“It’s six degrees of Ron Artest”

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21447
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:32 pm
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:Those are the reasons I never would want to be famous in an ongoing spotlight position. It all just disintegrates you

amen - have seen it in music, even jazz. Players given the star treatment at 17-18 tend to walk around in a state of arrested development, whereas those who truly develop as human beings prior to the kliegs have balance and perspective.



Probably the only good thing about fame would be the money. That's just no comparison to the value of life
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:49 am
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:Those are the reasons I never would want to be famous in an ongoing spotlight position. It all just disintegrates you

amen - have seen it in music, even jazz. Players given the star treatment at 17-18 tend to walk around in a state of arrested development, whereas those who truly develop as human beings prior to the kliegs have balance and perspective.



Probably the only good thing about fame would be the money. That's just no comparison to the value of life


I don't agree. There's nothing wrong with fame, as long as it doesn't happen too soon. The problem, as Colt says, is when people gets too much (money, attention, whatever...) before they're ready. That's when it usually spoils them. But it's not like fame, by itself, ruins life. Quite the opposite, instead.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21447
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:53 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:Those are the reasons I never would want to be famous in an ongoing spotlight position. It all just disintegrates you

amen - have seen it in music, even jazz. Players given the star treatment at 17-18 tend to walk around in a state of arrested development, whereas those who truly develop as human beings prior to the kliegs have balance and perspective.



Probably the only good thing about fame would be the money. That's just no comparison to the value of life


I don't agree. There's nothing wrong with fame, as long as it doesn't happen too soon. The problem, as Colt says, is when people gets too much (money, attention, whatever...) before they're ready. That's when it usually spoils them. But it's not like fame, by itself, ruins life. Quite the opposite, instead.



There are many movie stars who illustrate what I mean. They lose their minds somewhat, divorce a number of times, some get into some bad habits and alot get driven to rage by the constant attention. Fame can bring more power to a famous person's opinion and can bring alot of money but almost always brings more negatives than positives
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:08 am
migya wrote:There are many movie stars who illustrate what I mean. They lose their minds somewhat, divorce a number of times, some get into some bad habits and alot get driven to rage by the constant attention.


Hey, I've met people like that and they weren't exactly famous... It has nothing to do with fame. Some famous men (and women) know how to deal with it, others don't. It happens in every order of life.
Previous

Return to News Articles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest