Big Preseason Trade Talk Article on ESPN

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:58 am
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=TradeTalk-081015

First, it was a relatively quiet summer as far as trades go. We saw some fireworks on draft night, but after that … for the most part, crickets.

Ron Artest got traded. So did Mo Williams and Marcus Camby. But that's not enough to call it a blockbuster summer.

Second, there were a lot of players dangled in the summer who, for a variety of reasons, didn't get traded. Some -- like Zach Randolph and Jamaal Tinsley -- are very difficult to deal. For others, the timing just wasn't right.

But as we head into the season, there are a number of unstable teams that still appear primed and ready to pull the trigger if the right deal comes along...

includes among others, Shawn Marion, Ben Gordon, Carlos Boozer, Lamar Odom, Vince Carter and most importantly...
Raymond Felton, Bobcats
The Bobcats surprised a lot of people when they drafted point guard D.J. Augustin in the lottery. But the Bobcats had been quietly shopping Felton ever since Larry Brown took over as coach.

While neither Augustin nor Felton has taken over this preseason, the word out of Charlotte is that Augustin, sooner or later, is going to be the point guard in Charlotte. With Felton heading into restricted free agency next summer, look for the Bobcats to get something in return while they can. Felton may never be a superstar, but he's a starting point guard, and those aren't always easy to come by.

yes, I already have a trade idea, it's in the trades section. go check it out
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:07 am
I've never liked Felton. Maybe I'd trade Belinelli for him. Maybe... :wink:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:41 am
I've always like Felton and a few months ago I was screaming for Mullin to make a trade for him, as soon as Baron left and at this stage, I reckon he could be had for cheap

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:10 am
I've heard NBA announcers, Bobcats Fans, Hollinger, and now Chad Ford all comment on this.

Bobcats fans seem to want this trade:
- Al Harrington and one of our bench guards for Raymond Felton and Matt Carrol or Morrison.

- they had an awful front office and coach last year, a lot of people are frustrated, so there's reason to trade. Jordan is not a very disciplined owner so he might bite on a trade faster than others.

Hollinger -
"Given that and the fact Felton will be a restricted free agent after the season, there's a fairly good chance that he'll be changing scenery. While he's shown little improvement as a Bobcat, he's still only 24, and one has to wonder how he'd fare in an organization that has its act together."
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

Return to News Articles