Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:31 pm
32 wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:it'll be another 1st round exit.

That's supposing they make the playoffs, which is far from a sure thing.

Unless they get significantly better, the Lakers won't get back to the playoffs for a while

Kobe and Odom are legit stars right now. Andrew Bynum is a future star. It just depends how soon.

The Lakers have a bone-headed front office, so it really depends. Do you trade Lamar Odom and build for the future... or do you trade Andrew Bynum for Jason Kidd or Chauncey Billips and give Kobe one more shot at a ring?

The Lakers can't possibly think Bynum will blow up by the time they need him to. They can't stand pat with their current roster.

Bynum would have to turn into an allstar type player at least for the Lakers to remain a playoff team. 1 great player and two very good ones surrounded by relative garbage can make a team a playoff team barely at best

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:05 am
32 wrote:Andrew Bynum is a future star. It just depends how soon.

I'm not so sure. Good center, yeah... but star?. I guess it depens on your definition of star. He'll be a good, reliable player... but no Dwight Howard. That's my definition of star.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:10 am
TMC wrote:

I'm not so sure. Good center, yeah... but star?. I guess it depens on your definition of star. He'll be a good, reliable player... but no Dwight Howard. That's my definition of star.

I'm not sure at all on Bynum. Looks like he wil take at least 5 years to get pretty good and may never be more than that.

About Dwight Howard - All this talk that the guy is such a superstar and he is a mediocre scorer. A great defender and rebounder yes but intwo seasons he has been a good scorer only and nothing special. He looks like he will never be anything like Shaq was yet there are all the comparisons between the two Orlando Magic 1st picks and Shaq was so much better right from the beginning. Dwight has to pick it up quick because he is looking like an allstar caliber player only

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:31 am
migya wrote:About Dwight Howard - All this talk that the guy is such a superstar and he is a mediocre scorer. A great defender and rebounder yes but intwo seasons he has been a good scorer only and nothing special. He looks like he will never be anything like Shaq was yet there are all the comparisons between the two Orlando Magic 1st picks and Shaq was so much better right from the beginning. Dwight has to pick it up quick because he is looking like an allstar caliber player only

You can't expect him to become Shaq. There may never be another Shaq again (or it will take a while, at the very least).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:54 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:About Dwight Howard - All this talk that the guy is such a superstar and he is a mediocre scorer. A great defender and rebounder yes but intwo seasons he has been a good scorer only and nothing special. He looks like he will never be anything like Shaq was yet there are all the comparisons between the two Orlando Magic 1st picks and Shaq was so much better right from the beginning. Dwight has to pick it up quick because he is looking like an allstar caliber player only

You can't expect him to become Shaq. There may never be another Shaq again (or it will take a while, at the very least).

Other players who have been tabbed as stars, like Bosh, Amare and Yao played better sooner than Dwight has. His ofensive game has alot of improvement to go. Right now he is one of the best rebounders and defenders

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:40 am
What's wrong with being a superstar from your rebounding and defense? People are superstars from scoring only... (see: Arenas, Gilbert)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:01 pm
JayPat wrote:What's wrong with being a superstar from your rebounding and defense? People are superstars from scoring only... (see: Arenas, Gilbert)

Gilbert is not really a superstar but is getting close.

Point is that Dwight is seen as a superstar but he is underdeveloped offensively compared to other superstar PFs and Centers so not a complete player yet

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:50 am
TMC wrote:

I think its unfair to not label Bynum a future star just because he'll never be in Dwight Howard's league...

Howard is going to be one of the league's Top 5 players someday. But that doesn't make Bynum any less valuable. In a few years (and, perhaps more importantly, in a Kobe-less environment), I can see him averaging 17/10/2.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:17 am
32 wrote:I think its unfair to not label Bynum a future star just because he'll never be in Dwight Howard's league...

Howard is going to be one of the league's Top 5 players someday. But that doesn't make Bynum any less valuable. In a few years (and, perhaps more importantly, in a Kobe-less environment), I can see him averaging 17/10/2.

Yeah, sounds about right... but that's not a star, to me. Just a very good player. Depends on how we define star.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:18 am
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:I think its unfair to not label Bynum a future star just because he'll never be in Dwight Howard's league...

Yeah, sounds about right... but that's not a star, to me. Just a very good player. Depends on how we define star.

I think 18/10/2 is star quality. How many players in the league can pull that line?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:51 am
32 wrote:
TMC wrote:

I think 18/10/2 is star quality. How many players in the league can pull that line?

Not many. What I'm saying is that I see him as a reliable player that won't be able to take over a game. Bynum doesn't look like someone that will dominate a game. More like someone that will contribute to wins, but will need someone on his team to close those games. More than numbers, that's what makes a star...

I may be wrong, tho. He's so young that I wouldn't be totally surprised if he develops into that kind of player.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:52 am
Don't think Bynum will reach those type of averages but if he does, he will be a very good player indeed as those averages are great. Not many Centers that give you that

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:08 am
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:
TMC wrote:

Not many. What I'm saying is that I see him as a reliable player that won't be able to take over a game. Bynum doesn't look like someone that will dominate a game. More like someone that will contribute to wins, but will need someone on his team to close those games. More than numbers, that's what makes a star...

I may be wrong, tho. He's so young that I wouldn't be totally surprised if he develops into that kind of player.

Well, we'll have to see. I'm impressed with the kid, so far. If he can stay outta foul trouble, he'll be a force.
Previous

Return to News Articles