Davis' health, playing time and results all on upswing

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:56 pm
Janny Hu
Saturday, April 14, 2007

It's been three weeks since birthday boy Baron Davis gave coach Don Nelson the go-ahead to increase his playing time, and surprisingly enough, the point guard says he's "feeling good and getting better."

"I'm going to give it all I got so we get (to the playoffs)," said Davis, who turned 28 on Friday. "Once we get there, we'll all find something."

Davis has averaged 37 minutes per game over his last seven outings, not including shortened stints due to his ejection against Memphis on April 1 and the Warriors' rout by the Spurs on March 26. He's logged more than 40 minutes twice and even played a full game in San Antonio the night after a hard fall in Memphis.

"He's left the court a few times and I didn't know if I'd have him for the next game, but he's somehow responded and played," Nelson said. "And I'd say he's pretty healthy right now."

He's also been a more efficient player. Davis is shooting 48.9 percent since returning from knee surgery and is now third in the league in steals with 2.05 per game.

"I've been able to accept the things I can't do anymore, like jump and dunk over people, but I realized how much of an affect I can have on the game by just changing my style and being quicker," said Davis, who hopes to someday join point guards Jason Kidd and Steve Nash in the over-30 and going strong club.

As for birthday plans, Davis is throwing an A-list bash at Mezzanine on Sunday night after the Warriors' matinee against the Timberwolves. Rappers Mos Def and The Game are among the celebrities expected to attend, and actress Jessica Alba might even make an appearance.

And yes, tickets can be purchased in advance for $20 at groovetickets.com. Davis just says to remember that it's strictly a "dress to impress" event.

Added Al Harrington: "We're hoping it's after a victory and a celebration."

Hopefully The Game doesn't get the club shot up :mrgreen:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

Return to News Articles