Croshere a Warrior?, Barnes hires new agent.

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:09 am
If we trade Marco, we have almost no outside threat outside of maybe Jackson.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13509
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:33 am
And Al Harrington (who shot 40% for 3 last year).

And Matt Barnes (who just resigned).

And Kelenna Azuibuke (who shot near 50% for 3 in limited time).

And Monta Ellis (who, coming out of high school, was rumored to be a dead-eye 3-point shooter).

And either James Posey (who we'd get in a Pietrus trade) or Mickael Pietrus (who we'll resign if we have no other options).

:wink:
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:39 am
32 wrote:And Al Harrington (who shot 40% for 3 last year).

And Matt Barnes (who just resigned).

And Kelenna Azuibuke (who shot near 50% for 3 in limited time).

And Monta Ellis (who, coming out of high school, was rumored to be a dead-eye 3-point shooter).

And either James Posey (who we'd get in a Pietrus trade) or Mickael Pietrus (who we'll resign if we have no other options).

:wink:


Al has never shot that good, and I am not sure that he will do it again.

Matt Barnes is good coming off the bench, I will give you that. :wink:

Kelenna shot, just like you said, in limited time. He is unproven.

Monta is a terrible three point shooter, he shoots bricks, and passes them up most the time.

Posey might be okay, but Pietrus is garbage. He can shoot the corner three when he gets hot, but he isnt hot much.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13509
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:52 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
32 wrote:And Al Harrington (who shot 40% for 3 last year).

And Matt Barnes (who just resigned).

And Kelenna Azuibuke (who shot near 50% for 3 in limited time).

And Monta Ellis (who, coming out of high school, was rumored to be a dead-eye 3-point shooter).

And either James Posey (who we'd get in a Pietrus trade) or Mickael Pietrus (who we'll resign if we have no other options).

:wink:


Al has never shot that good, and I am not sure that he will do it again.

Matt Barnes is good coming off the bench, I will give you that. :wink:

Kelenna shot, just like you said, in limited time. He is unproven.

Monta is a terrible three point shooter, he shoots bricks, and passes them up most the time.

Posey might be okay, but Pietrus is garbage. He can shoot the corner three when he gets hot, but he isnt hot much.

Harrington's percentage has slowly risen his entire career. Even if he doesn't nail 45% of them next year, he'll likely hit 38-40% of them.

Kelenna and Monta are unproven in the NBA, but so is Marco Belinelli, so your point cancels itself out. If Marco is our savior from beyond the arc, Monta's reputation and Kelenna's skill that he showed last season definitely count, too.

And James Posey is an excellent shooter. Any guy who can consistently hover around 40% in the NBA is excellent.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:33 pm
32 wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
32 wrote:And Al Harrington (who shot 40% for 3 last year).

And Matt Barnes (who just resigned).

And Kelenna Azuibuke (who shot near 50% for 3 in limited time).

And Monta Ellis (who, coming out of high school, was rumored to be a dead-eye 3-point shooter).

And either James Posey (who we'd get in a Pietrus trade) or Mickael Pietrus (who we'll resign if we have no other options).

:wink:


Al has never shot that good, and I am not sure that he will do it again.

Matt Barnes is good coming off the bench, I will give you that. :wink:

Kelenna shot, just like you said, in limited time. He is unproven.

Monta is a terrible three point shooter, he shoots bricks, and passes them up most the time.

Posey might be okay, but Pietrus is garbage. He can shoot the corner three when he gets hot, but he isnt hot much.

Harrington's percentage has slowly risen his entire career. Even if he doesn't nail 45% of them next year, he'll likely hit 38-40% of them.

Kelenna and Monta are unproven in the NBA, but so is Marco Belinelli, so your point cancels itself out. If Marco is our savior from beyond the arc, Monta's reputation and Kelenna's skill that he showed last season definitely count, too.

And James Posey is an excellent shooter. Any guy who can consistently hover around 40% in the NBA is excellent.


Yeah, but Marco has been playing professionally for, what, 5 years? He isnt unproven, he has proved himself in Europe. It is all about what you consider proven.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13509
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:53 pm
I'd consider a 28-point NBA game worth way more than 90% of what goes on in Europe. Azuibuke may not get 20 minutes a night, but he's ALWAYS good when he does play.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:07 pm
But he hasnt been able to prove himself enough for me to say that he is our answer behind the line.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13509
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:53 pm
If you admit that Barnes is a 3-point shooter after ONE good year, you have to say the same about Harrington.

That gives us three good shooters (Jackson, Harrington, Barnes), to go along with 'unproven' players like Azuibuke. How many do we need?
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:41 pm
Both Barnes and Harrington are streaky shooters, but Barnes is in a zone more than Harrington is.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:31 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Both Barnes and Harrington are streaky shooters, but Barnes is in a zone more than Harrington is.


Huh??? Al make 43% of his 3pt this year, Barnes 36%.

Barnes had MADE a grand total of 10 3pts in his 3 year career up until this past season.

I can certainly see the case to say that this might have been a career year for Al in terms of 3, but there is just ZERO historical evidence to suggest that Barnes is a better or more consistent 3pt shooter than Al
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:14 pm
badabing8888 wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Both Barnes and Harrington are streaky shooters, but Barnes is in a zone more than Harrington is.


Huh??? Al make 43% of his 3pt this year, Barnes 36%.

Barnes had MADE a grand total of 10 3pts in his 3 year career up until this past season.

I can certainly see the case to say that this might have been a career year for Al in terms of 3, but there is just ZERO historical evidence to suggest that Barnes is a better or more consistent 3pt shooter than Al


I based it on last year. I really dont care what Barnes did up until last year. When they were both on the Warriors, it seemed like Barnes was making more than Al was. It might not have been the case, but it seemed like it.

If you have a game winning shot, and you are telling your team the play, who are you giving the ball to, Al or Barnes? I take Matt.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21364
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:39 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
32 wrote:And Al Harrington (who shot 40% for 3 last year).

And Matt Barnes (who just resigned).

And Kelenna Azuibuke (who shot near 50% for 3 in limited time).

And Monta Ellis (who, coming out of high school, was rumored to be a dead-eye 3-point shooter).

And either James Posey (who we'd get in a Pietrus trade) or Mickael Pietrus (who we'll resign if we have no other options).

:wink:


Al has never shot that good, and I am not sure that he will do it again.

Matt Barnes is good coming off the bench, I will give you that. :wink:

Kelenna shot, just like you said, in limited time. He is unproven.

Monta is a terrible three point shooter, he shoots bricks, and passes them up most the time.

Posey might be okay, but Pietrus is garbage. He can shoot the corner three when he gets hot, but he isnt hot much.



Harrington can shoot the three but is not someone who tkes a whole heap. Barnes showed ge was a good outside shooter but Azu sisn't play enough to show anything and Monta became a far lesser outside shooter
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13509
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:35 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
badabing8888 wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Both Barnes and Harrington are streaky shooters, but Barnes is in a zone more than Harrington is.


Huh??? Al make 43% of his 3pt this year, Barnes 36%.

Barnes had MADE a grand total of 10 3pts in his 3 year career up until this past season.

I can certainly see the case to say that this might have been a career year for Al in terms of 3, but there is just ZERO historical evidence to suggest that Barnes is a better or more consistent 3pt shooter than Al


I based it on last year. I really dont care what Barnes did up until last year. When they were both on the Warriors, it seemed like Barnes was making more than Al was. It might not have been the case, but it seemed like it.

If you have a game winning shot, and you are telling your team the play, who are you giving the ball to, Al or Barnes? I take Matt.

Following the trade from Indiana, Al Harrington shot 42% for 3-pointers as a Warriors. Matt Barnes, as badabing pointed out, shot 36% on the year. The proof is in the pudding.

Al also hit a game-winning lay-up for Golden State at the buzzer during the regular season against the 76ers (http://www.nba.com/games/20070202/GSWPHI/recap.html). Has Matt Barnes ever hit a buzzer-beater...?
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:33 pm
I wouldn't want any of those two taking the last shot. Are they serviceable shooters?. Yeah, both of them (even tho stats say Al's better, Barnes hit some key shots last year).

But I'd cringe at the thought of any of those two taking the game winner...
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13509
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:49 pm
Agreed. I'd rather have Baron, Monta, and Jackson all taking the final shot over those two.

However, thanks to a quick spin-move in the paint, Al has a buzzer-beater under his belt as a Warrior. I don't think Barnes can say the same. I'm not discounting Barnes; he took some key shots for us last year. But so did Harrington... and whats more, Harrington actually won us a game. Barnes can't say the same.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
PreviousNext

Return to News Articles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests