Richardson denies he wants to be traded.

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:28 pm
Janny Hu

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Jason Richardson is none too happy with a report that appeared in Monday's Chicago Tribune, which stated that Richardson expects to be traded in the offseason because of the Warriors' "infatuation with Monta Ellis." According to the report, Richardson hopes to be traded to the Pistons or Bulls.

"I don't even have family in Chicago, so I don't know how they got that. That's not true at all," said Richardson, a Michigan native. "I mean, everybody's playing good and we're trying to make the playoffs and you throw something like that out there? People are calling me, my teammates, like, 'Where did that come from?'

"It's kind of messed up, whoever ran that story. I've never said anything close to that."

Richardson, who just bought a new house in Oakland, says he not only wants to be there next season, but for the rest of his playing days. He is the second-longest tenured Warrior behind 10-year veteran Adonal Foyle.

"I've been here for six years, I love it here," Richardson said. "I mean, it's very seldom a player starts his career here and ends his career here, but I'd like to do that here, change things around."

The issue for the Warriors will be managing their payroll, with Richardson making $10 million this season and due $50 million over the next four years.

Getting technical: With Sunday's technical foul against the Lakers, swingman Stephen Jackson is now up to 13 for the year. That leaves him three away from being hit with an automatic one-game suspension by the league.

Jackson, whose last five technicals have come in the last two weeks -- during which he has also been ejected twice -- said he's well aware of the looming sanctions.

"I can't get 16," he said. "That not going to happen."

So far, Detroit's Rasheed Wallace is the only player to run afoul of the NBA's technical policy, which includes one-game penalties for every other T, beginning with No. 16. Wallace, with 18 technicals, served his second suspension Sunday.

Briefly: Jackson made good on his words Monday, but three others were hit with technical or flagrant fouls in the third quarter alone. Baron Davis was whistled for a flagrant foul on Tony Parker. About three minutes later, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich and Al Harrington received T's on back-to-back plays.
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:04 am
Come on, we already have 3 threads about this...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:13 am
It does belong in the News section though

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:26 am
migya wrote:It does belong in the News section though

Whatever. It's enough with one.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:57 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:It does belong in the News section though

Whatever. It's enough with one.

Where's this attitude when people are popping up panic threads every 15 seconds? :wink:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:23 pm
Panic threads will be kept to a minimum but sometimes there is two or three threads focussing on a different aspect of a performance while this iarticle of JRich supposedly talking about getting traded is exactly the same in some three threads

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:24 pm
Hence the smiley face. Observe: :wink:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:00 am
That's a wink and sometimes it is hard to know whether it is meant nicely or not

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:08 am
My bag, I didnt see the other post.
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:22 am
O.G. Broe wrote:My bag, I didnt see the other post.

Don't worry, broe. You're the one that did it right. This one belongs to the news forum. It's an article, after all.

32 wrote:Where's this attitude when people are popping up panic threads every 15 seconds?

The attitude is the same. I've said several times that I'd like to have it all in one thread instead of having 15 threads for the same topic, be it news, panic threads or whatever.

But that doesn't mean I'm going to start erasing every thread minus one.

Return to News Articles