Just wondering...

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:17 am
MARCUS THOMPSON II: NBA
BAGS STILL PACKED: According to the Los Angeles Times, the Los Angeles Clippers are still trying to deal forward Corey Maggette though they weren't able to land Iverson (because they didn't want to give up point guard Shaun Livingston). Maggette recently acknowledged he wanted out as well.

"Me and coach (Mike) Dunleavy ... we don't see eye-to-eye," Maggette told the Times. "Coach doesn't respect what I do. If that's the case, it might be time for me to go, move on and have a new beginning. It's better for me to go."

The Clippers still have to find a suitor for Maggette, who entered Friday averaging 14.8 points and 5.9 rebounds. Ideally, they would want an outside shooter in return. They could use help on the wing position, shooting guard or small forward, especially in the scoring department. With Dunleavy now in charge of the Clippers basketball operations, maybe he'll trade for his son. Here's a viable scenario: The Warriors can send Mike Dunleavy Jr. to the Clippers for Maggette. To make the numbers work, the Warriors would also ship the expiring contracts of forward Zarko Cabarkapa and point guard Keith McLeod (and maybe a second rounder) to Charlotte -- which is under the cap and can absorb salary. If that doesn't get the Bobcats involved, the Warriors can also send swingman Mickael Pietrus to Charlotte and get back point guard Brevin Knight.

I was curious on that part. I doubt it'd go down but hey, the NBA is always full of suprises.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:47 am
It is being reported the Kings are talking trade with the Clips offering Artest :mrgreen:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:19 am
I don't know the contract situation with Maggette but he is more effective than dun BUT he is always injured or very often at least. He will likely want the ball a fair bit too so I'm not sure he would that much of an asset.

It would get rid of dun though

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:48 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Here's a viable scenario: The Warriors can send Mike Dunleavy Jr. to the Clippers for Maggette. To make the numbers work, the Warriors would also ship the expiring contracts of forward Zarko Cabarkapa and point guard Keith McLeod (and maybe a second rounder) to Charlotte -- which is under the cap and can absorb salary. If that doesn't get the Bobcats involved, the Warriors can also send swingman Mickael Pietrus to Charlotte and get back point guard Brevin Knight.[/b]

I'm having a hard time believin we're going to make trades inside our own division...
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:31 pm
TMC wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Here's a viable scenario: The Warriors can send Mike Dunleavy Jr. to the Clippers for Maggette. To make the numbers work, the Warriors would also ship the expiring contracts of forward Zarko Cabarkapa and point guard Keith McLeod (and maybe a second rounder) to Charlotte -- which is under the cap and can absorb salary. If that doesn't get the Bobcats involved, the Warriors can also send swingman Mickael Pietrus to Charlotte and get back point guard Brevin Knight.[/b]

I'm having a hard time believin we're going to make trades inside our own division...

A) there is no difference between division and conference unless you're competing for #1 in the division
B) It's good to trade within your conference if you make the other team worse :roll:
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:56 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
TMC wrote:

A) there is no difference between division and conference unless you're competing for #1 in the division
B) It's good to trade within your conference if you make the other team worse :roll:

8)

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:58 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:B) It's good to trade within your conference if you make the other team worse :roll:

Sure... but if Mullin is still so high on Dunleavy, he probably won't like facing him 4 times per year.

I wouldn't oppose to that trade. I'm just saying that I don't think it's gonna happen.

Return to News Articles