Jason Rosenthal is my new hero

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:15 pm
I also think the Suns could beat the Mavs but the Mavs deserve to win and Dirk deserves MVP. He really has been great for some time now and this season could be the one that he gets the awards

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:49 am
I said a while ago that the Mavs would't make it to the finals. I stick by it, but only due to stubborness... I can't think of a single reason they wouldn't win the ring this year. Even Suns seem to be a step below the Mavs.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 pm
The Mavericks have been great this year...

But they were pretty good last year, too... and Dirk totally choked in the Finals. :-o
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:58 pm
The Mavs choked a bit but they necer got thrashed in any game. Their hunger to win it this time is obviously the major reason why they have done so incredibly and I would like to see them win it and Dirk get MVP

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:40 am
migya wrote:The Mavs choked a bit but they necer got thrashed in any game. Their hunger to win it this time is obviously the major reason why they have done so incredibly and I would like to see them win it and Dirk get MVP

What would be fun is watching Miami get into the playoffs with the 8th seed in the East and how a healthy Wade and a motivated O'Neal destroy what's left of that conference on their way to the finals... to repeat against the Mavs.

I'd love to see Cuban's face if that happens...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:52 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:The Mavs choked a bit but they necer got thrashed in any game. Their hunger to win it this time is obviously the major reason why they have done so incredibly and I would like to see them win it and Dirk get MVP

What would be fun is watching Miami get into the playoffs with the 8th seed in the East and how a healthy Wade and a motivated O'Neal destroy what's left of that conference on their way to the finals... to repeat against the Mavs.

I'd love to see Cuban's face if that happens...

Um....... I'd rather them tearing up the East and then losing to the Mavs this time

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:22 am

The Mav's didn't choke; Dirk choked.

Regardless of what you think of Dwayne Wade or Mark Cuban, they're both right about what they said pertaining to the other. Cuban was on-point with his underhanded jab, "I love watching you shoot free throws", letting Wade know he gets more calls than any other player in the league should. But DWade's totally correct: Dirk's the reason the Maverick's lost the Finals. He just plainly didn't show up after Game 2.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:44 pm
Dirk was decent by his standards but he definately didn't step up and that can be seen as the difference as he should have stepped up as the superstar he is. This season he has been even better and he will get the MVP and good on him. Nash will get 2nd or at least he should and that must put him in the elite as only the true greats, like Jordan, Bird and Chamberlain had 3 dominating seasons like what Nash has

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:00 am
migya wrote:Dirk was decent by his standards but he definately didn't step up and that can be seen as the difference as he should have stepped up as the superstar he is. This season he has been even better and he will get the MVP and good on him. Nash will get 2nd or at least he should and that must put him in the elite as only the true greats, like Jordan, Bird and Chamberlain had 3 dominating seasons like what Nash has

Dirk choked. Jason Terry carried the Mavs those series. And what happens when Jason Terry has to be the focus of a team?====> Defeat.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:45 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Dirk was decent by his standards but he definately didn't step up and that can be seen as the difference as he should have stepped up as the superstar he is. This season he has been even better and he will get the MVP and good on him. Nash will get 2nd or at least he should and that must put him in the elite as only the true greats, like Jordan, Bird and Chamberlain had 3 dominating seasons like what Nash has

Dirk choked. Jason Terry carried the Mavs those series. And what happens when Jason Terry has to be the focus of a team?====> Defeat.

Hey, Terry is one of the most valuable PGs in the nba right now! He comes up with big shots and actually runs their team pretty well

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:53 am
migya wrote:Hey, Terry is one of the most valuable PGs in the nba right now! He comes up with big shots and actually runs their team pretty well

I never said he's a bad PG. I like him as a complimentary player. A third option. But that if he has to carry the team in the playoffs... well, not even Jack Bauer can save you. :mrgreen:
Previous

Return to News Articles