Warrior's Overview Report from DraftExpress.com

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:22 am
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:Calderon would be a great backup for BD - I thought the raptors played better with him than with TJ. Nesterovic is flaky but he def can hit the 3 and may be redundant to TO what with Bargnani

The Raptors would be crazy to trade Calderon for MP and a low first pick... He even outplayed TJ Ford for most of the season, as Colt points.

Nesterovic would be a terrible fit. No, thanks. Maybe Mo Pete... although he ain't exactly what we're looking for.

migya wrote:For Pietrus and this draft's 1st rounder, add a future 1st rounder if needed, that would be a good trade. If Portland was interested in Pietrus, as they are likely to get rid of Miles, getting Sergio Rodriguez would be good

Portland won't give you Sergio for MP. Pietrus is still tradable, but not for that much. He's already lost his "upside potential". They'd probably trade us Fred Jones for him, but that's all.

Also, they don't need him that much.

xbay has said that he has read that Colangelo has made Pietrus a top priority of his this offseason so obviously Pietrus is wanted by some experts out there. I reckon Mullin should seriously consider enquiring about getting Calderon for Pietrus, he might just have a good trade on his hands. Pietrus has ability and has always had the potential label on him so something good could be obtained in exchange for him, Mullin just has to use that to his advantage and that starts with getting him a contract, sign and trade if need be

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:48 am
migya wrote:xbay has said that he has read that Colangelo has made Pietrus a top priority of his this offseason

Yeah, but only because he's a free agent and know we are already over the cap, so it won't be easy for us to re-sign him (not that I want to have him back).

I'd love to get Calderon for him. That would solve our need for a backup pg, and he'd come with a great contract, too. But I can't see Toronto trading him, much less for someone like Pietrus. They'll probably try to sign him, but not at that price.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:52 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:xbay has said that he has read that Colangelo has made Pietrus a top priority of his this offseason

Yeah, but only because he's a free agent and know we are already over the cap, so it won't be easy for us to re-sign him (not that I want to have him back).

I'd love to get Calderon for him. That would solve our need for a backup pg, and he'd come with a great contract, too. But I can't see Toronto trading him, much less for someone like Pietrus. They'll probably try to sign him, but not at that price.

well Mo Peterson is regressing and they are looking to get a SG that can start for them and it seems like Colangelo sees Pietrus as that. Calderon backs up the very good TJ Ford and so it is a viable trade, especially for Mullin who needs a proper back PG

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:23 am
xbaywarrior wrote:About Pietrus, Colangelo said he's first on his top priorities. Toronto does not have a first rounder, so they may be looking to get into the draft. The only thing is, if we ship Pietrus and our pick to Toronto, what would we get in return?

If we're lucky, I'd love to snag Kris Humphries from Toronto, if we can. He's a hustle player with a decent midrange game; ideally, the kind of guy we always hoped Murphy would turn into (minus the offensive post game).

He's 6'9"... but don't let him fool you; he's a monster on the offensive glass. He won't block any shots, but he'd certainly fill up our rebounding need. Humphries averaged a season-high 22:41 MPG in April and here's how he faired:

KRIS HUMPHRIES, TOR (APRIL 2007)
7.0 PPG, 7.2 RPG, 1.1 BPG, 0.9 APG, 0.4 SPG
Shooting 44.2% from the field and 66.7% from the line
In 22:41 MPG

For Pietrus? I'd take a bag of Skittles. But Humphries would be a nice catch, in return for him. We add a big guy, lose a wingman, and address the rebounding issues all in one move. I think it makes sense.

Send Pietrus & our 1st rounder to Toronto for Kris Humphries, a future 1st rounder, and cash
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:28 pm
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:Calderon would be a great backup for BD - I thought the raptors played better with him than with TJ. Nesterovic is flaky but he def can hit the 3 and may be redundant to TO what with Bargnani

The Raptors would be crazy to trade Calderon for MP and a low first pick... He even outplayed TJ Ford for most of the season, as Colt points.

Nesterovic would be a terrible fit. No, thanks. Maybe Mo Pete... although he ain't exactly what we're looking for.

you're right - I mixed up my euros, nesterovic and radmonovic - son of a bic :wink:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:01 am
Nice proposal #32. I'd rahter have Calderon but the numbers for Humphries in April look very promising

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:44 am
migya wrote:Nice proposal #32. I'd rahter have Calderon but the numbers for Humphries in April look very promising

I'd much rather have Calderon... but I doubt Pietrus would be enough to snag him. Quality PG's don't grow on trees.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:01 am
32 wrote:
migya wrote:Nice proposal #32. I'd rahter have Calderon but the numbers for Humphries in April look very promising

I'd much rather have Calderon... but I doubt Pietrus would be enough to snag him. Quality PG's don't grow on trees.

how about pietrus and cabbage and a pick? think raptors would move calderon for that? we really lose nothing more than we would with pietrus and a pick, since cabbage won't play, and raptors get an expiring contract and euro for euro...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:08 pm
coltraning wrote:
32 wrote:

how about pietrus and cabbage and a pick? think raptors would move calderon for that? we really lose nothing more than we would with pietrus and a pick, since cabbage won't play, and raptors get an expiring contract and euro for euro...

Eh... I don't think so. Anthony Parker is more expendable than Calderon; I think they know how injury prone TJ Ford is and they want the same kind of 1st-string-quality skill out of both their PGs... kinda like us (Monta and Baron). We'd have a better shot at Humphries... or, with that package deal, Parker (whom we dont need).

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:12 pm
O.G. Broe wrote: While the Warriors have quite a bit of youth in their rotation, they still have a couple of up and coming players that could become contributors in the future. Yugoslavian Zarko Cabarkapa hasn’t seen any action this season, and given the Warriors lack of depth in the post, that isn’t a good sign for a near seven-footer. It doesn’t seem probable that Cabarkapa will be retained when he becomes a restricted free agent this offseason, so Chris Mullin may look to parlay him into a late draft pick.

:cry:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:11 am
coltraning wrote:
32 wrote:

Reckon that trade would work! The fact Jask is an expirer makes it very attractive to the Raptors

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:19 am
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:
32 wrote:

Reckon that trade would work! The fact Jask is an expirer makes it very attractive to the Raptors

That's supposing Cabbage doesn't opt out of his deal... which he's already said he will.

Even tho he decided to wait til his contract runs out, I doubt Toront would make that trade. Only if the pick is a first rounder...and that's still far from a certainty. Not with all the health issues TJ Ford has.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:05 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:
32 wrote:

That's supposing Cabbage doesn't opt out of his deal... which he's already said he will.

Even tho he decided to wait til his contract runs out, I doubt Toront would make that trade. Only if the pick is a first rounder...and that's still far from a certainty. Not with all the health issues TJ Ford has.

This is all going by the supposed interest Colangelo has in Pietrus. If he really does, he would give up his backup PG for him as PGs are available everywhere

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:10 am
migya wrote:This is all going by the supposed interest Colangelo has in Pietrus. If he really does, he would give up his backup PG for him as PGs are available everywhere

I don't doubt he's interested, but only to sign him as a free agent. I don't think they'll trade for him. They don't need him that much. Heck, I'd rather keep Juan Dixon over him...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:31 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:This is all going by the supposed interest Colangelo has in Pietrus. If he really does, he would give up his backup PG for him as PGs are available everywhere

I don't doubt he's interested, but only to sign him as a free agent. I don't think they'll trade for him. They don't need him that much. Heck, I'd rather keep Juan Dixon over him...

That's obviously not Colangelo's opinion. He must think highly of Pietrus and SG is weak in the Raptors

PreviousNext

Return to News Articles