Arenas NBA.com Blog about Baron & playoff's.

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:35 pm
Posted by Gilbert Arenas

He Predicted It
The whole Golden State/Dallas thing …Baron Told me in March that They'd Beat Dallas

Actually the funniest part about the Golden State/Dallas series was that when we played against the Warriors in March out in Golden State, me and Baron Davis were talking about playoffs and stuff and Baron said, “Man the only team we want, the only team we’ll beat in the First Round of the playoffs is Dallas.”

And you know, you kind of smirk, like, “You know how many wins that team has?”

He’s like, “Man we can beat them. For some reason they can’t match up with us.”

He was like, “G.A., if we get them in the First Round, we’re going to the Second Round.”

So when I’m watching it I’m like, “Oh my Lord.”

He was like, “Once they get a taste of these fans, they’re not going to win here. So all we have to do is steal a game out there, because they’re not winning here.”

And he was right. There’s no winning over there.

Me and B.D.’s been cool since high school because when I was getting into basketball he was the stud and I don’t know if he knows it, but I used to go watch his games.

Him and a guy named Kenny Brunner, they’d be going at it. My dad knew everything about the L.A. area and he’d show me, “These are the best point guards and the best guards.”

And I’d just be like, “Ohhh man, here we go again” to him.

And then I’d go tell my friends, “I went to see BARON DAVIS today!”

They’d be like, “You seen BARON DAVIS!?”

It was just a whole little high school thing, I was just a ninth or 10th grader.

Right now, me, Baron and Paul Pierce are collaborating to take over Magic Johnson’s summer charity basketball game. They added me too it and we’re calling it “L.A. Stars.” This is the first summer I’m doing it with them.

Baron's Beard
It’s working for him. This is the old Baron.
I had a beard too this year but that was more of me being too lazy to go get a hair cut. Mine wasn’t really like shaped up, it was just there. His is all nice and trim. He takes his time with his.

In 2003 he was one of the best players in the league. He’s back to that now. It’s just confidence and health. He’s healthy.

That’s the real Baron Davis. When you look at the league, players talk amongst each other and it’s like, “Who do you think is going to break out this year?” And everybody says the most dangerous point guards in this league are Steve Nash and Baron because they just do so much. Baron can score, rebound and dime people up. He just has so much trickery with him. If he stayed healthy every year and at his playing weight throughout the summer, man, he’s dangerous. People don’t realize that. He’s been injured so much that people forget about him. He’s just got to stay healthy, that’s all.
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:13 am
I had read this a couple of months ago. Arenas is pretty funny and a good character for nba interest

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:51 am
Baron hella called it.

But then, to be fair, so did half of the fans on this forum. :wink:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:02 pm
Yeah, Baron knew, but it was the worst kept secret in the Bay Area that the Ws owned the Mavs. It's funny, but margin for error is so small and random. I truly believe that the Ws could easily have won those first 2 games in Utah, esp the 2nd, and in that case would have won the series. While I don't believe they could have beaten SA, Phoenix was one cheap shot Bob shove away from taking that series, and who knows in that one? So, to take a leap of faith, you could make the case that the Ws were 2 missed free throws and one Horry shove away from the finals...quite a ride.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:33 am
You said it colt, the team could have had an even greater miracle ride but anyway

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:08 pm
migya wrote:You said it colt, the team could have had an even greater miracle ride but anyway

yeah, and I neglected to add that, like every playoff team in the west except the lakers, the Ws would have rolled the cavs in the finals.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Return to News Articles