international article on Zarko Cabarkapa

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32


Rookie
Posts: 3
» Mon May 07, 2007 2:04 am
nice story on zarko cabarkapa, interview was done in his native language, but the story is in english.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/global/article_21878.shtml

hello from slovenija!

no.1 nba fan,

bostjan
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Mon May 07, 2007 4:45 am
Cabarkapa :mrgreen:
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21898
» Mon May 07, 2007 6:02 am
Carbarkapa would be a good fit for the team as a shooter of the bench. That guy can fill it up at times and it isn't like he would be blocked very often on three point attempts
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Mon May 07, 2007 3:55 pm
migya wrote:Carbarkapa would be a good fit for the team as a shooter of the bench. That guy can fill it up at times and it isn't like he would be blocked very often on three point attempts


Every team; or at least the majority, have a good shooter off the bench. Alas, Peterson for the Raptors, Kapono for the Heat, Finley for the Spurs. If Cabarkapa could be that guy, that'd be great. But I think we have Azubuike as that guy, he's just not in the rotation that's all.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Tue May 08, 2007 1:50 am
xbaywarrior wrote:
migya wrote:Carbarkapa would be a good fit for the team as a shooter of the bench. That guy can fill it up at times and it isn't like he would be blocked very often on three point attempts


Every team; or at least the majority, have a good shooter off the bench. Alas, Peterson for the Raptors, Kapono for the Heat, Finley for the Spurs.


Barnes for the Warriors... I know he's starting, but he fills that role.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Tue May 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Yeah, make no mistake: Barnes is no starter. He's our bench flare.

Unfortunately, Reggie Miller is spot on in his prognosis last night: Barnes will hit the jackpot in a bidding war for his services this summer... and the Warriors, who are currently investing their future fortunes in Andris Biedrins and Monta Ellis, probably won't have a big chance at resigning him.

If he's willing to resign for what he's worth, I'm sure they could keep him. But somebody always overpays.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Tue May 08, 2007 12:27 pm
32 wrote:If he's willing to resign for what he's worth, I'm sure they could keep him. But somebody always overpays.


Yeah, but what he's worth is what he'll get on the market. He has to take care of himself first, loyalties aside. He's been playing for cheap his whole career, so now that he may have a chance to earn a fat contract, he's going to take it without looking back.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Tue May 08, 2007 12:29 pm
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:If he's willing to resign for what he's worth, I'm sure they could keep him. But somebody always overpays.


Yeah, but what he's worth is what he'll get on the market.

That's debateable. Sure, Barnes has been a helluva post season guy... but his regular season performance was spotty, inconsistent, and usually one-stat contributions (ie, scoring).

I'll guarentee you what he ends up getting will seem ludacrous compared to how much production his future team will get out of him.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Tue May 08, 2007 12:32 pm
32 wrote:I'll guarentee you what he ends up getting will seem ludacrous compared to how much production his future team will get out of him.


Sure, I'm not doubting that. He'll probably cash the same way Bobby Simmons did from the Bucks after having a nice year for the Clips.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21898
» Wed May 09, 2007 4:43 am
xbaywarrior wrote:
migya wrote:Carbarkapa would be a good fit for the team as a shooter of the bench. That guy can fill it up at times and it isn't like he would be blocked very often on three point attempts


Every team; or at least the majority, have a good shooter off the bench. Alas, Peterson for the Raptors, Kapono for the Heat, Finley for the Spurs. If Cabarkapa could be that guy, that'd be great. But I think we have Azubuike as that guy, he's just not in the rotation that's all.



To be honest I think Zarko is done in the nba
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Wed May 09, 2007 4:55 am
migya wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
migya wrote:Carbarkapa would be a good fit for the team as a shooter of the bench. That guy can fill it up at times and it isn't like he would be blocked very often on three point attempts


Every team; or at least the majority, have a good shooter off the bench. Alas, Peterson for the Raptors, Kapono for the Heat, Finley for the Spurs. If Cabarkapa could be that guy, that'd be great. But I think we have Azubuike as that guy, he's just not in the rotation that's all.



To be honest I think Zarko is done in the nba


As a player, sure... :wink: But the league would fear ZARKO THE REF!!! :mrgreen:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests