Mullin say's J-Rich here to stay!! Fact's on Trade..

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13531
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:03 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Well, hey just saying. I mean you can call it what you want. This board is to express their opinions on certain topics and if they're all of a sudden jump back on Mullin's lap because certain players have departed from this franchise, so be it. Just gotta remember those fans...

I suppose it all boils down to why an individual watches sports...

Does one watch sports because they truly like basketball? And they're following (and rooting for) the home team because thats the traditional, loyal method? Underneath all these rumors, and conversation, and hate... is it because people are proud of where they're from and, thus, represent the team that represents their city?

Or is it just a game to some people? Is it some sort of weird guessing game, where your own personal pride is, somehow, dinged if you didn't pick "the winning team" to root for?

That's why I can't understand how so many people can be so upset and bitter when watching the Warriors. Most nights, win lose or draw, it's great entertainment. Watching the team is fun. Watching OUR team is fun.

And then you hear these guys who bring up, "Oh, one year back, we had the EXACT SAME RECORD!!!" :shock: :evil: ...

And, it's like... are you even WATCHING the games...?

Do you not SEE the difference between last year and this year...?

I mean, some people are like my grandfather, who bases his entire opinion on the Warrior franchise from the <3 games a season he watches and the box scores and Tim Kawakami articles he religiously reads.

And that's how the team entertains him because, ultimately, that's all this is... entertainment, right?

But I just can't understand that method. I mean, it's almost more of a burden than a hobby... for him to be a Warriors' fan.

To me... it's fun to watch the players run the floor. It's fun to see Nelson get beat red in the face and scream his ass off at a referee for making a bad call. It's fun watching the young kids (like Monta) grow.

It's all good, to me. Being a Warriors fan is all good.

:roll: 12 years without so much as a glimpse of the post season... and being a Warriors fan is all good, to me. I guess that probably sounds pretty ignorant to some of you.

But you know what sounds ignorant to me...?

Comparing last year's record to this year's record, when they're clearly different teams (the roster didn't make a DRAMATIC change, but the lineups, the rotations, and the production sure as hell did).

You know what sounds ignorant to me?

Calling Chris Mullin clueless, when the man clearly took a team that had won around 30 games in a season... and made them a playoff contender. A long-term playoff contender, with the pieces they have now. A threat. In the big, bad Western Conference, the Golden State Warriors are now a threat to pretty much any team in the league (save for, maybe, the Suns).

And, yet, Chris Mullin should be fired...?

I dunno. I just don't understand some people some times. But, hey, whatever works for you. To me... it's all good. But some people, like Gramps and a few other board members, think different.

Is it a reflection on your personal manhood if Golden State loses to the Clippers...?

Not for me. But maybe to those people who pitch a bitch fit afterwards.

Who knows. All I know is that I'm damn proud to be a Warrior fan and a Mullin supporter. :thumbleft:
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:29 pm
Can't go wrong there. There are so many things you can base a TRUE fan on, but when worst comes to worst, and you see heads shaking, people complaining or booing, watching a potential playoff season go down in dust, at least you know where you stand as a fan of not only the Warriors, but the game of basketball itself.

Even if the Warriors finish as the same record as last year, you can't complain or compare it just happened again. You can't just say, "Not for the 13th, consecutive year." All in all, there are always positives coming from a Warriors season, regardless of the year.

You can't complain about this season one bit. Because if it weren't for Nelson, this team may have never put in so much work just so they can try and bring extra basketball to the bay in May.

Never say never as a Warriors fan, because no matter what happens, you have to love the show our Dubz put on every single game.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:20 pm
Agreed. I'd still like to see playoffs though. 8)

All Star
Posts: 2261
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:05 am
Location: Berkeley
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:53 pm
I agree fellas & TMC I feel the same way as you on J Rich the true Warrior :!:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:21 am
#32 wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Well, hey just saying. I mean you can call it what you want. This board is to express their opinions on certain topics and if they're all of a sudden jump back on Mullin's lap because certain players have departed from this franchise, so be it. Just gotta remember those fans...

I suppose it all boils down to why an individual watches sports...

Does one watch sports because they truly like basketball? And they're following (and rooting for) the home team because thats the traditional, loyal method? Underneath all these rumors, and conversation, and hate... is it because people are proud of where they're from and, thus, represent the team that represents their city?

Or is it just a game to some people? Is it some sort of weird guessing game, where your own personal pride is, somehow, dinged if you didn't pick "the winning team" to root for?

That's why I can't understand how so many people can be so upset and bitter when watching the Warriors. Most nights, win lose or draw, it's great entertainment. Watching the team is fun. Watching OUR team is fun.

And then you hear these guys who bring up, "Oh, one year back, we had the EXACT SAME RECORD!!!" :shock: :evil: ...

And, it's like... are you even WATCHING the games...?

Do you not SEE the difference between last year and this year...?

I mean, some people are like my grandfather, who bases his entire opinion on the Warrior franchise from the <3 games a season he watches and the box scores and Tim Kawakami articles he religiously reads.

And that's how the team entertains him because, ultimately, that's all this is... entertainment, right?

But I just can't understand that method. I mean, it's almost more of a burden than a hobby... for him to be a Warriors' fan.

To me... it's fun to watch the players run the floor. It's fun to see Nelson get beat red in the face and scream his ass off at a referee for making a bad call. It's fun watching the young kids (like Monta) grow.

It's all good, to me. Being a Warriors fan is all good.

:roll: 12 years without so much as a glimpse of the post season... and being a Warriors fan is all good, to me. I guess that probably sounds pretty ignorant to some of you.

But you know what sounds ignorant to me...?

Comparing last year's record to this year's record, when they're clearly different teams (the roster didn't make a DRAMATIC change, but the lineups, the rotations, and the production sure as hell did).

You know what sounds ignorant to me?

Calling Chris Mullin clueless, when the man clearly took a team that had won around 30 games in a season... and made them a playoff contender. A long-term playoff contender, with the pieces they have now. A threat. In the big, bad Western Conference, the Golden State Warriors are now a threat to pretty much any team in the league (save for, maybe, the Suns).

And, yet, Chris Mullin should be fired...?

I dunno. I just don't understand some people some times. But, hey, whatever works for you. To me... it's all good. But some people, like Gramps and a few other board members, think different.

Is it a reflection on your personal manhood if Golden State loses to the Clippers...?

Not for me. But maybe to those people who pitch a bitch fit afterwards.

Who knows. All I know is that I'm damn proud to be a Warrior fan and a Mullin supporter. :thumbleft:


Beautiful. Just beautiful. I think it's natural that people can get a little pissed with so many losing seasons... but between certain limits. And I completely agree with your comparison between this year's team and last year's. It's like night and day, even tho the records are similar.

But (there's always one but)...

John Patrick wrote:Agreed. I'd still like to see playoffs though. 8)


JayPat is right. It's about time we see some success. I've been following each W's game (watching when possible, just by the stats the rest of the time) for the last 15 years. We have to enjoy being fans at some time (you know what I mean, it's not like I haven't enjoyed following the W's during the bad times, but it's nice to win from time to time). We need to have some bragging rights... Thankfully, we're moving in the right direction now.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13531
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:32 pm
I'm not saying that winning isn't the ultimate goal. It just gets so cloudy in this place sometimes, with all the Mullin-hate, and the (former) Dunleavy-hate, and the Nelson-hate, and the horrendous complaining that occurs in (virtually) every game thread.

One of the things I'm most proud of (in regards to this forum) is that one of my first posts in this place was a swooping for Troy Murphy when everybody else was dogging him. And it seemed to change people's minds. Just being positive seemed to change a few people's perspective on Murphy.

Being happy to be a Warriors fan makes a huge difference. I'm not saying we should all be happy with a 15-game losing streak... but being in the hunt in the most cut-throat playoff race in memory...? I think that, alone, is worthy of a bit of praise.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:48 am
#32 wrote:I'm not saying that winning isn't the ultimate goal. It just gets so cloudy in this place sometimes, with all the Mullin-hate, and the (former) Dunleavy-hate, and the Nelson-hate, and the horrendous complaining that occurs in (virtually) every game thread.

One of the things I'm most proud of (in regards to this forum) is that one of my first posts in this place was a swooping for Troy Murphy when everybody else was dogging him. And it seemed to change people's minds. Just being positive seemed to change a few people's perspective on Murphy.

Being happy to be a Warriors fan makes a huge difference. I'm not saying we should all be happy with a 15-game losing streak... but being in the hunt in the most cut-throat playoff race in memory...? I think that, alone, is worthy of a bit of praise.

You know, 32, I hear what you say, but I would submit that 95% of the folks on this board are die-hard Ws fanatics. I really don't see a lot of haters on here. People who are immune to logic? Absolutely. But haters? Pretty rare. I agree that reflexive teeth-gnashing is a drag, (!!!!!) but I would also say that Pollyanna is not the only alternative to Cassandra. I enjoy this board cause (most) of the opinions, whether I agree or not, are well-stated and presented. Occasionally, someone writes something that gives me cause to reconsider my take. Are there a few flaming fools who get their kicks from trashing strangers behind the veil of anonymity at the first hint of disagreement? Sure, but that sh*t is old and pretty rare, and when it gets too out of hand,the mods take care of it. I agree you have changed a few minds. Do you feel you have had your mind changed by what you've read on here at times? Most of us seem to be able to disagree without getting into a flame war, and I think of how you and Pest have been able to debate on a pretty high level without resorting to "yo mama so fat"level discourse. After the longest stretch in pro ball without a playoff berth, and the very real possibility it may continue, discontent and frustration is very understandable. Now, with the trade, the Ws actually have some talented pieces in place, but, as Nelson said, they really don't always play smart basketball, collectively and individually. Cleveland was a perfect example, last night.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13531
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:22 pm
coltraning wrote:You know, 32, I hear what you say, but I would submit that 95% of the folks on this board are die-hard Ws fanatics. I really don't see a lot of haters on here. People who are immune to logic? Absolutely. But haters? Pretty rare. I agree that reflexive teeth-gnashing is a drag, (!!!!!) but I would also say that Pollyanna is not the only alternative to Cassandra. I enjoy this board cause (most) of the opinions, whether I agree or not, are well-stated and presented. Occasionally, someone writes something that gives me cause to reconsider my take. Are there a few flaming fools who get their kicks from trashing strangers behind the veil of anonymity at the first hint of disagreement? Sure, but that sh*t is old and pretty rare, and when it gets too out of hand,the mods take care of it. I agree you have changed a few minds. Do you feel you have had your mind changed by what you've read on here at times? Most of us seem to be able to disagree without getting into a flame war, and I think of how you and Pest have been able to debate on a pretty high level without resorting to "yo mama so fat"level discourse. After the longest stretch in pro ball without a playoff berth, and the very real possibility it may continue, discontent and frustration is very understandable. Now, with the trade, the Ws actually have some talented pieces in place, but, as Nelson said, they really don't always play smart basketball, collectively and individually. Cleveland was a perfect example, last night.

I agree. They played poorly last night. But is that cause to come out with a new thread bashing one or more of the following?:

- The Warriors defense
- The Warriors rebounding
- Patrick O'Bryant
- Chris Mullin
- Don Nelson
- Baron Davis taking too many shots
- Al Harrington not being a real 3 or 4
- Not being able to finish in the fourth
- Stephen Jackson going to jail
- Adonal Foyle's contract
- Not being able to maintain a lead
- Jason Richardson's bad play NOT a result as of injury
- Ect

It just gets exhausting to read through all this nonsense. And, man, before the trade...? How much could we add to the list?

- Mike Dunleavy
- Troy Murphy
- Either/or's contract
- Ike Diogu not getting any playing time
- Mullin 'refusing to pull the trigger on trades'
- Nelson giving Dunleavy too many chances
- The chemistry of the team being disrupted by DunMurphy

I mean... seriously, its just exhausting.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:30 pm
#32 wrote:I agree. They played poorly last night. But is that cause to come out with a new thread bashing one or more of the following?:

- The Warriors defense
- The Warriors rebounding
- Patrick O'Bryant
- Chris Mullin
- Don Nelson
- Baron Davis taking too many shots
- Al Harrington not being a real 3 or 4
- Not being able to finish in the fourth
- Stephen Jackson going to jail
- Adonal Foyle's contract
- Not being able to maintain a lead
- Jason Richardson's bad play NOT a result as of injury
- Ect

It just gets exhausting to read through all this nonsense. And, man, before the trade...? How much could we add to the list?

- Mike Dunleavy
- Troy Murphy
- Either/or's contract
- Ike Diogu not getting any playing time
- Mullin 'refusing to pull the trigger on trades'
- Nelson giving Dunleavy too many chances
- The chemistry of the team being disrupted by DunMurphy

I mean... seriously, its just exhausting.


Just a slight problem... this is (mainly) a W's board, and those are the current topics of the team.

After each loss, we'll have several threads bitching about the game (or more, if it's as awful as against the Cavs).

After each win, we'll have several threads about how clutch is Monta or how Baron should be an All Star.

That's just how it is. The more we win, the "happier" the topics.
Previous

Return to News Articles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron