Michael Jordan expected to hire Rod Higgins as GM.

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:44 pm
TMC wrote:
JayPat wrote:True. But it seems like Charlotte is headed in the right direction. They still can screw it up though.

That's what I'm saying. MJ wasn't involved in any of the moves that had Charlotte heading in the right direction. His only move, so far, has been replacing Bickerstaff with Sam Vincent... and hiring Higgings, although that's hardly a move.

We'll see what happens, as MJ still has to make a move with the Bobcats roster. This year's draft will be his first.

And Charlotte has a decent pick in one of the deepest drafts in history.

We'll see if Jordan can make TWO monumental fuckups in the draft.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:17 pm
TMC wrote:
JayPat wrote:True. But it seems like Charlotte is headed in the right direction. They still can screw it up though.

That's what I'm saying. MJ wasn't involved in any of the moves that had Charlotte heading in the right direction. His only move, so far, has been replacing Bickerstaff with Sam Vincent... and hiring Higgings, although that's hardly a move.

We'll see what happens, as MJ still has to make a move with the Bobcats roster. This year's draft will be his first.

I don't see too many holes in the Bobcats other than their obvious weak bench. They have high draft picks in their starting five other than Brezec but he will or should be replaced in this draft. They'll have to make a decision over the next 2 years whether the likes of Morrison and May are starting material or worth keeping at least. Interestinf roster decisions ahead for that franchise and it will make or break their future

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:42 pm
migya wrote:I don't see too many holes in the Bobcats other than their obvious weak bench. They have high draft picks in their starting five other than Brezec but he will or should be replaced in this draft.

I dunno about this...

First of all, Primo Brezec is more talented than half of the NBA centers playing today (and he's still a pretty young guy). It would be smart to start him at center and allow Okafor to play his natural position (at power forward). Sean May is best used in limited minutes, anyway. He's not in good enough shape to play longer periods of time.

Secondly, there's a huge hole in the Bobcats' roster... at shooting guard, which is what the Bobcats will be taking this year. Charlotte has had the right idea about the draft, all along: you take the big guys first because they're harder to find (Okafor, Brezec), then you fill in the point guard - which is the most important position to fill well - (Raymond Felton), and LASTLY you draft the wingmen (Morrison, 2007 pick). Talented wing players are a dime a dozen. They got Morrison (potentially, a big-time scorer) last year. They'll draft another scorer this year.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:30 am
32 wrote:
migya wrote:I don't see too many holes in the Bobcats other than their obvious weak bench. They have high draft picks in their starting five other than Brezec but he will or should be replaced in this draft.

I dunno about this...

First of all, Primo Brezec is more talented than half of the NBA centers playing today (and he's still a pretty young guy). It would be smart to start him at center and allow Okafor to play his natural position (at power forward). Sean May is best used in limited minutes, anyway. He's not in good enough shape to play longer periods of time.

Secondly, there's a huge hole in the Bobcats' roster... at shooting guard, which is what the Bobcats will be taking this year. Charlotte has had the right idea about the draft, all along: you take the big guys first because they're harder to find (Okafor, Brezec), then you fill in the point guard - which is the most important position to fill well - (Raymond Felton), and LASTLY you draft the wingmen (Morrison, 2007 pick). Talented wing players are a dime a dozen. They got Morrison (potentially, a big-time scorer) last year. They'll draft another scorer this year.

Pretty sure Prezec was picked up in the expansion draft, as was Gerald Wallace, their answer at SG. They have to keep Wallace because he is that valuable. Maybe May will only ever be a bench player but they did use a lottery pick on him so maybe that was a bit of a waste. Morrison will have to become their gunner because the guy doesn't do much else. Interesting to see which way they go. I reckon go for a big guy and try trading May or/and Prezec for a more talented player that can come off the bench but be capable of starting, a proven producer. They are definately looking good but a couple more good decisions should ensure they are a playoff team for quite some years

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:28 am
migya wrote:
32 wrote:

I dunno about this...

Pretty sure Prezec was picked up in the expansion draft, as was Gerald Wallace, their answer at SG. They have to keep Wallace because he is that valuable. Maybe May will only ever be a bench player but they did use a lottery pick on him so maybe that was a bit of a waste. Morrison will have to become their gunner because the guy doesn't do much else. Interesting to see which way they go. I reckon go for a big guy and try trading May or/and Prezec for a more talented player that can come off the bench but be capable of starting, a proven producer. They are definately looking good but a couple more good decisions should ensure they are a playoff team for quite some years

Wallace isn't a SG, he's a SF. He has no 3-point, mid-range shot. He's all inside on offense. He's valuable, their best player next to Okafor and Felton. A steal from Sacramento.

Brezec was picked up in the expansion draft as well. I wanted this kid a while back, he's pretty underrated to me.

As for May, he was a lottery pick but do remember that was the draft they picked 5 and 13. May's had injury problems since coming out. I still think they can trade him away for something pretty good in return despite the injuries.

Overall their lineup should be Brezec, Okafor, Wallace, SG, Felton. Morrison is just too inconsistent to start at SF and moving Wallace is very questionable. Even if you did put Morrison at SG and kept Wallace at SF, it still doesn't solve anything to their 2 guard problems.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:27 am
xbaywarrior wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:

I dunno about this...

Wallace isn't a SG, he's a SF. He has no 3-point, mid-range shot. He's all inside on offense. He's valuable, their best player next to Okafor and Felton. A steal from Sacramento.

Brezec was picked up in the expansion draft as well. I wanted this kid a while back, he's pretty underrated to me.

As for May, he was a lottery pick but do remember that was the draft they picked 5 and 13. May's had injury problems since coming out. I still think they can trade him away for something pretty good in return despite the injuries.

Overall their lineup should be Brezec, Okafor, Wallace, SG, Felton. Morrison is just too inconsistent to start at SF and moving Wallace is very questionable. Even if you did put Morrison at SG and kept Wallace at SF, it still doesn't solve anything to their 2 guard problems.

You are right about GWalace but he is capable at SG to say the least. He is much better as a SF and a real SG should be found but they won't get it in the draft but if they are smart, they can trade for one using May and Prezec. They can draft a big guy that can play PF and Center with Okafor, both interchanging between both positions, probably the best thing for them right now. Morrison should get better to the point where he would be a great 6th man, a real gunner off the bench but he likely will not be good at anything else. The Bobcats could really be a strong playoff caliber team next season if they do things right this offseason

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:40 am
migya wrote:You are right about GWalace but he is capable at SG to say the least. He is much better as a SF and a real SG should be found but they won't get it in the draft but if they are smart, they can trade for one using May and Prezec. They can draft a big guy that can play PF and Center with Okafor, both interchanging between both positions, probably the best thing for them right now. Morrison should get better to the point where he would be a great 6th man, a real gunner off the bench but he likely will not be good at anything else. The Bobcats could really be a strong playoff caliber team next season if they do things right this offseason

Gerald Wallace is a free agent, don't forget about that... Right now, and unless they re-sign Wallace (what would take a big contract), Morrison is their SF.

Also, they have a BIG hole at SG, that I expect them to fill in this year's draft...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:06 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:You are right about GWalace but he is capable at SG to say the least. He is much better as a SF and a real SG should be found but they won't get it in the draft but if they are smart, they can trade for one using May and Prezec. They can draft a big guy that can play PF and Center with Okafor, both interchanging between both positions, probably the best thing for them right now. Morrison should get better to the point where he would be a great 6th man, a real gunner off the bench but he likely will not be good at anything else. The Bobcats could really be a strong playoff caliber team next season if they do things right this offseason

Gerald Wallace is a free agent, don't forget about that... Right now, and unless they re-sign Wallace (what would take a big contract), Morrison is their SF.

Also, they have a BIG hole at SG, that I expect them to fill in this year's draft...

They absolutely must sign GWallace after the season he has had. He is very valuable to them and without him (unless they pick up a very adequate replacement) the Bobcats will be awful

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:58 am
I don't think the Bobcats will be 'terrible' without Gerald Wallace; they just need a proven scorer.

The Bobcats are a huge 'what-if' team. Potentially, they've got the ability to get to the 2nd round in the East...

IF Okafor stays healthy...
IF Sean May comes to camp in better shape, ready to play more minutes...
IF Raymond Felton and Adam Morrison play like they did in college...
IF they can draft a bonafide, NBA-ready scorer with their pick...
IF they can retain Gerald Wallace...

IF all those things can happen, Charlotte won't have a problem getting to the 2nd round. The problem is, a lot of those 'what-ifs' will never be solved. We all know Gerald Wallace is on his way out to test the free agent market. And, personally, I can't see Sean May coming into camp 15 pounds lighter... or Adam Morrison ever being more than a 2nd fiddle (aka, 17-18 PPG in his prime)... OR Okafor playing a season without missing 15 games.

Therefore, as I said last season, it all rides on Raymond Felton. If he can become the 20, 8, and 2 guard that everyone knows he can be, Charlotte will be in good shape, no matter what their situation.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:12 am
32 wrote:The Bobcats are a huge 'what-if' team. Potentially, they've got the ability to get to the 2nd round in the East...

IF Okafor stays healthy...
IF Sean May comes to camp in better shape, ready to play more minutes...
IF Raymond Felton and Adam Morrison play like they did in college...
IF they can draft a bonafide, NBA-ready scorer with their pick...
IF they can retain Gerald Wallace...

If Sam Vincent can coach...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:23 pm
They also have another fairly high lottery pick so more talent will be added and they seem to be getting players that fill needs with every draft pick (except May so far). A good coach is a must and I'm surprised they didn't go for a proven nba coach, one with some experience

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:43 pm
migya wrote:They also have another fairly high lottery pick so more talent will be added and they seem to be getting players that fill needs with every draft pick (except May so far). A good coach is a must and I'm surprised they didn't go for a proven nba coach, one with some experience

Sean May fills a need. The guy's rebounding off the bench. That's a need WE badly need filled.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:33 pm
i like the bobcats foundation. what they really need is experience and a few vets to help them out. i like okafor's defensive presence, and morrisons shooting. felton's game. a few more pieces and maybe they'll be somethin.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:47 pm
32 wrote:
migya wrote:They also have another fairly high lottery pick so more talent will be added and they seem to be getting players that fill needs with every draft pick (except May so far). A good coach is a must and I'm surprised they didn't go for a proven nba coach, one with some experience

Sean May fills a need. The guy's rebounding off the bench. That's a need WE badly need filled.

Yea but he was a lottery pick for a team that was in need of setting up it's starting five. As long as he does rebound and scores a bit, he'll be good enough but he may want more money than he deserves when it's time to resign and that is where the problem may arise

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:41 am
migya wrote:Yea but he was a lottery pick for a team that was in need of setting up it's starting five.

They only drafted May to help bring fans to the arena...
PreviousNext

Return to News Articles