Mitch Richmond's assist to Harrington..Camby vs Bedrins.

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:15 am
I've seen Biedrins drop some nasty post moves. He'll use the shoulder drop and spin off a guy. He uses the up and under a good amount. He doesn't use them as consistently and as frrequently as a seasoned vet would, but then again he isn't a seasoned vet.

Of late though, I'll admit, he is relying on his drop step middle baby hook too much. It is hard though, for him to utilize much else when he gets the ball on the move or facing the basket 95% of the time. I can, however, attest that he does already have a bette array of post moves than Camby (although he has a long way to go before he can match Camby's dopey looking J).
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:32 am
Biedrins is all about the low post. My personal favorite is the reverse layup from under the hoop. No possibility to defend.

But, yes, he could use a shot with more than 3 feet of range. A baby hook, if he has any hops. The rainbow floater that Barnes has shown could be of real use. A turn-around jumper from even 5-10 feet would be awesome.

Biedrins best weapon, though, is that he is forgetable. How often he is just there, a foot from the basket, with his defender facing the wrong way? He doesn't need to use his body to get possition, so his defender loses him because there is no contact. Keep it up, Andris.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:41 am
migya wrote:
32 wrote:Dear God; I'm not saying I want Biedrins to turn into Nenad Kristic or anything. But to become more Camby-like, he needs offensive savy.

Camby is consistently among the league's best in shot-blocking and rebounding, but a real weapon of his is the fact that he's an offensive threat as well (both athletically and skillfully).

So far, Biedrins is an athletic offensive threat... but not a skillful one.

I agree with this. Camby doesn't average more points but he could because he has the skils to do so, not much more but maybe 15pts a game. Biedrins becoming like Camby would be so great! Camby was definately allstar caliber this season but it is the fact that he does the things that mean alot, as Biedrins does, that make him so valuable - Defense and rebounding

I think Marcus Camby is the Baron Davis of centers.

Camby is considered a 2nd tier center because of his health issues... but when Marcus Camby actually plays, there aren't more than 1 or 2 guys capable of playing his position better. Marcus Camby, in my opinion, would be the NBA's best (or close to it) center if he wasn't so injury prone.

The same can be said of Baron Davis, in a PG fashion.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:57 am
32 wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:Dear God; I'm not saying I want Biedrins to turn into Nenad Kristic or anything. But to become more Camby-like, he needs offensive savy.

Camby is consistently among the league's best in shot-blocking and rebounding, but a real weapon of his is the fact that he's an offensive threat as well (both athletically and skillfully).

So far, Biedrins is an athletic offensive threat... but not a skillful one.

I agree with this. Camby doesn't average more points but he could because he has the skils to do so, not much more but maybe 15pts a game. Biedrins becoming like Camby would be so great! Camby was definately allstar caliber this season but it is the fact that he does the things that mean alot, as Biedrins does, that make him so valuable - Defense and rebounding

I think Marcus Camby is the Baron Davis of centers.

Camby is considered a 2nd tier center because of his health issues... but when Marcus Camby actually plays, there aren't more than 1 or 2 guys capable of playing his position better. Marcus Camby, in my opinion, would be the NBA's best (or close to it) center if he wasn't so injury prone.

The same can be said of Baron Davis, in a PG fashion.

Great comparison and pretty right, Camby and Baron are just not worth as much as they could be because they are not around all the time. Camby has had a consistent season and his injuryproneness hasn't been evident so far

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to News Articles