The Pacers at it again...

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:03 pm
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Indiana Pacers guard Jamaal Tinsley and teammates Marquis Daniels and Keith McLeod were involved in a fight with a bar manager after a home loss to Golden State early Tuesday, police said.

No one was immediately arrested or charged. Police are still investigating the fight.

The police report said the bar manager of the at 8 Seconds Saloon might have a fractured jaw and severed earlobe. He told officers that Tinsley had threatened to kill him, the report said. Witnesses told officers that McLeod had shoved people during the scuffle.

The confrontation followed another fight involving a person who employees thought was trying to steal coats from the coat check area, police said.

The manager and witnesses told officers that Tinsley, Daniels and a man with them punched the manager in the face and head.

The manager "stated that he was unable to defend himself, at which time both witnesses ... stated that they felt that the life of the victim was in danger," according to the report.

Pacers CEO Donnie Walsh said in a statement Wednesday that the team was aware of the allegations but would have no further comment until police complete the investigation.

A phone number provided by the NBA Players Association for Tinsley's agent, Raymond J. Brothers, was answered by a message saying it was no longer in service.

Tinsley was at a strip club with then-Pacers teammate Stephen Jackson in October when a fight broke out during which Jackson fired a gun into the air several times before he was hit by a car.

Tinsley was not charged in that fight, but Jackson faces criminal recklessness and other charges. Jackson has pleaded not guilty.

Here's the link:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/nba/02/07/pacers.bar.scuffle.ap/index.html

Seems they got rid of one thug... for another. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:19 pm
Pacers have always been seen as a thug team

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:08 am
Wow.

Artest and Jackson LEAVE the organization and turn normal (er, normal-er). McLeod GOES THERE and turns into a lunatic.

Coincidence?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:58 pm
Jackson's most likely reaction, "It wasn't me."

What he actually said, "They can't blame this one on me, I wasn't even there."
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:22 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:"They can't blame this one on me, I wasn't even there."

I love Stephen Jackson. Ron Artest just dodges all the questions about the Palace incident and stuff... meanwhile, SJax has a sense of humor when it comes to his mistakes. I like it.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:13 am
32 wrote:Wow.

Artest and Jackson LEAVE the organization and turn normal (er, normal-er). McLeod GOES THERE and turns into a lunatic.

Coincidence?

Indianapolis...it would drive any man to violence living there :wink:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:01 am
Ha....& coat thief's :)
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

Return to News Articles