Nelson plans to use Ellis as first guard off bench - SJ Merc

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13512
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:44 am
What about when Baron was posting up every trip down, against the Hornets and Jazz (among others), earlier in the year?
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:54 am
#32 wrote:What about when Baron was posting up every trip down, against the Hornets and Jazz (among others), earlier in the year?


Still played around 20 min (if I'm not wrong). That ain't much...
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21366
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:55 pm
coltraning wrote:Assuming JRich comes back to his old form, it makes sense to have Monta off the bench, so long as he gets beaucoup minutes. As for Ike, I am not so sure, Migya. It is not about defense, as some have claimed, since most Ws are bad defenders (Biedrins, Pietrus and Barnes excepted). The problem is, Nelson does not play a game with a lot of low post play, and Ike thrives as a low post half court player. Do I think a coach as inventive as Nelson should figure out how to use a kid who can score easily down low and shoot 80% from the line? Of course, but I am not sure that will happen. That's more Riley, Van Gundy, Sloan ball.



I know what your saying colt but Nelson also does take to what works so he will use Diogu inside if he sees that it is effective, which he must have seen from the great production from Diogu in the short minutes he plays
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:07 pm
#32 wrote:This is perfect. I've always known Monta is best suited as a 6th man kind of player. If you average 4 turnovers in starting minutes, its time for a change.

Like Gilbert Arenas and Dwight Howard? :mrgreen:
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:56 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
#32 wrote:This is perfect. I've always known Monta is best suited as a 6th man kind of player. If you average 4 turnovers in starting minutes, its time for a change.

Like Gilbert Arenas and Dwight Howard? :mrgreen:


:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13512
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:01 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
#32 wrote:This is perfect. I've always known Monta is best suited as a 6th man kind of player. If you average 4 turnovers in starting minutes, its time for a change.

Like Gilbert Arenas and Dwight Howard? :mrgreen:

Dwight Howard is a genetic freak.

I was in such awe of that guy during yesterday's game. He looks like a building with teeth. A 7-footer lineback. Dude's built like a bodybuilder. He was seriously TOSSING Andris, Chef, Foyle, and Ike.

Anybody see that play where Ike completely juked him, spun away from him, got himself a good 3 feet of space to get a shot off... and Howard STILL swatted it out of the sky?!

He's a goddamn X-Man; a friggin mutant. It isn't fair. :banghead: :cry:
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21366
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:43 pm
You'd think such a freak would score more than he did and dominate the game :wink:
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13512
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:59 pm
I don't know why he DOESN'T completely dominate the game, as far as scoring!?!

I mean, on top of all his physical gifts, he camps out in the key and only gets called for it a fraction of the time, he gets the same superstar foul calls that guys like KG and Shaq get in the post, and he injures all his competition by throwing them 'bows!

Dwight Howard is a savage. One of my favorites, for sure.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:39 am
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:Assuming JRich comes back to his old form, it makes sense to have Monta off the bench, so long as he gets beaucoup minutes. As for Ike, I am not so sure, Migya. It is not about defense, as some have claimed, since most Ws are bad defenders (Biedrins, Pietrus and Barnes excepted). The problem is, Nelson does not play a game with a lot of low post play, and Ike thrives as a low post half court player. Do I think a coach as inventive as Nelson should figure out how to use a kid who can score easily down low and shoot 80% from the line? Of course, but I am not sure that will happen. That's more Riley, Van Gundy, Sloan ball.



I know what your saying colt but Nelson also does take to what works so he will use Diogu inside if he sees that it is effective, which he must have seen from the great production from Diogu in the short minutes he plays

so far no love for Ike, still, and that's with the Ws looking like a hospital ward,Migya. Murphy and Pietrus out, Biedrins banged up, and Ike gets all of 14 minutes. for whatever reason, Nelson has a hard-on for Ike. Again, good #s: 50% fom the field, 4/5 from the line, 8 points, 4 boards and a block - if he had Dun's minutes we'd be looking at a 20 point/10 board 3 block night...Maybe Nelson has sized him up and thinks tough love is the answer...???
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21366
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:46 am
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:Assuming JRich comes back to his old form, it makes sense to have Monta off the bench, so long as he gets beaucoup minutes. As for Ike, I am not so sure, Migya. It is not about defense, as some have claimed, since most Ws are bad defenders (Biedrins, Pietrus and Barnes excepted). The problem is, Nelson does not play a game with a lot of low post play, and Ike thrives as a low post half court player. Do I think a coach as inventive as Nelson should figure out how to use a kid who can score easily down low and shoot 80% from the line? Of course, but I am not sure that will happen. That's more Riley, Van Gundy, Sloan ball.



I know what your saying colt but Nelson also does take to what works so he will use Diogu inside if he sees that it is effective, which he must have seen from the great production from Diogu in the short minutes he plays

so far no love for Ike, still, and that's with the Ws looking like a hospital ward,Migya. Murphy and Pietrus out, Biedrins banged up, and Ike gets all of 14 minutes. for whatever reason, Nelson has a hard-on for Ike. Again, good #s: 50% fom the field, 4/5 from the line, 8 points, 4 boards and a block - if he had Dun's minutes we'd be looking at a 20 point/10 board 3 block night...Maybe Nelson has sized him up and thinks tough love is the answer...???



That's it! Diogu produces so well in the minutes he gets but yet Nelson will not give him the minutes! Even with all the injuries, Diogu still gets short minutes. Nelson has to change that
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13512
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:52 am
Dude... even with his extended time last night, Ike didn't impress me. Maybe Nelson's right to slowly work him back into the lineup. It seems like he's still got some development to do.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21366
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:10 pm
#32 wrote:Dude... even with his extended time last night, Ike didn't impress me. Maybe Nelson's right to slowly work him back into the lineup. It seems like he's still got some development to do.



Diogu got 14 minutes! That is not alot but it is extended compared to the measily minutes the guy has been getting!

Fact is he is very effective when he does play and players who are effective should play as much as possible
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13512
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:35 pm
He got over a full quarter of time (including ALL of the 4th). If an impact was made, I must have missed it (and I watched all, except for the final minute and a half, of the game).
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21366
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:48 pm
And dun and more than 6 players on the team get more court time than that on a regular basis!

Fact is, Diogu is one of the most effective players on the team and so he should be getting alot more court time, 30 minutes at least!
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:26 pm
migya wrote:And dun and more than 6 players on the team get more court time than that on a regular basis!

Fact is, Diogu is one of the most effective players on the team and so he should be getting alot more court time, 30 minutes at least!

I agree - not necessarily to the extent of 30 but why not? At least 25...Garbage minutes in a blow out are not worthwhile. There was a stat last year something along the lines of he averaged at least 16 points a game when he got 24 or more minutes...let's give him the minutes Dung gets and see what happens...who else do they have at PF? Barnes is it...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Previous

Return to News Articles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron