everyone already knew this shiit about Maggette! They signed the cunnt and to too much money and now they have to live with it! :oops:

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:29 pm
xbay wrote:I thought the black hole in the bay area was in McAfee Coliseum when the Raiders play.

south endzone :D
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:49 am
migya wrote:Everyone already knew this shiit about Maggette! They signed the cunnt and to too much money and now they have to live with it! :oops:

Yep. And trading for Crawford after that doesn't help at all. They found themselves in a great situation under the cap after rejecting to re-sign Baron and now the team in some deep sh*t after signing/trading for those two guys... Way to f*ck up a roster.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:17 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Everyone already knew this shiit about Maggette! They signed the cunnt and to too much money and now they have to live with it! :oops:

Yep. And trading for Crawford after that doesn't help at all. They found themselves in a great situation under the cap after rejecting to re-sign Baron and now the team in some deep sh*t after signing/trading for those two guys... Way to f*ck up a roster.

and sjax just added to it..... 8)
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:46 am
JOEL wrote:
TMC wrote:

Of course. That extension was unnecessary right now.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:52 am
TMC wrote:
JOEL wrote:
TMC wrote:

Of course. That extension was unnecessary right now.

That extension was a disgrace! Way to put the team in financial garbage without any move in a forward direction

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:14 am
I really hope Magette, Turiaf, Jax and others see the need for leadership and heart the team needs for what looks like a dismal season. Turiaf definitely gets it, Jax really wants to get it. But just reading body language and the way he caries himself, Corey looks/acts like he's only and all about Corey Magette. get him out of here.... unrealistic I know. We are in all the way with that contract. Hopefully, he'll see what he needs to do.

Garnett is arsehole, but that comment made me laugh... ::lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:49 pm

Migya, please check your PM...thanks
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Return to News Articles