Bobcats, leading scorer Wallace reach agreement

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:03 am
Pretty much ye, but I'd prefer Morrison in the Bobcats situation than Reddick in the Magic situation

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:06 am
migya wrote:Pretty much ye, but I'd prefer Morrison in the Bobcats situation than Reddick in the Magic situation

Ok, but they are the same player. :wink:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:27 pm
migya wrote:
32 wrote:I'd rate Orlando above Charlotte. If the two teams went head-to-head in the playoffs, Dwight Howard alone would knock out the Bobcats in 6 games. Now that he's got Rashard Lewis launching jumpers on the perimeter, his rebounding numbers should skyrocket.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dwight Howard averaged 14 or 15 rebounds a game next year. Seriously.

i don't see Dwight as much better than Okafor at all. Okafor does everything Dwight does. The Bobcats have more guns around Okafor than what the Magic have around Dwight. Rashard is very good but GWallace, I'd say, can shut him down pretty good and score nearly as much himself. GWallace does everything else but scoring more than Lewis. I reckon Felton is better than Jameer so the PG favours the Bobcats but pretty even. JRich is what makes the difference. The Magic have noone to go against him. JRich would go off for 25+ in a series against the Magic! The likes of Morrison and May are also better than any bench player the Magic have

Okafor blocks more shots than Dwight Howard. That's it.

Howard's offensive post game has come along much faster than Okafors, his rebounding puts everybody but KG to shame, he's bigger, he's faster, he's stronger, and he's younger. Not to mention, Emeka Okafor might actually get injured before the series even starts.

Gerald Wallace is a more all-around player than Rashard Lewis, but Rashard can drop 25 PPG in Orlando and Wallace will be lucky to hit 17 PPG, with JRich in town. Richardson dominates any Magic player in the backcourt, but Jameer Nelson is most definately favored over the streaky, flimsy Felton (who is one of my favorite young point guards, so you can't even pretend that I'm biased).

Orlando would beat Charlotte in 6 games. Maybe 5.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:23 pm
32 wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:I'd rate Orlando above Charlotte. If the two teams went head-to-head in the playoffs, Dwight Howard alone would knock out the Bobcats in 6 games. Now that he's got Rashard Lewis launching jumpers on the perimeter, his rebounding numbers should skyrocket.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dwight Howard averaged 14 or 15 rebounds a game next year. Seriously.

i don't see Dwight as much better than Okafor at all. Okafor does everything Dwight does. The Bobcats have more guns around Okafor than what the Magic have around Dwight. Rashard is very good but GWallace, I'd say, can shut him down pretty good and score nearly as much himself. GWallace does everything else but scoring more than Lewis. I reckon Felton is better than Jameer so the PG favours the Bobcats but pretty even. JRich is what makes the difference. The Magic have noone to go against him. JRich would go off for 25+ in a series against the Magic! The likes of Morrison and May are also better than any bench player the Magic have

Howard's offensive post game has come along much faster than Okafors, his rebounding puts everybody but KG to shame, he's bigger, he's faster, he's stronger, and he's younger. Not to mention, Emeka Okafor might actually get injured before the series even starts.

Gerald Wallace is a more all-around player than Rashard Lewis, but Rashard can drop 25 PPG in Orlando and Wallace will be lucky to hit 17 PPG, with JRich in town. Richardson dominates any Magic player in the backcourt, but Jameer Nelson is most definately favored over the streaky, flimsy Felton (who is one of my favorite young point guards, so you can't even pretend that I'm biased).

Dwight averages like 0.2 rebounds more per 48mins than Okafor. The scoring differnece between the two is not significant and both are not good scorers at all. Even shot blocking, where Okafor is currently better, I'd call pretty even. They have the same level of impact for their teams and one can only say that Dwight has more potential, though that is a term that means nothing without proving it.

Say what you want about the rest of the rosters, Bobcats have better talent and a slightly better bench at this point. Jameer is looking like a mediocre player at best while Felton is set to become a top 15 PG this season if he continues to develop that is

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:24 pm
TMC wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
TMC wrote:Morrison=JJ Redick

That Walter Hermann fella proved to be the better rookie and this kid was either a 2nd rounder or a rookie FA. I never thought of Morrison as the best all around player in that weak draft class. I thought it was either Thomas or Roy.

Hermann was an undrafted rookie, unless I'm wrong, but he was pretty well known due to his international career.

As for Morrison... he has a lot to prove in the upcoming season. Right now, seems like he was a reach at the spot they grabbed him.

All Morrison's known for to me is that he's a cry baby when it comes to coming close to play in a championship game. He had that commercial saying things like "Yeah, I cried. But when I make it into the NBA, I'm going to make them all cry" or something like that. But yet... the only time I cried was when I was too busy cracking up on looking at his terrible performances during the season and his dramatic scene when they lost to UCLA.

Hope he proves me wrong though. Jrich, Wallace, Morrison, Felton, and Okafor would be quite the lineup in the East. Morrison needs to show up though.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:10 am
xbaywarrior wrote:"Yeah, I cried. But when I make it into the NBA, I'm going to make them all cry"

He was talking about Charlotte's front office... :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:53 am
migya wrote:
32 wrote:
migya wrote:

Dwight averages like 0.2 rebounds more per 48mins than Okafor. The scoring differnece between the two is not significant and both are not good scorers at all. Even shot blocking, where Okafor is currently better, I'd call pretty even. They have the same level of impact for their teams and one can only say that Dwight has more potential, though that is a term that means nothing without proving it.

Say what you want about the rest of the rosters, Bobcats have better talent and a slightly better bench at this point. Jameer is looking like a mediocre player at best while Felton is set to become a top 15 PG this season if he continues to develop that is

Jameer Nelson is a better scorer and rebounder.
Raymond Felton is a better passer.
They're both equally good defenders.

Dwight Howard scores more points, grabs more rebounds, dishes out more assists, and shoots 7% better than Emeka Okafor from the field.

As I said before, Emeka Okafor blocks more shots.

QED.

HOWARD / OKAFOR
17.6 PPG / 14.4 PPG
12.3 RPG / 11.3 RPG
1.9 APG / 1.2 APG
0.85 SPG / 0.90 SPG
1.9 BPG / 2.6 BPG
60.3% FG / 53.2% FG
58.6% FT / 59.3% FT
36.9 MPG / 34.8 MPG
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:48 pm
Do want to bring up who is the better cook stats as well?

Next season will show who is better, who's that

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:41 pm
migya wrote:Do want to bring up who is the better cook stats as well?

Cook stats? What's that? Does it have something to do with POB? :mrgreen:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:17 am
xbaywarrior wrote:
migya wrote:Do want to bring up who is the better cook stats as well?

Cook stats? What's that? Does it have something to do with POB? :mrgreen:

He's bringing up pretty meaningless stats that we may as well have the two PGs face off in an Iron Chef cook off

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:43 am
HAHAHAHAHA! :mrgreen: ::lol:

That's right, miggy. "Meaningless stats", like PPG, RPG, FG%, ect.

Who uses those, anyway? :mrgreen:

Patiented miggy. When in doubt, don't believe anything! Not even blatant statistics. :wink:
Previous

Return to News Articles