Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:42 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:things have gone well and that is the important thing but it will interesting to see whether Mullin has plans on resigning him. I think Pietrus is ideal as trade bait and that is probably the option Mullin is looking at

I've got the feeling that he's looking to trade Murphy (at least) to be able to re-sign the young guys.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking. :wink:

I reckon he is as well but he would be shopping Pietrus along with him because that is about the only way he will get rid of Murphy and it is good thinking because Pietrus has done well and is potentially very good

Trading both certainly would free up enough money to re-sign Monta and Biedrins... but Pietrus will be a free agent at the end of the season, and that may scare some teams (they still would have the right to match, but we all know that when a player doesn't want to sign, it doesn't help much).

But teams look at potential and Pietrus has been better than he ever has this season. I like him on the team but if it gets rid of Murphy, he should be used in a trade

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:10 pm
I'll add another condition. ONLY if it gets rid of Murphy and frees up cap space to sign Ellis, Biedrins, Diogu.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:33 pm
John Patrick wrote:I'll add another condition. ONLY if it gets rid of Murphy and frees up cap space to sign Ellis, Biedrins, Diogu.

If a very good player can be attained, then I'll be happy with that, otherwise, an expirer and thus cap space is the only option so the young guys can be resigned

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to News Articles