international article on Zarko Cabarkapa

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:04 am
nice story on zarko cabarkapa, interview was done in his native language, but the story is in english.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/global/article_21878.shtml

hello from slovenija!

no.1 nba fan,

bostjan
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:45 am
Cabarkapa :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:02 am
Carbarkapa would be a good fit for the team as a shooter of the bench. That guy can fill it up at times and it isn't like he would be blocked very often on three point attempts

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:55 pm
migya wrote:Carbarkapa would be a good fit for the team as a shooter of the bench. That guy can fill it up at times and it isn't like he would be blocked very often on three point attempts

Every team; or at least the majority, have a good shooter off the bench. Alas, Peterson for the Raptors, Kapono for the Heat, Finley for the Spurs. If Cabarkapa could be that guy, that'd be great. But I think we have Azubuike as that guy, he's just not in the rotation that's all.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:50 am
xbaywarrior wrote:
migya wrote:Carbarkapa would be a good fit for the team as a shooter of the bench. That guy can fill it up at times and it isn't like he would be blocked very often on three point attempts

Every team; or at least the majority, have a good shooter off the bench. Alas, Peterson for the Raptors, Kapono for the Heat, Finley for the Spurs.

Barnes for the Warriors... I know he's starting, but he fills that role.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Yeah, make no mistake: Barnes is no starter. He's our bench flare.

Unfortunately, Reggie Miller is spot on in his prognosis last night: Barnes will hit the jackpot in a bidding war for his services this summer... and the Warriors, who are currently investing their future fortunes in Andris Biedrins and Monta Ellis, probably won't have a big chance at resigning him.

If he's willing to resign for what he's worth, I'm sure they could keep him. But somebody always overpays.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:27 pm
32 wrote:If he's willing to resign for what he's worth, I'm sure they could keep him. But somebody always overpays.

Yeah, but what he's worth is what he'll get on the market. He has to take care of himself first, loyalties aside. He's been playing for cheap his whole career, so now that he may have a chance to earn a fat contract, he's going to take it without looking back.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:29 pm
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:If he's willing to resign for what he's worth, I'm sure they could keep him. But somebody always overpays.

Yeah, but what he's worth is what he'll get on the market.

That's debateable. Sure, Barnes has been a helluva post season guy... but his regular season performance was spotty, inconsistent, and usually one-stat contributions (ie, scoring).

I'll guarentee you what he ends up getting will seem ludacrous compared to how much production his future team will get out of him.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:32 pm
32 wrote:I'll guarentee you what he ends up getting will seem ludacrous compared to how much production his future team will get out of him.

Sure, I'm not doubting that. He'll probably cash the same way Bobby Simmons did from the Bucks after having a nice year for the Clips.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:43 am
xbaywarrior wrote:

Every team; or at least the majority, have a good shooter off the bench. Alas, Peterson for the Raptors, Kapono for the Heat, Finley for the Spurs. If Cabarkapa could be that guy, that'd be great. But I think we have Azubuike as that guy, he's just not in the rotation that's all.

To be honest I think Zarko is done in the nba

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:55 am
migya wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:

To be honest I think Zarko is done in the nba

As a player, sure... :wink: But the league would fear ZARKO THE REF!!! :mrgreen:

Return to News Articles