Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:10 am
[i]Webber can't be part of Warriors playoff plans
Monday, Feb 18, 2008 7:35 am EST

Getty Images
San Francisco Chronicle columnist Bruce Jenkins doesn't see Chris Webber making a difference in the Golden State Warriors run for a title. In fact, Jenkins doesn't see adding Webber working out, at all, for the Warriors.
Writes Jenkins: "If this team has any chance of making the playoffs — or grabbing anyone's attention if they get that far — Chris Webber can't be part of the plans. Webber's old, his knees are creaky, he's not in shape and he won't be in shape, OK? Get a grip on that.
"For the Warriors to beat anybody, they have to do it on raw speed and the belief that character, in the form of Baron Davis and Stephen Jackson, gives them a mental edge. They may not go far, but Webber wasn't going to make the slightest difference on that front, anyway."
Source: San Francisco Chronicle[/i]

CWEBB will be a part of the Warriors Playoffs plans

I Agree that the W's have to win it on speed and swagger, but i dont agree that Cwebb cant be apart of the W's plans..

The W's need frontcourt help.

We're getting killed every night on the Defensive glass and Low Post
If the W's dont improve on Rebounding and Defense, they are gonna have a tough time making the playoffs

if they dont improve their roster thru transactions in the next 3 days, The W's will be depending on CWebb and our current front court players to defend the low post and Rebound...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:54 am
He's got a point, tho... I mean, I'm also not sure of what Webber might add, but there's a difference between having some doubts and categorically deny any possible improvement to the team.

He's right about our kind of bball. If Webber changes the speed of the game, in other words, if Webber can't adapt to this team's style, he can't be part of the plan. But if he can, he's gonna be able to add some quality minutes from the bench. He'd clearly be our best passer inside, and another scoring option... and nobody can't say that won't happen with so few games played.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:05 am
Its still too early to be making brash, assumptive statements like that.........although Im probably one of the most sceptical people regarding Webbers negative vs positive impact..........its still abit much to say that now.

I want to see him sit out a couple more (unless hes had some miraculous recovery in the last 6-7 days) and just get his legs under him, as the games he has played in...........weve not player well, and even though hes only played 12-15 minutes tops, it seems as if it still spoils our flow.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:32 am
bigstrads wrote:I want to see him sit out a couple more (unless hes had some miraculous recovery in the last 6-7 days) and just get his legs under him, as the games he has played in...........weve not player well, and even though hes only played 12-15 minutes tops, it seems as if it still spoils our flow.

On the contrary (which seems to be my nature), I think he'll get his legs back faster with play time. Not 30 min per night, but those 12-15 min he's gotten in other games. The more he plays, the sooner he'll be up to speed.

Then we'll be able to decide if he was a worth signing or not.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:04 am
bigstrads wrote:I want to see him sit out a couple more (unless hes had some miraculous recovery in the last 6-7 days) and just get his legs under him, as the games he has played in...........weve not player well, and even though hes only played 12-15 minutes tops, it seems as if it still spoils our flow.

CWebb can make a difference in the upcoming Back to Back games
... @ Utah and then Back home to play Boston

We Need Webber to help D-Up Boozer and Garnett

I would like to see him get 12-15 mins a game

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:56 am
Mr.Kunlathep_Chucnjit wrote:

it would be awsome if webber could get back to game shape....the chance of webber slowing down boozer this week is zero. I would love to see boozer shut down but we better put harrington on him. boozer is to smart
he will not be affected by webber he is just to slow...boozer likes the low post webber likes the high post.
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:14 am
JOEL wrote:

it would be awsome if webber could get back to game shape....the chance of webber slowing down boozer this week is zero. I would love to see boozer shut down but we better put harrington on him. boozer is to smart
he will not be affected by webber he is just to slow...boozer likes the low post webber likes the high post.

Nice one JOEL.

Simply, having the Webber of previous Warriors showings/now is going to hurt us even more than without him!!!.........maybe........MAYBE if he was in total game shape, he may be able to help.............but I doubt he has improved enough since the last time we saw him to make any kind of difference against two to the toughtest PF's in the game.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:31 am
JOEL wrote:

to D-up Boozer...
we're goin to need Al, Webber, Andris, Jackson, Barnes, etc...

It really is goin to take a team effort to stop Boozer
We dont have 1 player who can lock him up

It would Help tremendously if Webber can give 10-12 Positive min on Boozer

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:37 am
JOEL wrote:

to D-up Boozer...

MR kc
i am all for a full webber come back 15 min a game 8 points and some defense i just think he needs a little more conditioning ( if that doesnt help then i would have to say its a bust).
Last edited by JOEL on Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:38 am
JOEL wrote:

to D-up Boozer...

"Positive minutes" being the operative words..............THATS what I dont think he can do..............yes he can/will be a body but I just dont see him being anything more than that right now............and with his lack of mobility, I see it/him as a negative against the big bruisers.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:41 am
We'll finally be able to judge Webber's value on keeping bigger players off the glass tonight. Carlos Boozer will find Webber to be a tad bit more firm in keeping his ground than, say, Al Harrington or Andris Biedrins, whom Webber outweighs by at least 10 pounds each.

It'll also be nice to watch Chris run wild with Boozer's climsiness, throwing tasty dishes all around him. Remember when JRich bounced it off Loozer's head? Same diff here. CWebb should have a nice night. Here's hoping for 8 points, 5 boards, and 2 dimes in less than 20 minutes of tick. If he gets 30 minutes, who knows what'll happen...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:07 am
32 wrote:We'll finally be able to judge Webber's value on keeping bigger players off the glass tonight. Carlos Boozer will find Webber to be a tad bit more firm in keeping his ground than, say, Al Harrington or Andris Biedrins, whom Webber outweighs by at least 10 pounds each.

It'll also be nice to watch Chris run wild with Boozer's climsiness, throwing tasty dishes all around him. Remember when JRich bounced it off Loozer's head? Same diff here. CWebb should have a nice night. Here's hoping for 8 points, 5 boards, and 2 dimes in less than 20 minutes of tick. If he gets 30 minutes, who knows what'll happen...

wow 32 what a thought :shock:
i just dont see it harrington imo is strong in the low pos.
if webber pulls this off ( which i doubt) then webber will be the man.
if webber doesnt pull it off then mullins needs to be the man and get us a trade,
T.S. Eliot
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:12 am
Harrington appears decievingly strong in the post due to his masterful job at fronting his man and denying the ball. I'll never take anything away from his ability to find a way to defend the taller man. However, Boozer is not taller; he's stronger. And when it comes to boxing out, getting physical, fighting for a rebound in traffic... those are things that Al Harrington simply does not do and Webber, traditionally, does. Therefore, if Chris Webber can give us any sort of advantage in tonight's game, we've made a good sign.

This is why we signed Chris Webber. To address our size issues against a physical team like Utah. If he can't do well under this sort of circumstance, its time to start questioning the sign. I said I'd give Webber 5 games. We're approaching game #4. Let's see how he goes tonight and go from there.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to News Articles