Oden out for the year OUCH!!!

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:27 am
Just heard on ESPN that he ended up having to have microfracture surgery on his knee, the same surgery that all but ended Penny Hardaways career....sucks for the blazers. I hope he can fully recover, it would be tragic if his career was ruined before it started. They said he hurt just getting up off of the couch.
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:46 am
I KNEW IT!!!

Pervus Elison: Version 2!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:47 am
nickdakoolkat wrote:They said he hurt just getting up off of the couch.

:shock:

How can that happen just getting out of the couch?

In any case, it sucks for both the Blazers and Oden. The biggest problem is not the upcoming season, but how well he'll recover. Guess we'll have to wait a full year to see him.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:31 pm
Everybody says the surgery is looking good. The Blazers and the doctors both expect a full recovery. But I've been saying this for the past month: Oden is the next Pervus Elison.

First it was his wrist in college, then it was his tonsils in summer league, and now he's out for the entire season because of his knee?! That's way too injury-prone for a #1 overall selection.

The Blazers should have heeded the warnings regarding Oden's health a little more seriously... although, I admit, I'd have taken him at #1, too. They made the smart move... but it might not be the luckiest.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:43 pm
How the hell do you get hurt getting up from a couch...? Hmm, I need to start a thread for stupidest injuries.. :mrgreen:
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:48 pm
Eeeeeerr, wow....not even sure what to say. My condolences to Blazers fans out there. This just sucks. I was looking forward to seeing what he could produce in his Rookie season. I don't think anyone could have foreseen this coming. I think you have to remember the tonsilitis came after he was drafted...so previously what had he had....a sprained wrist. Doesn't sound to injury prone to me, fast forward to the present day and he sounds like an injury nightmare...not much to be done about it though I guess. He just has to recover, put in the hard yards in rehab and go from there.

On a side note, any fantasy fans out there will probably wanna put some thought into LaMarcus Aldridge...

This may even be a blessing in disguise for Portland fans. Looks like a lottery pick...again. Scary thought how good they might end up if they do get another top pick. :shock:
Last edited by breezer_79 on Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:50 pm
Come on guys...who hasn't strained there back or tweaked there knee or some stupid **** like that, when getting off the couch, getting out of bed, the shower, the car...**** happens.

I actually kind of see this as more of an Amare situation. They're saying the area of injury is only small...and the fact that he's young can only be a good thing in terms of recovery. Could be an amazing first season for him in 2008-09, we will see...

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:02 pm
No it's a good thing for the Blazers. Them losing Randolph to the Knicks makes them another lottery team for next year with their top pick returning the following yr! Lots of trouble for the W's for next year!

Rose, Beasley and Mayo ect...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:18 pm
Losing is never a good thing.... Even if they would have a lottery pick next year, he might not turn out to be any good. Wins are certain, and if you told me that the Warriors could either make the playoffs this year or get a lottery pick, I would take the playoffs.
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:09 pm
Of course you would...we all would. But if Baron went down with a season long knee injury right now...I'd personally be praying for a good lottery pick. I see a similar situation with Portland. They had huge hopes for the playoffs this year...but realistically they probably weren't going to get there till next season anyways...now they're just gonna get there with more talent.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:20 pm
Well, if the W's didnt make the playoffs, of course I would hope they got a good pick, but hoping for one doesnt do anyone good.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:42 pm
Bad luck huh. Oden needs to recover as well as possible, hopefully like Amare did. True that the Blazers will likely get another high draft pick in next draft but they don't need it, unless it is at PG. They must be sick of not making the playoffs and wouldn't surprise me if they raded some of their young guys for a star player or two

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:01 am
migya wrote:True that the Blazers will likely get another high draft pick in next draft but they don't need it, unless it is at PG.

A SF wouldn't be a bad consolation prize. I mean, doesn't look like Martell Webster (still young, but has to do SOMETHING this year) or Miles can solve their issues there in the near future.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:57 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:True that the Blazers will likely get another high draft pick in next draft but they don't need it, unless it is at PG.

A SF wouldn't be a bad consolation prize. I mean, doesn't look like Martell Webster (still young, but has to do SOMETHING this year) or Miles can solve their issues there in the near future.

Reckon Webster could be decent enough and SFs are easier to get than PGs

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:55 pm
I also heard Oden has one led 1" shorter than the other whitch led to this knee problem.

Return to News Articles