Dave Del Grande...is he a genius or on crack???

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Genius or on crack?

Genius - why did no one else think of this?
No votes
He's smoking the rock like a fiend
100%
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No votes

Total votes : 8

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:06 pm
ChicagoTom wrote:
migya wrote:The TWolves should be the ones offering a package like RDavis, MJames and one other guy, like Jaric, for Iverson. Like I said, they would still have the young future backcourt of Foye and McCants, as well as potentially very good forward Eddie Griffin to have around Iverson and KG. That woyld not be a bad team at all and the sixers might just go for such a trade

When the Sixers deal Iverson I am sure the goal is to get younger and free up some salary cap space in the process. That being said, the above deal does not make any sense. Mike James, Ricky Davis and Marko Jaric will do little to help the Sixers get better and more importantly, these three will not bring and hope for the future.

James and Davis specifically will never play on winning teams. They should be on a team with Al Harrington and Shareef Abdur-Rahim. Not to say they are bad players, but not the kinds of players you trade for a guy like Iverson.

I honestly do not think Minnesota has the pieces to make a trade work. My prediction is that Iverson's 18 million dollar salary, which expires in 2009, ends up in Boston. I am guessing a combination of Theo Ratliff (12 million, expires in 2008) plus Gerald Green (1.75 per year, expires in 2009), Sebastien Telfair (1.8 per year, expires in 2008) and potentially Al Jefferson (1.75 per year, expires in 2008) AND a future first round draft pick.

The salaries are close. Iverson is around 17-18 this year with 20-21 over the next two seasons, while the Celtics would be trading 17.3 million in salaries.

I see this as Boston getting the player they want NOW to compete in the lowly Atlantic division and in turn, the Sixers get younger with Green, Jefferson and have a point guard replacement with Telfair.

The Sixers might see this as too much, but fiscally, it makes sense and in the NBA things have to make fiscal sense more than common sense when trying to make a trade happen.

Thoughts? Predictions where Iverson will end up?

That is a sensible trade, I could imagine that happening. Also don't forget the Bobcats, who have tons of cap space. Brevin Knight, Gerald Wallace, Sean May and a pick for Iverson.

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:57 pm
John Patrick wrote:That is a sensible trade, I could imagine that happening. Also don't forget the Bobcats, who have tons of cap space. Brevin Knight, Gerald Wallace, Sean May and a pick for Iverson.

Yeah, the Bobcats do have quite a bit of cap room and such in the next year or so, but for some reason I do not see Iverson flourishing in Charlotte as I do in Boston. Also, I think the Bobcats would be wise to stick with their current team and develop the younger talent like Raymond Felton at the point, Adam Morrison, Sean May, Emeka Okafor, etc. I do not see Iverson working well with these youngsters, but then again, he might be exactly what they need. If I were Michael Jordan and Bernie Bickerstaff, I would not make a deal for Iverson though.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:53 pm
Yeah, I'd think the Bobcats should grow more, and if Michael and Bernie don't see much progression, then they could trade for a veteran. But not Iverson, it's too early to get rid of those kids. Especially with Greg Oden becoming a Bobcat a possibility.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:03 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Yeah, I'd think the Bobcats should grow more, and if Michael and Bernie don't see much progression, then they could trade for a veteran. But not Iverson, it's too early to get rid of those kids. Especially with Greg Oden becoming a Bobcat a possibility.

Bernie will be out of a job by season's end... and I think AI will have the final word on where he's going. Nobody will trade for a disgruntled Iverson.

None of the trades I've seen makes any sense for Philly, so it's kinda hard to predict where he may end up. I still think it will be one of the teams that no one expects... a team like the Clippers, maybe Sacramento, Atlanta, Cleveland... That kind of team. I just don't think the Sixers should be interested in any of the trades we've heard of til now. And I find hard to believe that they will trade him to a divisional rival. I'm not ruling out a trade in their own conference... but not in their own division.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:11 pm
ChicagoTom wrote:I honestly do not think Minnesota has the pieces to make a trade work. My prediction is that Iverson's 18 million dollar salary, which expires in 2009, ends up in Boston. I am guessing a combination of Theo Ratliff (12 million, expires in 2008) plus Gerald Green (1.75 per year, expires in 2009), Sebastien Telfair (1.8 per year, expires in 2008) and potentially Al Jefferson (1.75 per year, expires in 2008) AND a future first round draft pick.

The salaries are close. Iverson is around 17-18 this year with 20-21 over the next two seasons, while the Celtics would be trading 17.3 million in salaries.

I see this as Boston getting the player they want NOW to compete in the lowly Atlantic division and in turn, the Sixers get younger with Green, Jefferson and have a point guard replacement with Telfair.

The Sixers might see this as too much, but fiscally, it makes sense and in the NBA things have to make fiscal sense more than common sense when trying to make a trade happen.

Thoughts? Predictions where Iverson will end up?

No way the Celts or anyone would give up that much for Iverson. The sixers are not in the driver's seat because Iverson demanded a trade and he is inactive right now.

I also reckon the Celts will get Iverson but it will be for something like Wally, Jefferson and Delonte

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:48 am
migya wrote:The sixers are not in the driver's seat because Iverson demanded a trade and he is inactive right now.

Just 'cos they seem to be in a rush to trade him. He's the one that wants to leave, and the more they wait, the better offers they'll get. I'd wait at least til mid-january to make any trade.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:03 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:The sixers are not in the driver's seat because Iverson demanded a trade and he is inactive right now.

Just 'cos they seem to be in a rush to trade him. He's the one that wants to leave, and the more they wait, the better offers they'll get. I'd wait at least til mid-january to make any trade.

Unlikely thee will be such a wait and also, the longer Iverson is inactive, the worse shape he'll be in. The best thing for the sixers is to get this behind them as soon as possible

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:20 am
New article by Del Grande... This is not as crazy as his first one that I totally disagreed with. I've also posted this info in the Trades section.

Warriors, Your Future is Now
http://www.insidebayarea.com/warriors/ci_4837314

I really like this article by Dave Del Grande. I have been soaking up all this Iverson trade talk/rumors for the Warriors, reading a bunch of articles, watching & listening to sports news and was not sure where I stood, but now I know where I stand on this issue.

I say go for Iverson! I love Jason Richardson and I don't want to see him leave and I'm really impressed by Andres Biedrins as well and don't want to see him leave (a good big man is too valuable). BD would be nice to keep too. Del Grande said we can trade Richardson & Foyle or Davis & Biedrins, but I don't like those ideas...

so... I'll go with Del Grande's last option... Let's trade Monta Ellis, Troy Murphy & Adonal Foyle for Allen Iverson. Don't know if the 76ers will take it, but the money is all there. Yes, Monta has got tons of potential and will be a huge star for years to come, but come on... do we really wanna wait anymore for development. I don't. Plus Iverson with a great three years for... developing Monta I think is worth it. We will then not have to worry about giving Monta a contract and instead give our money to Biedrins who I think is way more valuable than Monta.

Davis, Iverson, Richardson, Diogu, Biedrins and Dunleavy & Pietrus off the bench... OH BOY!!! I really want this trade to go down... it is possible, but will it happen?

Thoughts?
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:13 pm
No chance in hell the sixers take that trade, jj.

Monta<Iverson and Adonal+Murphy<nothing
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:56 pm
There is no real reason for the team to trade any of the core guys. The team has not been very convincing this season but there has been a fair few injuries as well. With most of the guys back, then we will see how good the team really is

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:28 am
migya wrote:There is no real reason for the team to trade any of the core guys. The team has not been very convincing this season but there has been a fair few injuries as well. With most of the guys back, then we will see how good the team really is

agree. Until a healthy JRich and Ike are back, we really have no complete sense what is here. Interesting stat: BD leads the league in assist to turnover ratio
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:03 am
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:There is no real reason for the team to trade any of the core guys. The team has not been very convincing this season but there has been a fair few injuries as well. With most of the guys back, then we will see how good the team really is

agree. Until a healthy JRich and Ike are back, we really have no complete sense what is here. Interesting stat: BD leads the league in assist to turnover ratio

Monta is bringing up the ball alot isn't he? Baron won't get as many TOs that way

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:56 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
#32 wrote:
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:Iverson's a black hole, like I've always said.

People love the guy... just not when he's playing for THEIR team. :banghead:

Quite the opposite. The ones that love him the most are those that root for his team... ask any Philly fan if they want to see him go and most would rather have Billy King fired.

What I meant was that everybody loves AI... but most smart fans are opposed to trading for him.

agreed. I'd trade baron for him straight up (because AI is basically a better less injury prone version of Baron) but no more. no way I give equal value for him

I don't even know if I'd offer Baron. From what I've seen, Baron is a catalyst to the team's chemistry... whereas, AI would cripple it.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to News Articles