Warriors Expected To Sign Azubuike

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Starting Lineup
» Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:43 pm
Thunder wrote:I hope the Warriors offer him an extension before he gets too much pub. How nice would it be to have a legit backup 2 guard for the next 2-3 years for about 1.5 mil a pop?

I agree, maybe even for cheaper too. Have him as our fifth guard.

» Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:20 pm
Money wrote:This kid is money, not monta money, more like Barnes money

Hell no.

Az far as I'm concerned, he's WAY more important than Barnes. Here's how I see the Warriors signing priorities:

1) Andris Biedrins (good NBA centers are the hardest things to get)
2) Monta Ellis (stud)
3) Kelenna Azuibuke (once Monta's PG conversion is complete, Kelenna should be the #1 backup SG off the bench).
4) Matt Barnes (streaky, Pippen-like player, whom I suspect is a one-season wonder)

Starting Lineup
» Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:35 pm
32 wrote:

Hell no.

Az far as I'm concerned, he's WAY more important than Barnes. Here's how I see the Warriors signing priorities:

2) Monta Ellis (stud)
3) Kelenna Azuibuke (once Monta's PG conversion is complete, Kelenna should be the #1 backup SG off the bench).
4) Matt Barnes (streaky, Pippen-like player, whom I suspect is a one-season wonder)

Good Point. Just saying hes not on Montas level (starter), more on Barnes level (backup). But ill give u that hes more important than Barnes havent really looked into it.

Hall of Famer
» Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:45 am
32 wrote:

Hell no.

2) Monta Ellis (stud)

You forgot Pietrus (probably on purpose) :wink:

Can't say I disagree with that list...

» Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:36 am
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:

Hell no.

2) Monta Ellis (stud)

You forgot Pietrus (probably on purpose) :wink:

Can't say I disagree with that list...

Pietrus is having a contract season. It was expected for him to improve. If he'd be willing to resign for a reasonable amount (aka, less than Dunleavy's contract), than I wouldn't be opposed to it. But I'd still rather have Biedrins, Ellis, and Azuibuke before him.

Role Player
» Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:39 pm
I don't really want anything to do with Pietrus after this season. He's to the Warriors what Pedro Feliz is to the Giants - flashes of brilliance, some good skills, but really stupid (a la Feliz hacking at every breaking ball in the dirt).

I totally agree with #32 that Azibuike should be a priority behind Andris and Monta. I really like his game and he can shoot it real well. I also agree that Barnes is playing over his head this season. In fact, he had a good run a while back, but over the last month he's come down to earth. His level now is by no mean bad, and I'd love to have him as a role player (especially in Nellie's system) as long as it's for cheap.

The only thing I can't decide is whether it's more important to sign Monta or Biedrins. At first, I thought Biedrins all the way, as the W's haven't had a good center in forever. And he's still like 20 years old. But Monta is such a stud, and people already love him here so much, it seems like the management's main concern is not pissing everyone off with another Arenas-type situation. As long as we don't sign Pietrus and get Azibuike and/or Barnes on the cheap, we should have enough for both Monta and Biedrins... I hope.

All Star
» Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:39 pm
baytobrooklyn wrote:I don't really want anything to do with Pietrus after this season. He's to the Warriors what Pedro Feliz is to the Giants - flashes of brilliance, some good skills, but really stupid (a la Feliz hacking at every breaking ball in the dirt).

I totally agree with #32 that Azibuike should be a priority behind Andris and Monta. I really like his game and he can shoot it real well. I also agree that Barnes is playing over his head this season. In fact, he had a good run a while back, but over the last month he's come down to earth. His level now is by no mean bad, and I'd love to have him as a role player (especially in Nellie's system) as long as it's for cheap.

The only thing I can't decide is whether it's more important to sign Monta or Biedrins. At first, I thought Biedrins all the way, as the W's haven't had a good center in forever. And he's still like 20 years old. But Monta is such a stud, and people already love him here so much, it seems like the management's main concern is not pissing everyone off with another Arenas-type situation. As long as we don't sign Pietrus and get Azibuike and/or Barnes on the cheap, we should have enough for both Monta and Biedrins... I hope.

Monta, AB and Jrich are our only potential all-stars (BD gets injured too much)

» Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:17 pm
coltraning wrote:Monta, AB and Jrich are our only potential all-stars (BD gets injured too much)

But when Baron's healthy, he's unquestionably better than anyone else we have.

All Star
» Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:24 pm
32 wrote:
coltraning wrote:Monta, AB and Jrich are our only potential all-stars (BD gets injured too much)

But when Baron's healthy, he's unquestionably better than anyone else we have.

agreed - a healthy BD and Jrich is arguably the best backcourt in the league, but the catch is, BD is rarely full strength. I would not be remotely shocked to see Monta exceed BD in a couple of years