Warriors Sign C.J. Watson For Remainder Of Season.

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:12 am
January 28, 2008

Rookie Guard Has Appeared In Eight Games With Golden State While Playing Out Two 10-Day Contracts

Watson has appeared in eight of the Warriors' 10 games since being signed to his first 10-day contract on January 8. (warirors.com photo)
The Golden State Warriors have signed guard C.J. Watson to a contract for the remainder of the season, Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations Chris Mullin announced today.
Watson, who originally signed the first of two consecutive 10-day contracts with the Warriors on January 8, has appeared in eight games with Golden State, averaging 5.4 points and 1.8 assists in 16.6 minutes. Watson began the season with the Rio Grande Valley Vipers of the NBA Development League, where he averaged 26.4 points, 5.3 rebounds, 5.3 assists and 1.38 steals in 38.1 minutes per contest. His call-up to Golden State marked the 100th call-up in D-League history.

RELATED INFORMATION:

C.J. Watson, who currently wears No. 4, on giving newly signed Chris Webber the #
"If he wants it back," Watson joked, "I'm taking all wagers."

Briefly: Watson said he will look to be a little more aggressive on both ends of the court now that his place with the Warriors is secure. The former D-Leaguer will earn about $200,000 for the rest of the season. Said assistant coach Keith Smart: "I came out of that environment, so I know what that player is going through as he's waiting for each calendar day of his contract, the first 10-day, the second 10-day. We can say all we want, 'Be free and just play your game,' but that's in the back of your mind because he's got a taste of the NBA and he wants to stay here." ...
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:33 am
Good move. Watson is cheap and reliable for the role he plays.

Return to News Articles