Baron snubbed again.

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:54 pm
5-24-07

Can U.S. team be king without a Baron?
USA Basketball added eight players to its tryout roster for the 2007 World Championships, thereby granting them eligibility for the 2008 Olympics.

"We also decided to add some leadership in the backcourt and some shooters. We also recognized several players who had outstanding seasons and who we felt were deserving of this opportunity," director Jerry Colangelo said.

Guard experience, good shooting and great season. Baron Davis, right? Top of the list, if for no other reason than to thank him for saving the 2007 NBA playoffs? No. Not on the list. Deron Williams was, though, even though Boom Dizzle outscored, outshot, outstole and under-turnovered him during the Jazz-Warriors series.

Is he being punished for standing too close to Stephen Jackson? Or is something else at work?
John Ryan at jryan@mercurynews

Only should give Baron more motivation to have a great season next year :!:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:40 pm
I'm glad he wasn't invited. Playing over the summer means injuries during the year.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:26 am
JayPat wrote:I'm glad he wasn't invited. Playing over the summer means injuries during the year.

Yeah, me too. Just get ready for next season...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:57 am
TMC wrote:
JayPat wrote:I'm glad he wasn't invited. Playing over the summer means injuries during the year.

Yeah, me too. Just get ready for next season...

I dunno... its just the principle, to me.

Baron Davis should be an all-star. He definately should be invited to play for Team USA. Many could argue he should have made the All-NBA Defensive Team (leading the league in steals, guarding bigger players like Dirk, pushing the effort on defense over 100%).

But, for reasons unknown, he's not any of the above. Cruel. And unjustified. But definately Team USA's loss.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:38 am
DEfinately allows him to rest and prepare for next season but it is yet another insult somewhat for Baron. The guy outplayed guys like Deron and brought his team to the playoffs for the first time in 12 years and still gets overlooked. They are obviously looking for young studs to showcase but that can be a negative rather than a good thing against international, experienced teams

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:57 pm
Also, another thing to note is that he might try harder because of this stuff... trying to prove them wrong.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:19 pm
I don't want him to play in the Summer games, but I don't appreciate not a single invite. I guess it's just one whole conspiracy with all these things Baron should win or get involved in that's not happening for him. Whatever, just more motivation to make these suckers regret it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:33 am
JayPat wrote:Also, another thing to note is that he might try harder because of this stuff... trying to prove them wrong.

xbaywarrior wrote:Whatever, just more motivation to make these suckers regret it.

Dudes... after this season, what else is there to prove? Is the league not going to respect Baron Davis until he wins a fuckin championship???

Baron hobbled through the regular season on a sewn together leg, putting up All-NBA 2nd team numbers, dragging the 8th seed Warriors into the postseason (when even their head coach had proclaimed them dead), and knocked off a 67-win team that was already preparing the parade and MVP ceremony to cap off the best season this franchise has had in over a decade... not to mention, giving the Warriors their first playoff series victory since 1991.

That's a fuckin season, if you ask me. And its an absolute travesty that Baron's STILL getting no respect. If you ask me, he may never get the respect he deserves. If he's still getting snubbed after THAT season, I don't know what else he can do...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to News Articles