Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:16 pm
Zero tolerance
By Adrian Wojnarowski

Sunday, Apr 29, 2007 1:44 am EDT

Out of the all times for Gilbert Arenas to come out of his self-induced silence, for all the reasons to do so, his choices on Saturday did little to dispel a growing suspicion that Agent Zero is all about Agent Zero.

So, the Wizards are getting destroyed in their Eastern Conference first-round series, on the way to a humiliating sweep by Cleveland, and Arenas calls a press conference before Game 3 in Washington to congratulate himself on getting his picture on the cover of a video game?

That's a franchise player?

"Everyone knows that this is the takeover year and I took over a lot of stuff," Arenas said. "I surprised myself. I want to finish the season by saying Agent Zero is on the cover of NBA Live 2008."

Wonderful, Gilbert. This had to be thrilling news to his coaches and teammates getting embarrassed by LeBron James and the Cavaliers with Arenas and Caron Butler out for the season. I can only imagine how hard it was for coach Eddie Jordan to bite his lip and keep his thoughts to himself upon hearing that Arenas ended his silence for this purpose.

This was the wrong time, the wrong place, for Arenas to be celebrating his favorite topic -- himself. All that Saturday should've been about was encouraging his teammates to make an improbable bid to get back into the series with Cleveland. After all, that's what franchise players say in the playoffs.

Here's what they don't say: "I have to pat myself on the back for that one. I have the copies of the game and I have been giving them to all my teammates. I let them know that next year, October 2, they have no choice but to look at me. Your kids, brothers, sisters, they have no choice but to look at me. I'm not only in the game, I'm on the cover of it."

Arenas has been nowhere to be found since tearing a meniscus in his left knee on April 4. He hasn't traveled with the Wizards. He hasn't talked to the press. When his teammates could've used him telling the fans -- telling them, for that matter -- that he still believed in this team, to not give up on it, here was the first line of his blog after his injury: "Unfortunately, I've been catching glimpses of my team."

Just maybe, maybe, he could've understood that the Wizards could've used him around the gym here and there, just giving his guys a little nudge. He had been feeling sorry for himself, he said, and that's why he stayed away.

Arenas is a magnetic, charismatic personality. He has all the ability to make this Wizards franchise his own. Of course, the coaches and players know who the real leaders are on a team, and they'll tell you that it isn't Arenas in Washington.

Anyway, with his Wizards fighting for survival in the Eastern Conference playoffs, Arenas left everyone with this on his NBA.com blog about the video game cover.

"Do you realize how big this is?

"They can't tell me nothin'. Mannn. Ohhh. Lorddd.

"It makes my whole rehabbing that much better now. Because while rehabbing, all I'm thinking about is 'I'm on the cover of LIVE.' "

I'm sure Eddie Jordan is thrilled to hear that is Arenas' motivation for returning to Washington next season.

Listen, Arenas is a good guy with a good heart, but he's done enough to sell himself, to remind everyone that he's the second-round pick who transformed into a major star. For now, it should be about the Wizards trying to get one game on the Cavaliers, about a franchise fighting to hold onto a little pride. Agent Zero should've known better.

:mrgreen: Fukin funny!

I'M GLAD THAT IDIOT IS NOT ON THE TEAM ANYMORE!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:19 am
So, your team is down 3-0. And even though you're out for the playoffs, you still want to make lovey-dovey to your ego by congratulating yourself for making the cover Live 08? Highly unprofessional. That's TO-like.

By the way.... NBA Live sucks. :mrgreen: All about NBA 2K!!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:29 am
xbaywarrior wrote:So, your team is down 3-0. And even though you're out for the playoffs, you still want to make lovey-dovey to your ego by congratulating yourself for making the cover Live 08? Highly unprofessional. That's TO-like.

I don't see any problem with that. What is he supposed to do?. Cry on national TV because he can't help his team?. Nobody would say anything about those comments if he were playing right now...

The only stupid thing he said was that "Unfortunately, I've been catching glimpses of my team" line... Now that's retarded (even if it's true).

btw, it's true that NBA Live sucks. I wouldn't be to happy to be on the cover. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:44 am
There's plenty wrong with that! Arenas is not acting like a leader by not supporting his team, travelling with them and motivating them! The child comes out to say he's on the cover of a game! :roll:

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:49 am
TMC wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:So, your team is down 3-0. And even though you're out for the playoffs, you still want to make lovey-dovey to your ego by congratulating yourself for making the cover Live 08? Highly unprofessional. That's TO-like.

I don't see any problem with that. What is he supposed to do?. Cry on national TV because he can't help his team?. Nobody would say anything about those comments if he were playing right now...

I disagree. I think that a franchise player is the media's embodiment of his team.

When Gilbert Arenas is jerking off his ego, paying little to no attention to the fact that his team is getting booted convincingly from the playoffs, and even more concerned with the fact that he's on the cover of a video game (as opposed to caring about how well the Wizards do when he's not in uniform), it raises questions about the organization.

If Gilbert is who the team is built around (undeniable), than what kind of foundation is that? We already knew the guy was crazy; now we find out that he doesn't give a damn about the Wizards when he's not playing? To me, that's almost a career-killer move. Obviously, it won't be for Arenas. But if somebody like Dirk pulled a stunt like this when his team was down 2-1?

If he wasn't so damn talented (and crazy), he'd probably catch more heat for this. As it stands, Washington is stuck with a non-passing, all-star PG who has verbally confirmed that he cares more about video games than whether or not his team goes deep in the playoffs. If I'm any sort of higher up in Washington, I'm panicing.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:18 pm
:cry:
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:22 pm
Adrian Wojo is not a journalist. There is so much that is wrong with this piece.

For one, Gilbert has been at every Wizards game even though he can barely walk and has trouble sitting for an extended period of time. So I have no idea where he got that information from. If you don't believe me you can ask any Wizards fan if they've seen him around and they'll tell you.

Going on to the actual complaint I see no problem being excited about getting the Live cover. It must be pointed out, however, that 2K is lightyears ahead of that piece of crap, but that's another thread. My issue is Wojo going out of his way to go after Gilbert by manufacturing a complaint about him being happy. He focused on the statements Gilbert made that could support his casue and left out the following parts of Gil's conference:

- Gil saying he was sad he couldn't get out there.
- Gil saying that next year the Wizards are going to make a deep run
- Gil sticking up for how his team has performed

Admittedly he could've picked a better day to make the announcement, but is that even his call? It could've been EA's decision.

The point is that this "article" is rife with selected quotes, inaccurate reporting, and blatant lies. If this was such a poor move how come nothing has come out of the Wizards' camp? How come people in, you know, the DC area aren't up in arms? Because it is a poor writer looking for an excuse to do anything BUT be a journalist. If Wojo was an actual valued writer he could stop looking for someone to hate on and write about the actual games.

Gil talking isn't news. Wojo is nust trying to make a name for himself.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:43 am
Thunder wrote:Adrian Wojo is not a journalist. There is so much that is wrong with this piece.

For one, Gilbert has been at every Wizards game even though he can barely walk and has trouble sitting for an extended period of time. So I have no idea where he got that information from. If you don't believe me you can ask any Wizards fan if they've seen him around and they'll tell you.

Going on to the actual complaint I see no problem being excited about getting the Live cover. It must be pointed out, however, that 2K is lightyears ahead of that piece of crap, but that's another thread. My issue is Wojo going out of his way to go after Gilbert by manufacturing a complaint about him being happy. He focused on the statements Gilbert made that could support his casue and left out the following parts of Gil's conference:

- Gil saying he was sad he couldn't get out there.
- Gil saying that next year the Wizards are going to make a deep run
- Gil sticking up for how his team has performed

Admittedly he could've picked a better day to make the announcement, but is that even his call? It could've been EA's decision.

The point is that this "article" is rife with selected quotes, inaccurate reporting, and blatant lies. If this was such a poor move how come nothing has come out of the Wizards' camp? How come people in, you know, the DC area aren't up in arms? Because it is a poor writer looking for an excuse to do anything BUT be a journalist. If Wojo was an actual valued writer he could stop looking for someone to hate on and write about the actual games.

Gil talking isn't news. Wojo is nust trying to make a name for himself.

Looked exactly like that. Nobody can't be THAT retarded...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:43 am
I don't know the credibility of this writer but the subject itself it quite ludicrous for Arenas

Return to News Articles