Davis wants Warriors to make an early call.

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:08 am
migya wrote:How to think that Baron is a max player? He hasn't been as good as Brand and even Gasol in his career (maybe s good as Gasol)

You're answering yourself, bro. :wink:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:24 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:How to think that Baron is a max player? He hasn't been as good as Brand and even Gasol in his career (maybe s good as Gasol)

You're answering yourself, bro. :wink:

See Baron, the injuryprone player, as a 15 million a year player at best. He has been just pretty good for a good half of his career and very good the rest, with moments of greatness (like in the playoffs last season) but he is not elite all the time and the fact he gets injured every season makes him not a max salary player

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:29 am
migya wrote:See Baron, the injuryprone player, as a 15 million a year player at best. He has been just pretty good for a good half of his career and very good the rest, with moments of greatness (like in the playoffs last season) but he is not elite all the time and the fact he gets injured every season makes him not a max salary player

Ok, but then neither should be Gasol (who's been injured several times, too, albeit not as much as Baron) and Brand (who's gonna lose half this year). Also, Gasol has always lost in the first round and Brand has made the playoffs... what?. Two times?.

Everyone has issues, except a select few. Those are what I consider max players.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:36 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:See Baron, the injuryprone player, as a 15 million a year player at best. He has been just pretty good for a good half of his career and very good the rest, with moments of greatness (like in the playoffs last season) but he is not elite all the time and the fact he gets injured every season makes him not a max salary player

Ok, but then neither should be Gasol (who's been injured several times, too, albeit not as much as Baron) and Brand (who's gonna lose half this year). Also, Gasol has always lost in the first round and Brand has made the playoffs... what?. Two times?.

Everyone has issues, except a select few. Those are what I consider max players.

Gasol might not be a max salary player, what I meant is that he seems to have become an elite player the last two seasons, where before he was just allstar caliber. Brand has been pretty injury free up until now and has performed to elite level.

I don't think that whether a player's team has made the playoffs or not is really relevant. There have been many superstars who's teams have never been powerhouses but that doesn't mean those players are not stars and elite players

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:40 am
migya wrote:I don't think that whether a player's team has made the playoffs or not is really relevant. There have been many superstars who's teams have never been powerhouses but that doesn't mean those players are not stars and elite players

You know, I can see that point when it comes to titles. Having titles adds some points to those players, but it's extremely hard to do. There are lots of great players that never won a title.

But every single great player in league history has a few deep playoff runs. I mean, you have to beat somebody to be great. If not, you're gonna end up as a great player that couldn't win games. Not exactly what I call a star.

That's just my opinion, tho. Take it for what it's worth...

btw, we've had this discussion several times already. Are you sure we're not becoming post whores? :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:53 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I don't think that whether a player's team has made the playoffs or not is really relevant. There have been many superstars who's teams have never been powerhouses but that doesn't mean those players are not stars and elite players

You know, I can see that point when it comes to titles. Having titles adds some points to those players, but it's extremely hard to do. There are lots of great players that never won a title.

But every single great player in league history has a few deep playoff runs. I mean, you have to beat somebody to be great. If not, you're gonna end up as a great player that couldn't win games. Not exactly what I call a star.

That's just my opinion, tho. Take it for what it's worth...

btw, we've had this discussion several times already. Are you sure we're not becoming post whores? :mrgreen:

Man, there are many great players that didn't go far in the playoffs, like Dominique Wilkins, Barkley (when in the sixers), David Robinson (before Duncan arrived and not counting 1994/95, the only season they went far in the playoffs). Sure there are some others. I look at the player only and what they performed like.

I ain't no whore :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:55 am
migya wrote:I ain't no whore :mrgreen:

Everybody's somebody's whore. Accept it. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:07 am
TMC wrote:

I've become one lady's money provider :x :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:48 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

See?. That proves my point. She's your pimp, so I guess that makes your her...

:mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:14 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

See?. That proves my point. She's your pimp, so I guess that makes your her...

Yes well............... At least I ain't no The MarcusBanks Cheerleader

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:09 am
migya wrote:

Ouch. That hurts.

Gotta think of something witty to say. Don't read this post til it's edited. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:23 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

Ouch. That hurts.

Gotta think of something witty to say. Don't read this post til it's edited. :mrgreen:

^^^^ Hmm....that aint obvious... :mrgreen:
Previous

Return to News Articles