Warriors might not fill G.M. vacancy

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:05 am
coltraning wrote:Mullin has made an excellent recovery from the Foyle/Dunleavy fumbles with some solid picks and especially some brilliant robberies - er, I mean trades. I do think it was Nelson who forced his hand to trade the dungmurphy, but Mullin is very teachable.

Well, that statement is forever debateable. On record, Don Nelson has been quoted saying he had nothing to do with that deal and that it was purely Mullin, Bird, and Walsh.

While I'm sure Nelson gave Mullin an honest review at some point of Murphy & Dunleavy, I don't buy into the whole 'forced his hand' thing. Mullin has shown, time and time again, that he's a brilliant chess player when it comes to dealing with other GMs. Getting Baron Davis for free was one thing... but getting Harrington and Jackson in exchange for garbage is just too conclusive.

I give Chris Mullin all the credit in the world for assembling this team. After trading for Baron, drafting Monta, and signing Matt Barnes, the whole Indy/GS thing seems perfectly feasible for a VP like Mullin. Mully still hasn't proven that he knows how to properly resign players (perhaps he'll rectify himself with Barnes and Monta...), but trades and draft picks have always been top notch from the VP. :thumbleft:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to News Articles