Brand Ruptures Achilles Tendon

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:23 pm
Sad to see because you don't like to see anyone get injured, but this is a team the Warriors would be battling with for playoff positioning that likely will not be in the mix now.

http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/brand_ ... 70803.html
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:07 pm
They don't have a timetable for his return, but from everything I've learned in my life I know that Achilles tear's mess you up. Sad to see him go down like that.

Sad to be a Clippers fan lately when this is coupled with the Livingston loss. I always look to the Clip as a sister franchise since they sucked for so long like us. Plus they hate Laker fans too.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:19 pm
Huge injury and some players in the past who have gotten that injury are never the same again. Hope for him he can come back and be as good as he has been

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:01 pm
Yeah, I have always respected Brand. He is an awesome player, and I hope that he comes back and plays well, unless he is playing the Warriors. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:16 am
Very unfortunate. They lose Shaun Livingston one day... the next, Elton Brand. Too bad, so sad. Oh well... this should help the Warriors worry about one less team in the West.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:48 am
Thunder wrote:Sad to be a Clippers fan lately when this is coupled with the Livingston loss. I always look to the Clip as a sister franchise since they sucked for so long like us. Plus they hate Laker fans too.

Me too. The Clips are one of the few teams in the west I like, probably due to all those losing years...

In any case, this sucks. Their season may be over before it starts.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:01 am
TMC wrote:
Thunder wrote:Sad to be a Clippers fan lately when this is coupled with the Livingston loss. I always look to the Clip as a sister franchise since they sucked for so long like us. Plus they hate Laker fans too.

Me too. The Clips are one of the few teams in the west I like, probably due to all those losing years...

In any case, this sucks. Their season may be over before it starts.

They will be one of the worst teams, I'm picking they will be the worst actually, if Brand misses the entire season which is very possible

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:04 am
They should have a better chance at O.J. Mayo or someone else...
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:58 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:They should have a better chance at O.J. Mayo or someone else...

That's true - and you know Mayo would want to go there considering he chose USC for its LA marketing abilities.

Since I respect the Clip, however, I'd like to see them get someone with a better head on their shoulders than Mayo. Derrick Rose would suit them fine.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:52 am
Very sad... but its one less team to worry about, when it comes to the playoffs.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:23 am
I hope the Clips don't land a lottery pick this yr! Their team is in need of help! And this coming draft has potential stars if they come out Beasley and Derrick Rose!!!

I'd love to see Beasley in a W's uniform!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:48 am
You won't. Not unless the Warriors make another JRich-style trade come draft day. Golden State will likely pick close to where it was this season. I don't see the Warriors being a lottery team anytime soon.

The only way to implode this Warrior franchise would be to not resign Baron Davis, for Monta & Biedrins to leave via free agency, for Don Nelson to retire, for Chris Mullin to take off and not build this team, and for us to strap huge amounts of cash to BS, mediocre players.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to News Articles