Davis' pain is Warriors' loss

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:50 pm
coltraning wrote:it is clear that Davis cannot play up to par on back to backs...if I were Nelly, I would pick one of the Memphis/SA back to back and rest him. It is highly doubtful they can beat SA on the back end of a road back to back, so I would rest him there, basically concede that one. I also thought it made no sense to be playing Baron in the 4th of the Phoenix game, when the ws were up 23 and the Suns starters were on the bench. He is playing on 1/2 a knee...as for the playoffs, if somehow we make it, there are no back to backs, and it would be a wonderful dilemma to confront how much to play him then...

I was wondering the same thing during the Suns game. I guess Nelly just really doesn't trust anyone else to carry the team... which is probably wise.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:22 pm
32 wrote:
coltraning wrote:it is clear that Davis cannot play up to par on back to backs...if I were Nelly, I would pick one of the Memphis/SA back to back and rest him. It is highly doubtful they can beat SA on the back end of a road back to back, so I would rest him there, basically concede that one. I also thought it made no sense to be playing Baron in the 4th of the Phoenix game, when the ws were up 23 and the Suns starters were on the bench. He is playing on 1/2 a knee...as for the playoffs, if somehow we make it, there are no back to backs, and it would be a wonderful dilemma to confront how much to play him then...

I was wondering the same thing during the Suns game. I guess Nelly just really doesn't trust anyone else to carry the team... which is probably wise.

I hear you, though in retro, I don't imagine the ws would have done any worse than the 15 point near abortion BD oversaw in the 4th.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:37 pm
Totally... I even think a speedster like Monta Ellis would have fared better against Banks' pestering defense.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to News Articles