Stein on Beli-Nellie

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:37 pm
True. That's why I believe retaining Barnes or signing Posey is very important if we get KG. I'd feel much more comfortable with a starting five of Baron, SJax, Posey(or Barnes), KG, Beans. You could switch Posey and SJax around if you'd like.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:08 am
I'm not comfortable at all with losing JRich and Monta in one offseason and replacing them in the backcourt with a rookie. Mullin has to sign another guard or two, starting with Brevin Knight. Posey in a sign and trade for Pietrus would be ideal as well as he can play SG as well as SF

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:54 am
migya wrote:I'm not comfortable at all with losing JRich and Monta in one offseason and replacing them in the backcourt with a rookie.

I think that, if that happens, we'll try to sign back Pietrus so he can start at SG. Although I'd rather have Azu starting instead of the dumbest player in the game. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:56 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I'm not comfortable at all with losing JRich and Monta in one offseason and replacing them in the backcourt with a rookie.

I think that, if that happens, we'll try to sign back Pietrus so he can start at SG. Although I'd rather have Azu starting instead of the dumbest player in the game. :wink:

Pietrus is not bad, it's just that he is better suited as a SF. His lack of ball handling and creating skills mean that he needs to be used as a role player and so far, he has been good enough for a 6th or 7th man role, not as a starter. Alongside Garnett though, Pietrus could flourish

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:58 am
migya wrote:I'm not comfortable at all with losing JRich and Monta in one offseason and replacing them in the backcourt with a rookie. Mullin has to sign another guard or two, starting with Brevin Knight. Posey in a sign and trade for Pietrus would be ideal as well as he can play SG as well as SF

I dont thing Mullin would make this trade without having some kind of plan for the guard spot. I would like to see Azuibuke starting, but his lack of experience scares me. I hope they dont resign Pietrus for that spot. He is not a starter.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:17 pm
migya wrote:
32 wrote:Agreed. One of the advantages, too, is that Belinelli has absolutely no pressure on him. Its kinda like Matt Barnes was last year. Anything he gives us is gravy.

No pressure?
f Monta is kept, Belinelli will play a similar role to what Monta did last season, especially if baron gets injured yet again.
If Monta is traded, which looks certain to get Garnett, Belinelli could be the starting SG! Then he would have to be the real deal or the team is screwed. If he is a liability defensively and a streaky shooter that has off games it could criplle the team

Yes, no pressure.

If Monta Ellis is traded, Marco Belinelli will be starting on a team that features Baron Davis and Kevin Garnett. Not to mention Stephen Jackson. And either Andris Biedrins or Al Harrington.

There is absolutely no pressure on him. Everybody will be watching Baron to Kev, Baron to Kev, Baron to Kev... [-o<
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:34 pm
32 wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:Agreed. One of the advantages, too, is that Belinelli has absolutely no pressure on him. Its kinda like Matt Barnes was last year. Anything he gives us is gravy.

No pressure?
f Monta is kept, Belinelli will play a similar role to what Monta did last season, especially if baron gets injured yet again.
If Monta is traded, which looks certain to get Garnett, Belinelli could be the starting SG! Then he would have to be the real deal or the team is screwed. If he is a liability defensively and a streaky shooter that has off games it could criplle the team

Yes, no pressure.

If Monta Ellis is traded, Marco Belinelli will be starting on a team that features Baron Davis and Kevin Garnett. Not to mention Stephen Jackson. And either Andris Biedrins or Al Harrington.

There is absolutely no pressure on him. Everybody will be watching Baron to Kev, Baron to Kev, Baron to Kev... [-o<

Yea, keep thinking that :wink:

If Belinelli starts or gets alot of court time, the pressure is on him to assimilate with the other players and not let them down. A role player that fails in his role around stars as frowned upon immensely. Hopefully he will know his place and pick his spots

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:03 am
JayPat wrote:Remember, it is Summer League. Let's see if he does the same with NBA defenders.

the NBA has defenders?

He'll be fine. He's able to hit J's with a hand in his face, then I think he's going to be great in the NBA.

NBA defenders suck. We all know that. Who plays defense>

Kobe was first team defender. Yet GA, Redd had huge games of 40+ on him.

Hughes was a first teamer once and we know how Parker abused him.

Who else at sg. Kevin Martin going to stop Belli? He has long arms and may cause some trouble.

Roy? Roys a decent defender.

Mobely? Please.

Giricek?

Ricky Davis?

Mike James?

Finley?

Terry?

Kinsley?

Ben Gordon?

Most 2guard defenders suck and the ones that are touted are overrated.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:42 am
migya wrote:
32 wrote:
migya wrote:

No pressure?

Yes, no pressure.

Yea, keep thinking that :wink:

If Belinelli starts or gets alot of court time, the pressure is on him to assimilate with the other players and not let them down. A role player that fails in his role around stars as frowned upon immensely. Hopefully he will know his place and pick his spots

Players that would outrank Belinelli include:

1) Kevin Garnett
2) Baron Davis
3) Stephen Jackson
4) Andris Biedrins
5) James Posey

Belinelli would be the team's 6th best player. Yeah. That's a ton of pressure. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:59 am
There's always pressure with Nellie. Marco won't have to carry the team, but if he doesn't perform up to Nellie's standards, he won't have minutes.

So, there's pressure on him... and the better he plays, the more pressure he'll face. That's how life is in the NBA (if you want to win).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:03 pm
So, what you're saying, essentially, is that Belinelli has the exact same kind of pressue as every other guy on the roster who wants minutes...? :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:10 pm
32 wrote:So, what you're saying, essentially, is that Belinelli has the exact same kind of pressue as every other guy on the roster who wants minutes...? :wink:

I never said that. Just that he'll face pressure as any other guy that's going to play minutes. It's not the same kind of pressure, but he's not free of it either.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:23 pm
My point is that Marco Belinelli will come into the starting shooting guard role with, virtually, no pressure. With all eyes on Garnett, along with a healthy Baron, and Stephen Jackson to pick up the slack that those two miss, everybody else is simply a role player. Belinelli doesn't need to come in and score 20 points a game, like Monta did. He has no pressure to be a star on this team.

Of course he has everyday, NBA pressure. But everybody else does, too. Belinelli has no added pressure. That was my point.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:44 pm
Yeah, the only guy free of pressure (right now) is Lasme, as nobody expects much of him. On the other side, people expects Belinelli (and even Wright) to contribute in some way to the team. Both have pressure. NBA daily pressure, but pressure nonetheless.

Now that I think of it, nobody expects anything from Foyle anymore. I guess that means he's also free of pressure. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:36 pm
TMC wrote:Yeah, the only guy free of pressure (right now) is Lasme, as nobody expects much of him. On the other side, people expects Belinelli (and even Wright) to contribute in some way to the team. Both have pressure. NBA daily pressure, but pressure nonetheless.

Now that I think of it, nobody expects anything from Foyle anymore. I guess that means he's also free of pressure. :mrgreen:

How sweet it is for him. 8 million a year, no pressure, bench warming :wink:
PreviousNext

Return to News Articles