Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:34 am
coltraning wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:Nice new chik on your sig coltraning :wink:

Just because a player misses one dunk attempt doesn't mean he is garbage and can't put the ball in the basket but it is a sign of lack of coordination. We are all used to that as Foyle was a master of uncoordination. Nelson shouls be playing the young guys far more, unless there is a situation where fouling of an opposition star big is needed or some muscle is needed out on the court, that is where Mbenga should play but that won't be often anyway. I want to see BWright play more and show whether he deserves the playing time or not. Right now, Nelson isn't even giving Belinelli and BWright the chance

I was very impressed w/bwright tonight - would like to see him get some more minutes...

Join the crowd. :|

I think the only crowd that matters is Nelson's crowd of one - somehow I suspect he doesn't spend a lot o time reading this board, though with our scintillating and spot-on analysis, I can't see why...

He is one of the best coaches ever. His way works. Whatever he wants to do is fine, but I wish he wouldnt be so damn hard on the rookies and their playing time.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:32 am
migya wrote:Just because a player misses one dunk attempt doesn't mean he is garbage and can't put the ball in the basket but it is a sign of lack of coordination.

You do understand that it was a dump off pass on a wide open break away, right? The kinda play that Jason Richardson would usually crank out a 360 or a windmill on?? Mbenga full-on MISSED the wide open jam. That's pathetic. Even Foyle could hammer it down wide open on the break.

Mbenga reminds me of Pietrus, only bigger and slower. They both make dumb mistakes that kill momentum... and they have zero basketball fundamentals to speak of.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:56 pm
32 wrote:
migya wrote:Just because a player misses one dunk attempt doesn't mean he is garbage and can't put the ball in the basket but it is a sign of lack of coordination.

You do understand that it was a dump off pass on a wide open break away, right? The kinda play that Jason Richardson would usually crank out a 360 or a windmill on?? Mbenga full-on MISSED the wide open jam. That's pathetic. Even Foyle could hammer it down wide open on the break.

Mbenga reminds me of Pietrus, only bigger and slower. They both make dumb mistakes that kill momentum... and they have zero basketball fundamentals to speak of.

The guy was not signed with thought that he will be a Michael Jordan. He was signed to add a big body to go against the likes of Boozer and get some rebounds

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:19 pm
migya wrote:
32 wrote:

The guy was not signed with thought that he will be a Michael Jordan. He was signed to add a big body to go against the likes of Boozer and get some rebounds

No one expects him to be Michael Jordan. We expect more than what he has given us. He is embarassing to have out there.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:31 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:

No one expects him to be Michael Jordan. We expect more than what he has given us. He is embarassing to have out there.

The guy has played hardly at all so far! What is expected of him anyway? He is supposed to be behind O'bryant and Croshere at least (at least it should be) so not much should be expected of him but some effort

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:56 pm
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:

The guy has played hardly at all so far! What is expected of him anyway? He is supposed to be behind O'bryant and Croshere at least (at least it should be) so not much should be expected of him but some effort

But the God damn effort isnt there! He doesnt run, doesnt do much of anything. Dont tell me he hardly plays. He plays more than O'Bryant and Wright do!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:29 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:

But the God damn effort isnt there! He doesnt run, doesnt do much of anything. Dont tell me he hardly plays. He plays more than O'Bryant and Wright do!

He was tested out by Nelson and will be a bench warmer more than anything

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:54 am
32 wrote:

I've seen Foyle guilty of similar miscues. Not that this actually excuses anything. It was pretty darn terrible. Frankly I've seen Jordan miss an easier dunk once too :-)

I don't mind Mbenga so much. I mind that he plays. He's big and obviously not good enough to get minutes unless all hell is loose for some reason or other but he's been taking POB's minutes for some reason. That is just odd.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:04 am
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:

He was tested out by Nelson and will be a bench warmer more than anything

His first game should have been a test. The fact that he got too much playing time in the second scares me. Against New York, I was fine with it. I understood it. He guarded Curry. I would love to see him in there against slow big guys, but putting him on KG!? What the hell is that!?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:50 pm
migya wrote:
32 wrote:

If you have an NBA contract, you should be able to slam down a wide open dunk on a break away. I cannot believe you're even disputing that... :roll:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:23 pm
Although he is not being paid much, I don't like him taking away minutes from Wright and POB. 5MPG is enough from him.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:19 am
32 wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:

If you have an NBA contract, you should be able to slam down a wide open dunk on a break away. I cannot believe you're even disputing that... :roll:

:roll: Just gets worse with you. He has to play his very minimal role

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:21 am
JayPat wrote:Although he is not being paid much, I don't like him taking away minutes from Wright and POB. 5MPG is enough from him.

Nelson looks somewhat a hating man by not playing O'bryant and especially BWright that much and then using Mbenga more than them so far. That has to change and with continued good performances in limited time, both players might just get more court time

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:29 am
migya wrote:
32 wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:

But he doesnt play a minimal role! He is the second guy off the bench, every single game! It is getting rediculous. They signed him the day after O'Bryant had his awesome game, too. I dont understand him. He never does any stat, you notice that. He always has more minutes than he does points, rebounds, and blocks combined.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:08 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:

But he doesnt play a minimal role! He is the second guy off the bench, every single game! It is getting rediculous. They signed him the day after O'Bryant had his awesome game, too. I dont understand him. He never does any stat, you notice that. He always has more minutes than he does points, rebounds, and blocks combined.

The guy has gotten 7mins a game the three games he has played, hardly roadblocking the bigs on the team! He shouldn't be getting even that much, ofcourse, but it hasn't been an insane amount of court time. Look for him to play less as his lack of ability is exposed compared to BWright and O'bryant

PreviousNext

Return to News Articles