Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:13 pm
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:lol :wink: btw, did you know that your neighbor Hawaii was originally a leper colony? I'm guessing you did...

:shock:

A neighbor that it's 7,000 miles away... :wink:

yeah, I know...pretty Americacentric of me. They call Australia a neighbor in Hawaii, but I guess when you are in the middle of nowhere you take the neighbors you can...

There more your neighbours in California than anything else. One the places I would like to visit the most Hawaii

have been 4 times...go to Napili Bay and Paia in Maui if you visit - beautiful and less touristy (as much as Hawaii can be less touristy)
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:23 pm
Motenencejo9 wrote:DELETED

but really, Motenencejo9, you spamming fool, what do YOU think of the trade :roll:

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:01 am
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:lol :wink: btw, did you know that your neighbor Hawaii was originally a leper colony? I'm guessing you did...

yeah, I know...pretty Americacentric of me. They call Australia a neighbor in Hawaii, but I guess when you are in the middle of nowhere you take the neighbors you can...

There more your neighbours in California than anything else. One the places I would like to visit the most Hawaii

have been 4 times...go to Napili Bay and Paia in Maui if you visit - beautiful and less touristy (as much as Hawaii can be less touristy)

Thanks for the information. Definately would love to see this if ever possible

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:39 pm
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:
TMC wrote:

sure - I have also heard that Kauai is an amazing place to visit, more peaceful and utterly beautiful. Speaking of your neck of the woods, my father-in-law visited New Zealand and the pics he brought back showed a completely spectacular place. Have you been there? Where else other than the usual suspects like Sydney are good places to visit down under?

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:25 am
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:
TMC wrote:

sure - I have also heard that Kauai is an amazing place to visit, more peaceful and utterly beautiful. Speaking of your neck of the woods, my father-in-law visited New Zealand and the pics he brought back showed a completely spectacular place. Have you been there? Where else other than the usual suspects like Sydney are good places to visit down under?

I haven't been anywhere outside of the southwest part of Western Australia (Western Australia is the size of about 1/4 of the U.S. and Aust). I have heard that New Zealand is beautiful with nice mountains and forests. One of the most popular places to visit in Australia is the Snowy Mountains, near Sydney, they are famous for skiing

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:15 am
Plenty of great places to see in Aus :mrgreen:

If you want to see the outback then NT and Queensland are the go, as well as parts of South Australia and Western Australia. Alot to choose from I know. If you like rain forests, then North Queensland is for you. New South Wales and Victoria have a lot in the way of alpine forests, skiing and what not, although Tasmania probably has the best forests and trails. A pity that everything closes early in Tassy....really early :shock:

If you like museums and music and nightlife, you probably want either Melbourne or Sydney...in that order.

Wine fan? The Adelaide hills are for you.

Basically Australia has something for everyone. I've never been to New Zealand either but my parents have and they like most other people loved it. Its great for anyone that wants a relaxing holiday and even better for someone that wants an exciting one....or so I've been told. The natural beauty of the place also can't be beaten from what I've been told.

Anyways, theres my 2 cents.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:15 am
breezer_79 wrote:If you like museums and music and nightlife, you probably want either Melbourne or Sydney...in that order.

In that order?. What's so great about Melbourne? (It's not an attack against the city. I'm asking honestly. It's just that Sydney seems like the jewel of the crown from here).

And what's up with Perth?. Migya, time to step up for your town...
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:07 am
heres your answer....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World%27s_ ... ble_Cities

Sydney the jewel in the crown?? Sacrilege!! :mrgreen: When it comes to Music and arts Melbourne is the place to be....not Sydney. Melbourne is also the place to be if you want sports, but maybe I'm biased.

As for Perth....thats like a whole other country. :mrgreen:

Very laid back though from what I hear, great beaches, nice women (ask migya) terrible piss (alcohol) and also has some good local rock from what I hear as well. My missus reckons the Fremantle Markets are sh*t hot as well.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:03 am
breezer_79 wrote:heres your answer....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World%27s_ ... ble_Cities

Interesting. Australia and Canada cover most of the top ten... while the first spanish city is Barcelona at 44. Friggin' great. Not that it surprises me, tho.

breezer_79 wrote:As for Perth....thats like a whole other country. :mrgreen:

nice women

Stop. That's enough. I've already got a favorite Australian place. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:15 pm
breezer_79 wrote:As for Perth....thats like a whole other country. :mrgreen:

Very laid back though from what I hear, great beaches, nice women (ask migya) terrible piss (alcohol) and also has some good local rock from what I hear as well. My missus reckons the Fremantle Markets are sh*t hot as well.

What I like about where I live is that it is laid back and not stress filled! Perth has some action places but depends on what you like. The beaches are great and yes, the women are good as well

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:01 am
Well, I guess it all depends on what you mean by liveable. I grew up in vancouver and there is no doubt it is a beautiful and progressive semi-big city ( about 2 mill in greater). But it closes really early and you have to be able to deal with rain...a lot of rain....a SHITLOAD of rain! Most exciting city I have ever lived in is NYC, with amazing things open very late, including great restaurants and the best jazz in the world. On the other hand not a ot of physical beauty and expensive as hell. The Bay seems like the best compromise between the sheer beauty of Vancouver and the urban excitement of NYC, and the weather easily has them both beat.

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:07 am
coltraning wrote:Well, I guess it all depends on what you mean by liveable. I grew up in vancouver and there is no doubt it is a beautiful and progressive semi-big city ( about 2 mill in greater). But it closes really early and you have to be able to deal with rain...a lot of rain....a SHITLOAD of rain!

Hey, I've got that same weather (or even worse)

That's a typical winter around here. If it's not snowing, it's probably raining. In any case, it's gonna be freezing cold.

Oh, well. At least everything it's open 'til real late...
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:35 am
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:Well, I guess it all depends on what you mean by liveable. I grew up in vancouver and there is no doubt it is a beautiful and progressive semi-big city ( about 2 mill in greater). But it closes really early and you have to be able to deal with rain...a lot of rain....a SHITLOAD of rain!

Hey, I've got that same weather (or even worse)

That's a typical winter around here. If it's not snowing, it's probably raining. In any case, it's gonna be freezing cold.

Oh, well. At least everything it's open 'til real late...

ugggh...I thought Spain was sunny and warm, bro???

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:52 am
coltraning wrote:ugggh...I thought Spain was sunny and warm, bro???

Most of the country has that sunny and warm weather you're talking about... I just happen to live in the north. The snow and cold weather lasts only for a couple of months, tho, so it's not a big deal. But it certainly rains a lot all year round.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:02 pm
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:ugggh...I thought Spain was sunny and warm, bro???

Most of the country has that sunny and warm weather you're talking about... I just happen to live in the north. The snow and cold weather lasts only for a couple of months, tho, so it's not a big deal. But it certainly rains a lot all year round.

Cold weather, more reason to rug up with some babe! :mrgreen:

PreviousNext

Return to News Articles