Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:26 am
CBS Sports
Ken Berger November 24, 2008 7:32 pm

What about the new-look Warriors?

All anyone can talk about in the aftermath of the Knicks/Clippers/Warriors trades is how it affects the Knicks and their pursuit of LeBron James. All well and good, and clearly the newsiest angle.

But what about the Warriors? What are they going to do with Jamal Crawford and the $19.5 million left on his contract over the next two years -- if he doesn't opt out next July? More to the point, who is making the decisions in Golden State? This afternoon I spoke with Warriors GM Chris Mullin, who isn't concerned about his future at all -- because he is never concerned about things, even with the writing clearly on the wall.

"My situation is, my contract expires June 30," Mullin said in a phone interview. "I'm comfortable with that and how it plays out, I'm not quite sure. In the meantime, a lot of people talk about living one day at a time. I actually do, so I don't really get caught up in looking too far ahead. That's usually when I'm the most effective, when I stay in the moment. So for me, it's not really a thought at all. I know it gets speculated upon, but a lot of those things work themselves out naturally. In the meantime, I'm just trying to make the team better so I'm focused on that."

It's been apparent for some time that Al Harrington would not be a part of the plans in Golden State; he first asked to be traded, and specifically to the Knicks, back in April. Don Nelson essentially told Mullin that in exchange for Harrington, he wanted a locked-in, every-night scorer, either at the small forward or guard positions. Small ball is all well and good, but Nellie needed someone to score -- while Monta Ellis is recovering from his moped accident and after he returns. Crawford fits the bill, and gives Nelson the ability to play two bigs against some of the bigger Western Conference teams (Portland, the Lakers) without sacrificing a scoring punch. So there you go.

The game on everyone's mind Tuesday will be the Knicks hosting LeBron at Madison Square Garden. For those who like the road less traveled, there's always NBA League Pass and the new-look Warriors at the Wizards in coach Ed Tapscott's debut.
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:36 am
good read...thanx broe! :D
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:53 am
O.G. Broe wrote:CBS Sports
Ken Berger November 24, 2008 7:32 pm

What about the new-look Warriors?

All anyone can talk about in the aftermath of the Knicks/Clippers/Warriors trades is how it affects the Knicks and their pursuit of LeBron James. All well and good, and clearly the newsiest angle.

But what about the Warriors? What are they going to do with Jamal Crawford and the $19.5 million left on his contract over the next two years -- if he doesn't opt out next July? More to the point, who is making the decisions in Golden State? This afternoon I spoke with Warriors GM Chris Mullin, who isn't concerned about his future at all -- because he is never concerned about things, even with the writing clearly on the wall.

"My situation is, my contract expires June 30," Mullin said in a phone interview. "I'm comfortable with that and how it plays out, I'm not quite sure. In the meantime, a lot of people talk about living one day at a time. I actually do, so I don't really get caught up in looking too far ahead. That's usually when I'm the most effective, when I stay in the moment. So for me, it's not really a thought at all. I know it gets speculated upon, but a lot of those things work themselves out naturally. In the meantime, I'm just trying to make the team better so I'm focused on that."

It's been apparent for some time that Al Harrington would not be a part of the plans in Golden State; he first asked to be traded, and specifically to the Knicks, back in April. Don Nelson essentially told Mullin that in exchange for Harrington, he wanted a locked-in, every-night scorer, either at the small forward or guard positions. Small ball is all well and good, but Nellie needed someone to score -- while Monta Ellis is recovering from his moped accident and after he returns. Crawford fits the bill, and gives Nelson the ability to play two bigs against some of the bigger Western Conference teams (Portland, the Lakers) without sacrificing a scoring punch. So there you go.

The game on everyone's mind Tuesday will be the Knicks hosting LeBron at Madison Square Garden. For those who like the road less traveled, there's always NBA League Pass and the new-look Warriors at the Wizards in coach Ed Tapscott's debut.
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:10 pm
I'm not so sure Crawford is in the Warriors long term plans, despite him being only 26 or 27. I don't know yet, I have to see him play along with Monta to actually judge.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Return to News Articles