Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:51 am
WARRIORS NOTEBOOK
Pietrus, Biedrins battered and bruised

Janny Hu

Saturday, December 23, 2006

(12-23) 04:00 PST Orlando -- As the Warriors headed off to Miami for the final stop of their six-game road trip, they still weren't sure who would be available for tonight's game against the Heat.

Forward Mickael Pietrus sported a broken nose after getting elbowed in the face by the Magic's Dwight Howard, and center Andris Biedrins had a sore hip after a hard fourth-quarter fall.

Pietrus, whose nose was swollen after the game, didn't think he would be ready to go. He said his head still throbbing, but was otherwise in good spirits.

"It's good when you hurt and you win," said Pietrus, who headed straight to the locker room after taking the hit from the 6-foot-11, 265-pound Howard. "You see how big he is? I knew I wasn't returning to the game."

Meanwhile, Biedrins gave himself and the Warriors a brief scare when he landed on his right back/hip with a thud after being partially upended by Magic forward Darko Milicic.

Biedrins stayed down for several minutes before walking off in pain, and after getting checked out by the training staff, was available to return. Though he said he was a little sore and believed he could play against Miami, it's likely he'll wake up today with some added aches.

"It was a simple play, I don't know how I could fall down like that," said Biedrins, who said he would avoid watching a replay of his spill. "I don't like things like that."

No timetable for Murphy: A day after forward Troy Murphy said he didn't feel like he was a good fit in Don Nelson's system, the Warriors' coach said he understood where Murphy was coming from.

"I feel the same way," Nelson said. "I still think he's going to be a big part of what we do, but he can't do it when he can't play 100 percent. ... He hasn't been as sharp as I had anticipated. He's had a good couple games, but whatever the reason, we're trying to take care of him physically and work him in to be a part of our program when he can."

Murphy's doctor's exam in Los Angeles on Thursday did not reveal any further damage to his injured Achilles. Murphy was given additional treatment options and remains out indefinitely.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... N572B1.DTL
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:07 am
Sounds a bit like Murphy doesn't want to play and is sulking about being talked about in trades

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:08 pm
Whatever. That doesn't matter to me. If Murphy wants to be traded, trade him. If not, Nelson will find a use for him... but, like Nelly said, it'll be most fruitful when Murphy's at 100%.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to News Articles