Charlie Bell looking to move on...

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:48 am
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

What do people think about this? Personally I think Charlie Bell would be a nice fit as backup point to Baron. Thoughts...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:09 am
breezer_79 wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AqO94WCgHC9FM9pmfwuEV9m8vLYF?slug=ap-bucks-bell&prov=ap&type=lgns

What do people think about this? Personally I think Charlie Bell would be a nice fit as backup point to Baron. Thoughts...

I've always liked him. This kid can score at will, and would be cheaper than Boykins, J-Will and any other option we have discussed. I just never talked about him because he was always talking about coming back to the Bucks... but seems like he has changed his mind. I'd love to sign him as Baron's backup.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:09 pm
TMC wrote:
breezer_79 wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AqO94WCgHC9FM9pmfwuEV9m8vLYF?slug=ap-bucks-bell&prov=ap&type=lgns

I've always liked him. This kid can score at will, and would be cheaper than Boykins, J-Will and any other option we have discussed. I just never talked about him because he was always talking about coming back to the Bucks... but seems like he has changed his mind. I'd love to sign him as Baron's backup.

problem with that is he played only 4% of his minutes at PG with Milwaukee and didn't have exceptional #s, so what evidence is there that he'd be a good point guard? As old and creaky as payton is, at least there is no debate he is a PG...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:48 pm
coltraning wrote:problem with that is he played only 4% of his minutes at PG with Milwaukee and didn't have exceptional #s, so what evidence is there that he'd be a good point guard? As old and creaky as payton is, at least there is no debate he is a PG...

Yeah, but only 'cos they also had Boykins. He had no minutes there, so he played most of his minutes at SG (and even SF at times). But there's no doubt, in my mind, that Charlie can play PG. Keep in mind we're only talking about a backup.
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:04 pm
Be honest though...would you prefer we stick with Jask? I'm with TMC in saying that Charlie can run the point, the fact that he played minutes at SG and SF just speaks to his versatility. I do understand what you're saying though Coltraining...
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:47 pm
breezer_79 wrote:Be honest though...would you prefer we stick with Jask? I'm with TMC in saying that Charlie can run the point, the fact that he played minutes at SG and SF just speaks to his versatility. I do understand what you're saying though Coltraining...

I doubt Jask will get many chances this season. If he keeps sucking it will be the Baron and Monta show at the 1 I think.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:04 pm
Belinelli is also above Rooney on the depth chart. I want a good point guard that we have enough trust to play, and Rooney just doesnt have it.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:38 pm
i like bell...definitely could be a good backup for baron...he can handle the ball and takke pressure and like a couple of you mentioned, he played more time at SG and SF than he did at PG so defensively im not worried about him. the only question i would have is his ability to create for others cuz he didnt spend much time at the point. i have no doubt he can run the point, but playing in milwaukee he has definitly developed a scoring mentality.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:58 am
EMan32 wrote:i like bell...definitely could be a good backup for baron...he can handle the ball and takke pressure and like a couple of you mentioned, he played more time at SG and SF than he did at PG so defensively im not worried about him. the only question i would have is his ability to create for others cuz he didnt spend much time at the point. i have no doubt he can run the point, but playing in milwaukee he has definitly developed a scoring mentality.

I agree, Bell may not be able to create for others but if he can do the defense well and comes cheaply, I'd take him

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:39 am
I like Charlie Bell. Kid can ball.

Even if I do think he might be a little expensive for a backup point.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:03 pm
miami heat signed charlie bell for 5 years, 18 million. it seems like they're unloading jason william's contract. it might be possible that we actually send pietrus for jason williams.

That's me :D
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:51 pm
aaustria wrote:miami heat signed charlie bell for 5 years, 18 million. it seems like they're unloading jason william's contract. it might be possible that we actually send pietrus for jason williams.

I hope so.

I also hope we don't waive Jason Williams the second we get him. We need a backup PG. Even if we have no future plans of keeping him, we shouldn't just unload him like a Steve Francis or a Chris Webber. He brings something we need.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:50 pm
so what is the over under on us getting williams or payton? really, w/monta, belli and sjax, only about 10 minutes of backup pg are needed...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:38 pm
coltraning wrote:so what is the over under on us getting williams or payton? really, w/monta, belli and sjax, only about 10 minutes of backup pg are needed...

jax isnt gonna spend much time if any at PG. if we get williams or payton then we can give them more time at the backup spot and let monta and belinelli concentrate more on playing the SG role. no doubt monta will still see some time at point, but it wont be his main role...he'll just be the "j-rich" with better handles (considering his progress this off-season is positive). that way belinelli slides into monta's old role as a scorer off the bench.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:49 pm
aaustria wrote:miami heat signed charlie bell for 5 years, 18 million. it seems like they're unloading jason william's contract. it might be possible that we actually send pietrus for jason williams.

Bit high for a backup PG but not too expensive. Heat looking to transition. Does look like Pietrus and fillers for JWilliams may be happening

migya make the ring fall on ya
Next

Return to News Articles