Warrior's Overview Report from DraftExpress.com

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:22 am
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:Calderon would be a great backup for BD - I thought the raptors played better with him than with TJ. Nesterovic is flaky but he def can hit the 3 and may be redundant to TO what with Bargnani


The Raptors would be crazy to trade Calderon for MP and a low first pick... He even outplayed TJ Ford for most of the season, as Colt points.

Nesterovic would be a terrible fit. No, thanks. Maybe Mo Pete... although he ain't exactly what we're looking for.

migya wrote:For Pietrus and this draft's 1st rounder, add a future 1st rounder if needed, that would be a good trade. If Portland was interested in Pietrus, as they are likely to get rid of Miles, getting Sergio Rodriguez would be good


Portland won't give you Sergio for MP. Pietrus is still tradable, but not for that much. He's already lost his "upside potential". They'd probably trade us Fred Jones for him, but that's all.

Also, they don't need him that much.




xbay has said that he has read that Colangelo has made Pietrus a top priority of his this offseason so obviously Pietrus is wanted by some experts out there. I reckon Mullin should seriously consider enquiring about getting Calderon for Pietrus, he might just have a good trade on his hands. Pietrus has ability and has always had the potential label on him so something good could be obtained in exchange for him, Mullin just has to use that to his advantage and that starts with getting him a contract, sign and trade if need be
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:48 am
migya wrote:xbay has said that he has read that Colangelo has made Pietrus a top priority of his this offseason


Yeah, but only because he's a free agent and know we are already over the cap, so it won't be easy for us to re-sign him (not that I want to have him back).

I'd love to get Calderon for him. That would solve our need for a backup pg, and he'd come with a great contract, too. But I can't see Toronto trading him, much less for someone like Pietrus. They'll probably try to sign him, but not at that price.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:52 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:xbay has said that he has read that Colangelo has made Pietrus a top priority of his this offseason


Yeah, but only because he's a free agent and know we are already over the cap, so it won't be easy for us to re-sign him (not that I want to have him back).

I'd love to get Calderon for him. That would solve our need for a backup pg, and he'd come with a great contract, too. But I can't see Toronto trading him, much less for someone like Pietrus. They'll probably try to sign him, but not at that price.



well Mo Peterson is regressing and they are looking to get a SG that can start for them and it seems like Colangelo sees Pietrus as that. Calderon backs up the very good TJ Ford and so it is a viable trade, especially for Mullin who needs a proper back PG
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13536
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:23 am
xbaywarrior wrote:About Pietrus, Colangelo said he's first on his top priorities. Toronto does not have a first rounder, so they may be looking to get into the draft. The only thing is, if we ship Pietrus and our pick to Toronto, what would we get in return?

If we're lucky, I'd love to snag Kris Humphries from Toronto, if we can. He's a hustle player with a decent midrange game; ideally, the kind of guy we always hoped Murphy would turn into (minus the offensive post game).

He's 6'9"... but don't let him fool you; he's a monster on the offensive glass. He won't block any shots, but he'd certainly fill up our rebounding need. Humphries averaged a season-high 22:41 MPG in April and here's how he faired:

KRIS HUMPHRIES, TOR (APRIL 2007)
7.0 PPG, 7.2 RPG, 1.1 BPG, 0.9 APG, 0.4 SPG
Shooting 44.2% from the field and 66.7% from the line
In 22:41 MPG


For Pietrus? I'd take a bag of Skittles. But Humphries would be a nice catch, in return for him. We add a big guy, lose a wingman, and address the rebounding issues all in one move. I think it makes sense.

Send Pietrus & our 1st rounder to Toronto for Kris Humphries, a future 1st rounder, and cash
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:28 pm
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:Calderon would be a great backup for BD - I thought the raptors played better with him than with TJ. Nesterovic is flaky but he def can hit the 3 and may be redundant to TO what with Bargnani


The Raptors would be crazy to trade Calderon for MP and a low first pick... He even outplayed TJ Ford for most of the season, as Colt points.

Nesterovic would be a terrible fit. No, thanks. Maybe Mo Pete... although he ain't exactly what we're looking for.



you're right - I mixed up my euros, nesterovic and radmonovic - son of a bic :wink:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:01 am
Nice proposal #32. I'd rahter have Calderon but the numbers for Humphries in April look very promising
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13536
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:44 am
migya wrote:Nice proposal #32. I'd rahter have Calderon but the numbers for Humphries in April look very promising

I'd much rather have Calderon... but I doubt Pietrus would be enough to snag him. Quality PG's don't grow on trees.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:01 am
32 wrote:
migya wrote:Nice proposal #32. I'd rahter have Calderon but the numbers for Humphries in April look very promising

I'd much rather have Calderon... but I doubt Pietrus would be enough to snag him. Quality PG's don't grow on trees.

how about pietrus and cabbage and a pick? think raptors would move calderon for that? we really lose nothing more than we would with pietrus and a pick, since cabbage won't play, and raptors get an expiring contract and euro for euro...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13536
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:08 pm
coltraning wrote:
32 wrote:
migya wrote:Nice proposal #32. I'd rahter have Calderon but the numbers for Humphries in April look very promising

I'd much rather have Calderon... but I doubt Pietrus would be enough to snag him. Quality PG's don't grow on trees.

how about pietrus and cabbage and a pick? think raptors would move calderon for that? we really lose nothing more than we would with pietrus and a pick, since cabbage won't play, and raptors get an expiring contract and euro for euro...

Eh... I don't think so. Anthony Parker is more expendable than Calderon; I think they know how injury prone TJ Ford is and they want the same kind of 1st-string-quality skill out of both their PGs... kinda like us (Monta and Baron). We'd have a better shot at Humphries... or, with that package deal, Parker (whom we dont need).
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

Role Player
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:58 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:12 pm
O.G. Broe wrote: While the Warriors have quite a bit of youth in their rotation, they still have a couple of up and coming players that could become contributors in the future. Yugoslavian Zarko Cabarkapa hasn’t seen any action this season, and given the Warriors lack of depth in the post, that isn’t a good sign for a near seven-footer. It doesn’t seem probable that Cabarkapa will be retained when he becomes a restricted free agent this offseason, so Chris Mullin may look to parlay him into a late draft pick.


:cry:
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:11 am
coltraning wrote:
32 wrote:
migya wrote:Nice proposal #32. I'd rahter have Calderon but the numbers for Humphries in April look very promising

I'd much rather have Calderon... but I doubt Pietrus would be enough to snag him. Quality PG's don't grow on trees.

how about pietrus and cabbage and a pick? think raptors would move calderon for that? we really lose nothing more than we would with pietrus and a pick, since cabbage won't play, and raptors get an expiring contract and euro for euro...



Reckon that trade would work! The fact Jask is an expirer makes it very attractive to the Raptors
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:19 am
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:
32 wrote:
migya wrote:Nice proposal #32. I'd rahter have Calderon but the numbers for Humphries in April look very promising

I'd much rather have Calderon... but I doubt Pietrus would be enough to snag him. Quality PG's don't grow on trees.

how about pietrus and cabbage and a pick? think raptors would move calderon for that? we really lose nothing more than we would with pietrus and a pick, since cabbage won't play, and raptors get an expiring contract and euro for euro...



Reckon that trade would work! The fact Jask is an expirer makes it very attractive to the Raptors


That's supposing Cabbage doesn't opt out of his deal... which he's already said he will.

Even tho he decided to wait til his contract runs out, I doubt Toront would make that trade. Only if the pick is a first rounder...and that's still far from a certainty. Not with all the health issues TJ Ford has.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:05 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:
32 wrote:
migya wrote:Nice proposal #32. I'd rahter have Calderon but the numbers for Humphries in April look very promising

I'd much rather have Calderon... but I doubt Pietrus would be enough to snag him. Quality PG's don't grow on trees.

how about pietrus and cabbage and a pick? think raptors would move calderon for that? we really lose nothing more than we would with pietrus and a pick, since cabbage won't play, and raptors get an expiring contract and euro for euro...



Reckon that trade would work! The fact Jask is an expirer makes it very attractive to the Raptors


That's supposing Cabbage doesn't opt out of his deal... which he's already said he will.

Even tho he decided to wait til his contract runs out, I doubt Toront would make that trade. Only if the pick is a first rounder...and that's still far from a certainty. Not with all the health issues TJ Ford has.



This is all going by the supposed interest Colangelo has in Pietrus. If he really does, he would give up his backup PG for him as PGs are available everywhere
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:10 am
migya wrote:This is all going by the supposed interest Colangelo has in Pietrus. If he really does, he would give up his backup PG for him as PGs are available everywhere


I don't doubt he's interested, but only to sign him as a free agent. I don't think they'll trade for him. They don't need him that much. Heck, I'd rather keep Juan Dixon over him...
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:31 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:This is all going by the supposed interest Colangelo has in Pietrus. If he really does, he would give up his backup PG for him as PGs are available everywhere


I don't doubt he's interested, but only to sign him as a free agent. I don't think they'll trade for him. They don't need him that much. Heck, I'd rather keep Juan Dixon over him...


That's obviously not Colangelo's opinion. He must think highly of Pietrus and SG is weak in the Raptors
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
PreviousNext

Return to News Articles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron