Stein on Beli-Nellie

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:24 pm
I'm sure he feels a ton of pressure to keep his figure...

Why in God's name would anybody eat that much ice cream if he didn't?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:57 pm
TMC wrote:There's always pressure with Nellie. Marco won't have to carry the team, but if he doesn't perform up to Nellie's standards, he won't have minutes.

So, there's pressure on him... and the better he plays, the more pressure he'll face. That's how life is in the NBA (if you want to win).

Belinelli is likely going to be the starting SG if the trade for Garnett happens. That means he will find himself having to hit open shots and defend the star SGs of the nba. He has alot of pressure on him to do those things. If he was just the 6th man or a backup, things would be so much easier his first season

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:51 am
migya wrote:Belinelli is likely going to be the starting SG if the trade for Garnett happens. That means he will find himself having to hit open shots and defend the star SGs of the nba. He has alot of pressure on him to do those things. If he was just the 6th man or a backup, things would be so much easier his first season

I don't think he'll start, much less at the beginning of the season. Nellie will move S-Jax to SG and play someone else at SF. Or maybe Azu can be our starting SG... but not Marco. He'll come off the bench until he proves (in regular season games) that he's ready to start.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:21 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Belinelli is likely going to be the starting SG if the trade for Garnett happens. That means he will find himself having to hit open shots and defend the star SGs of the nba. He has alot of pressure on him to do those things. If he was just the 6th man or a backup, things would be so much easier his first season

I don't think he'll start, much less at the beginning of the season. Nellie will move S-Jax to SG and play someone else at SF. Or maybe Azu can be our starting SG... but not Marco. He'll come off the bench until he proves (in regular season games) that he's ready to start.

If Mullin and Nelson want to have Belinelli come off the bench, Barnes needs to be resigned as well as Pietrus or some other SG/SF because Azu is just not going to start, no way in the world and if SJackson goes to starting SG, someone has to start at SF and that means Barnes has to be resigned. Even then, there is noone to back up Barnes at SF, unless Pietrus is resigned or traded for someone else. As it stands, if Monta is traded in a deal for Garnett, Belinelli has to start at SG

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:46 am
TMC wrote:

Ehhh... I think he has a legit chance at the starting 5 coming into training camp. Remember, Nellie put Pietrus in the starting 5 last season without seeing him play in an NBA game. If Belinelli is playing well in practice and scrimmages, I'm sure Nellie will start him.

He looked better than Azuibuke in summer league, so I can't see Azu starting over him. Maybe Posey or Barnes, but not Azu...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to News Articles