Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:34 am
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:
migya wrote:Just because a player misses one dunk attempt doesn't mean he is garbage and can't put the ball in the basket but it is a sign of lack of coordination.

You do understand that it was a dump off pass on a wide open break away, right? The kinda play that Jason Richardson would usually crank out a 360 or a windmill on?? Mbenga full-on MISSED the wide open jam. That's pathetic. Even Foyle could hammer it down wide open on the break.

Mbenga reminds me of Pietrus, only bigger and slower. They both make dumb mistakes that kill momentum... and they have zero basketball fundamentals to speak of.

The guy was not signed with thought that he will be a Michael Jordan. He was signed to add a big body to go against the likes of Boozer and get some rebounds

If you have an NBA contract, you should be able to slam down a wide open dunk on a break away. I cannot believe you're even disputing that... :roll:

:roll: Just gets worse with you. He has to play his very minimal role

But he doesnt play a minimal role! He is the second guy off the bench, every single game! It is getting rediculous. They signed him the day after O'Bryant had his awesome game, too. I dont understand him. He never does any stat, you notice that. He always has more minutes than he does points, rebounds, and blocks combined.

The guy has gotten 7mins a game the three games he has played, hardly roadblocking the bigs on the team! He shouldn't be getting even that much, ofcourse, but it hasn't been an insane amount of court time. Look for him to play less as his lack of ability is exposed compared to BWright and O'bryant

He is getting more playing time than O'Bryant, and almost more playing time than Wright, which he shouldnt.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:39 pm
migya, you're defending the guy like he's some kind of savior for the team. Here's an honest question: do you think he should be getting more minutes than O'Bryant or Wright...? Don't give me any sidetracking BS where you don't answer the question; a yes or no will do just fine.

Food for thought: only 3 players registered a negative in the Warriors' plus/minus stats yesterday: Kelenna Azuibuke (-5), Mickael Pietrus (-10), and DJ Mbenga (-5). Looks like your two favorite players (Mbenga & Pietrus) are screwing up, miggy...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:59 pm
I know it is a stupid question, but what exactly is the plus/minus, and how do you figure it out?
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:12 pm
The plus/minus is a stat that shows the lead change during the total time a player is in. For example, if someone played 48 minutes and the team won by 4, his +/- would be +4. If someone plays five minutes and during those five minutes the other team scores 5 points and his team scores none, his +/- would be -5.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:04 pm
JayPat wrote:The plus/minus is a stat that shows the lead change during the total time a player is in. For example, if someone played 48 minutes and the team won by 4, his +/- would be +4. If someone plays five minutes and during those five minutes the other team scores 5 points and his team scores none, his +/- would be -5.

Thanks. I have heard it said over and over again, but no one really said what it actually measured.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:08 pm
Yeah, IMO it is a bad stat since there are 5 players out there on the floor, and one player could be doing excellent and the other four terrible, and come out with a bad +/- stat. However, if someone consistently has poor +/- stats, it may be worth a look (although that player might be clumped with the worse bench rotation).
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:10 pm
JayPat wrote:Yeah, IMO it is a bad stat since there are 5 players out there on the floor, and one player could be doing excellent and the other four terrible, and come out with a bad +/- stat. However, if someone consistently has poor +/- stats, it may be worth a look (although that player might be clumped with the worse bench rotation).

*Cough* Pietrus *Cough* :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:22 pm
JayPat wrote:Yeah, IMO it is a bad stat since there are 5 players out there on the floor, and one player could be doing excellent and the other four terrible, and come out with a bad +/- stat. However, if someone consistently has poor +/- stats, it may be worth a look (although that player might be clumped with the worse bench rotation).

Exactly right :D

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:27 pm
32 wrote:migya, you're defending the guy like he's some kind of savior for the team. Here's an honest question: do you think he should be getting more minutes than O'Bryant or Wright...? Don't give me any sidetracking BS where you don't answer the question; a yes or no will do just fine.

I'm saying it like it is, you are the one making a big deal out of a player that gets 7mins a game like he is bringing the team down like the U.S. government and corporate muthafs bring the average shmos of the world down.

Answer to your question = No and I said that more than once already

32 wrote:Food for thought: only 3 players registered a negative in the Warriors' plus/minus stats yesterday: Kelenna Azuibuke (-5), Mickael Pietrus (-10), and DJ Mbenga (-5). Looks like your two favorite players (Mbenga & Pietrus) are screwing up, miggy...

Read what JPat wrote :wink:

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:55 pm
migya wrote:
32 wrote:Food for thought: only 3 players registered a negative in the Warriors' plus/minus stats yesterday: Kelenna Azuibuke (-5), Mickael Pietrus (-10), and DJ Mbenga (-5). Looks like your two favorite players (Mbenga & Pietrus) are screwing up, miggy...

I guarantee you that almost every single night, Pietrus and Mbenga will have a negative plus/minus stat. They bring the team down, the really do. Pietrus just chucks up threes like there's no tomorow. Mbenga stands there and watches while the guy comes in for a layup. They suck....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:01 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:

I guarantee you that almost every single night, Pietrus and Mbenga will have a negative plus/minus stat. They bring the team down, the really do. Pietrus just chucks up threes like there's no tomorow. Mbenga stands there and watches while the guy comes in for a layup. They suck....

Pietrus is shooting 56.6%FG including 37.9% of his threes and making 1,4 out of 3.6 threes a game! This proves he ain't chucking up threes like there's no tomorrow and that he is more than doing his bit to help the team. People just get picky with his dumb plays when he does make them and don't pay attention to the good that he does, that's what's happening :wink:

Statistically Pietrus is having a career year, even better than he did last year with one and a half steals and almost four and a half rebounds. He gets only twenty four minutes a game, less than last year and yet is doing more.

Monta is having a worse season tham Pietrus and is hurting the team more. He is getting almost thirty two minutes a game and is only scoring thirteen points, getting two and a half assists, just less than three rebounds and his shooting percentages are pretty bad. Matt Barnes is another one doing less than last year and doing less than Pietrus.

Maybe people should start giving credit where credit is due and giving Pietrus some positive evluations. The guy is not a scholar out there, nor is he Tim Hardaway handling the ball but he plays his role better than most on the team!

Hope this isn't a racist thing! I don't like the poofy french accents either, nor do I eat frogs and admire bitches that don't shave their arm pits and legs but that has nothing to do with it and I give Pietrus credit and support the man!!!!

Je ami (like not love) Mickael Pietrus.

Je ami (like not love) femmes ce soos bit

:mrgreen:

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:10 am
While we're explaining box score stuff. What is this BA thing they've started with in the far right column?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:52 am

I think it's a valid stat to compare lineups. If you follow that stat for different lineup during the course of the season (not just a few games), it can be a good clue to realize which lineups work best.

As for individual players, I think it's pretty useless.

cladden wrote:While we're explaining box score stuff. What is this BA thing they've started with in the far right column?

I think it's Blocks Allowed. Just the numbers of shots from that player that that defense blocked.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:54 am
cladden wrote:While we're explaining box score stuff. What is this BA thing they've started with in the far right column?

I use yahoo nba Gamechannel as it has all the games at as they are happening and updates them all the time, not per 30secs or 60secs. I find that a great way to see how my fantasy teams are shaping up for that day as well as it has the stats right there in front of me and I can just click between fantasy team page and the Gamechannel

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:45 am
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:

Pietrus is shooting 56.6%FG including 37.9% of his threes and making 1,4 out of 3.6 threes a game! This proves he ain't chucking up threes like there's no tomorrow and that he is more than doing his bit to help the team. People just get picky with his dumb plays when he does make them and don't pay attention to the good that he does, that's what's happening :wink:

Statistically Pietrus is having a career year, even better than he did last year with one and a half steals and almost four and a half rebounds. He gets only twenty four minutes a game, less than last year and yet is doing more.

Monta is having a worse season tham Pietrus and is hurting the team more. He is getting almost thirty two minutes a game and is only scoring thirteen points, getting two and a half assists, just less than three rebounds and his shooting percentages are pretty bad. Matt Barnes is another one doing less than last year and doing less than Pietrus.

Maybe people should start giving credit where credit is due and giving Pietrus some positive evluations. The guy is not a scholar out there, nor is he Tim Hardaway handling the ball but he plays his role better than most on the team!

Hope this isn't a racist thing! I don't like the poofy french accents either, nor do I eat frogs and admire bitches that don't shave their arm pits and legs but that has nothing to do with it and I give Pietrus credit and support the man!!!!

Je ami (like not love) Mickael Pietrus.

Je ami (like not love) femmes ce soos bit

:mrgreen:

If you dont watch the games, you cant talk about what the statsheet says! He takes the ball in the corner, covered, and he chucks it up. Someone who actually watches the game, disagree with me on this.... You're argument is that he can shoot well from the field? 60% of his shots are dunks and layups, which he misses a third of the time anyways. He gets bloated stats on his statsheet. All his points are easy points in the lane, all his rebounds are long rebounds right to him (like Troy Murphy) and he fouls like the point of the game is to foul. I wouldnt be sad if they cut him today....
PreviousNext

Return to News Articles