Foyle signed

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:53 pm
Better living just outside that area and getting a much cheaper house. Are houses alot cheaper a few kilometers away?

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:56 pm
What a lot of people do is they live out in the valley and commute to work in the bay area. A good example is people living about 2 hours away in Modesto commuting to Oakland for stable work and good pay. Two hours in rush hour traffic not moving there. Two hours in rush hour traffic coming back. It isnt a life style that I would want, but a whole lot of people do it. Yes, like in most places, the farther you go away from the main areas, the cheaper it becomes.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:09 pm
Two hours away is steep. Half an hour away, as in approximately fourty kilometers away here in Perth makes a pretty big difference in the price of a house. I live twenty minutes from the CBD, about fourty kilometers away, and the house prices in my area are about 70% of the price of houses that are twenty kilometers away from the CBD

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:20 pm
I bet that a house in Livermore or Modesto is about half the price of one in the Bay Area. Even more than that probably.

I really feel bad for the people commuting. It really isnt that far, going without traffic is about an hour or so. There is just so many damn cars in some places just all day long.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:28 pm
Our road system here is very good, especially the freeway but in the last four years many people have moved here from the East, places like Sydney and Melbourne, and the traffic is becoming real bad but still reasonable

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:34 pm
Traffic here can come to a standstill for 10 minutes at a time, especially where two highways come together. Just not moving at all. If you are in it, you can just turn off the car, take a nap, wake up, and you still are in the same place. :wink:

Some roads are decent, but a lot of roads are screwed up because of those stupid semi trucks that drive at 80 miles per hour and just slowly wear down the road. Feels like a roller coaster.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:53 am
migya wrote:Two hours away is steep. Half an hour away, as in approximately fourty kilometers away here in Perth makes a pretty big difference in the price of a house. I live twenty minutes from the CBD, about fourty kilometers away, and the house prices in my area are about 70% of the price of houses that are twenty kilometers away from the CBD

:shock:

Half an hour???. Just go to Madrid. It may take you 3 hours to cover that distance...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:09 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Two hours away is steep. Half an hour away, as in approximately fourty kilometers away here in Perth makes a pretty big difference in the price of a house. I live twenty minutes from the CBD, about fourty kilometers away, and the house prices in my area are about 70% of the price of houses that are twenty kilometers away from the CBD

:shock:

Half an hour???. Just go to Madrid. It may take you 3 hours to cover that distance...

We were talking about house prices, are you talking about distance covered? Do you mean that fourty kilometers is covered in about three hours in Madrid?

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:20 am
migya wrote:We were talking about house prices, are you talking about distance covered? Do you mean that fourty kilometers is covered in about three hours in Madrid?

Yep. My mistake. That's what happens when you read quickly over the whole thread.

As far as house prices, it's pretty much the same, although the difference may be a bit higher. I mean, instead of 70%, it's around 150%. And Madrid is not the most expensive city in Spain (although it's awfully close to San Sebastian, the #1 in that ranking).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:16 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:We were talking about house prices, are you talking about distance covered? Do you mean that fourty kilometers is covered in about three hours in Madrid?

Yep. My mistake. That's what happens when you read quickly over the whole thread.

As far as house prices, it's pretty much the same, although the difference may be a bit higher. I mean, instead of 70%, it's around 150%. And Madrid is not the most expensive city in Spain (although it's awfully close to San Sebastian, the #1 in that ranking).

So the further from these major cities you go, the cheaper the house prices obviously?

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:10 am
migya wrote:
So the further from these major cities you go, the cheaper the house prices obviously?

Yeah, as anywhere else, the further you live from the big cities, the cheaper it is.

The problem is that is pretty hard to find a decent job out of Madrid or Barcelona... And you can't live too far, or you'll spend all the money you save commuting there. Traffic is a b*tch in those cities.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:06 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

Yeah, as anywhere else, the further you live from the big cities, the cheaper it is.

The problem is that is pretty hard to find a decent job out of Madrid or Barcelona... And you can't live too far, or you'll spend all the money you save commuting there. Traffic is a b*tch in those cities.

Yea, traffic is always an issue in big cities. I'm pretty happy that the area in Perth I live in has got a couple of pretty big industrial areas some 10-15 kilometers away and I was able to score a job there, making things much easier

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:00 pm
cladden wrote:Ofcourse if you live in this area a million bucks can get you just about a garage.

Sure, close enough description.

But getting back to the trivia question, and just to make it clear, we're talking net worth, BTW.
Previous

Return to News Articles