lakers grizz trade might mean monta leaving....

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:07 am
JayPat wrote:12 is overpaying A LOT. No way he ever gets that deal. Come on, an undersized, quick SG who isn't great on defense will not get that sort of contract. It should be below 10 million, lilke 7-8 probably. If he's offered 12, we gotta pass or that's gonna cripple our salary situation (and we might not be able to sign Andris).

Agreed, I don't think we have to worry about him being offered that much though
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:34 am
JayPat wrote:12 is overpaying A LOT. No way he ever gets that deal. Come on, an undersized, quick SG who isn't great on defense will not get that sort of contract. It should be below 10 million, lilke 7-8 probably. If he's offered 12, we gotta pass or that's gonna cripple our salary situation (and we might not be able to sign Andris).

Look at it this way, Baron is on about 16 milion a year and the way Monta has played the last few weeks, he is franchise player type material, sort of like Baron. I can see some team paying him 12 milion a year IF he continues to play somewhere near the level he has this season so far

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:08 am
what will set monta up is playing big in the playoffs nobody will forget his performance last year until he shows up big at a playoff.

i trust he will be tight this year but can not forget the towel over the head sitting on the bench thing last year. big contracts need playoff showings
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Previous

Return to News Articles