Charlie Bell looking to move on...

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:14 pm
Yeah, after that signing, J-Will must be leaving sometime soon. They have Smush Parker and now Charlie Bell. All I know someone is leaving that's for sure.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:53 am
migya wrote: Does look like Pietrus and fillers for JWilliams may be happening

Actually, I'm not so sure after this signing. I mean, Charlie Bell did play more SG than PG with the Bucks, so he covers that need for the Heat, too.

And there's no doubt he's miles ahead of Pietruas as a bball player.

If I'm Miami, I'd keep J-Will just to get rid of his contract next year.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:06 am
The Heat are transitioning with young players, who I'm not so sure are that good at all but could be. Payton and JWilliams are out of there

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:53 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote: Does look like Pietrus and fillers for JWilliams may be happening

Actually, I'm not so sure after this signing. I mean, Charlie Bell did play more SG than PG with the Bucks, so he covers that need for the Heat, too.

And there's no doubt he's miles ahead of Pietruas as a bball player.

If I'm Miami, I'd keep J-Will just to get rid of his contract next year.

but miami is tryin to get under the dollar-for-dollar luxory tax. right now theyre at 4 million over and if milwaukee doesnt match the offer sheet then theyll be 7 million over. jason williams is most definitly on his way out of miami
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:58 am
EMan32 wrote:but miami is tryin to get under the dollar-for-dollar luxory tax. right now theyre at 4 million over and if milwaukee doesnt match the offer sheet then theyll be 7 million over. jason williams is most definitly on his way out of miami

True, but trading J-Will won't do much for their salary cap unless they trade him for a trade exception (like ours). Trading him for Pietrus (as rumored) will only add payroll for the future.

If they want to get rid of his salary, they'll trade him for our exception (which we should reject. The exception is a lot more valuable than an expirer) or not trade him at all and just let his contract expire.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:24 am
TMC wrote:
EMan32 wrote:but miami is tryin to get under the dollar-for-dollar luxory tax. right now theyre at 4 million over and if milwaukee doesnt match the offer sheet then theyll be 7 million over. jason williams is most definitly on his way out of miami

True, but trading J-Will won't do much for their salary cap unless they trade him for a trade exception (like ours). Trading him for Pietrus (as rumored) will only add payroll for the future.

If they want to get rid of his salary, they'll trade him for our exception (which we should reject. The exception is a lot more valuable than an expirer) or not trade him at all and just let his contract expire.

yeah but theyll have next off-season to cut more salary...plus the fact that theyll prolly cut paytons salary this year and zo's salary next year. trading williams' 9 million would give them 2 million to mess around with. so they use that 2 million plus go maybe 3 mill over the cap for pietrus and theyre still in better shape than they were before plus they fill needs for the team.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:52 am
JWilliams for the TE would be stupid but he is an expirer and if the team doesn't mind paying for him, he would fit the backup PG position, which has not been filled yet and may not actually

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:52 am
migya wrote:JWilliams for the TE would be stupid but he is an expirer

You just countered your own argument. An expirer, alone, would be worth more to us than the TE... especially one with a contract as big as Williams' who can play backup point guard for us when Baron's hurt.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:57 am
32 wrote:
migya wrote:JWilliams for the TE would be stupid but he is an expirer

You just countered your own argument. An expirer, alone, would be worth more to us than the TE... especially one with a contract as big as Williams' who can play backup point guard for us when Baron's hurt.

The TE is probably a bit more valuable as it can be used in a separate trade to get talent. Either way, money is saved for next season but JWilliams is a decent enough PG and could be a good backup and as I've said, it doesn't look like Mullin is going to sign a backup PG in the next month

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:50 pm
Well, going back to Charlie Bell as the topic, seems like the Bucks have matched the offer he signed with Miami. Against his will, he'll be a Buck again...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3029278

Wonder if Miami will now make a stronger push for Pietrus.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:49 pm
TMC wrote:Well, going back to Charlie Bell as the topic, seems like the Bucks have matched the offer he signed with Miami. Against his will, he'll be a Buck again...

[-o<

'Nuff said. :wink:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:09 pm
TMC wrote:Well, going back to Charlie Bell as the topic, seems like the Bucks have matched the offer he signed with Miami. Against his will, he'll be a Buck again...

Bucks look to be getting into another bad player situation. Going against a player's decision in signing is dangerous.

Maybe Riley will make an even harder push for Pietrus

Previous

Return to News Articles