Turns out Ellis was too good to pass on

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:23 am
coltraning wrote:yeah, we have drafted really well and I think it is an excellent idea to package a pick with Murphy to move and make some room for all those players we have drafted and want to resign (Monta, Andris, Ike)...

Number 1 thing right now is to resign Monta and Biedrins! That means moving at least one and maybe two of the three bad contracts of foyle, dun and Murphy. One or more draft picks would have to go as well most likely but since the team is so young, that should not be a problem, though it is good to have one or two 1st rounders over five years to use on a possible contributor

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:00 am
Murphy's contract isn't bad; it's just big (like Richardson and Davis). Dunleavy and Foyle have "bad" contracts.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:44 am
#32 wrote:Even though they've already got two power forward projects in Jefferson and Powe...?

In that scenario, they would lose Powe. That way, they'd keep Murphy starting and Jefferson in the bench (there are rumors of them getting tired of his slow development already, so other option would be trade for Jefferson so they keep Powe).

Gomes wouldn't be a problem, as he can play SF just fine.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:01 am
#32 wrote:Murphy's contract isn't bad; it's just big (like Richardson and Davis). Dunleavy and Foyle have "bad" contracts.

Murphy is over paid and in front of Diogu, as has been said before. More than enough reasons to want to get him out soon

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:22 pm
migya wrote:
#32 wrote:Murphy's contract isn't bad; it's just big (like Richardson and Davis). Dunleavy and Foyle have "bad" contracts.

Murphy is over paid and in front of Diogu, as has been said before. More than enough reasons to want to get him out soon

he is better than Dung or Foyle, but is the most moveable expendable piece - if they buy out Foyle, move Murphy and have decent contributions from Dung off the bench it'll be alright.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:12 am
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:

he is better than Dung or Foyle, but is the most moveable expendable piece - if they buy out Foyle, move Murphy and have decent contributions from Dung off the bench it'll be alright.

All ifs but you are right. Like I said, if any of the young guys that are up to be resigned can not be, they could be used in a trade package with one of the bad contracts. That'd be getting the best out of the situation

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:06 pm
migya wrote:Murphy is over paid and in front of Diogu, as has been said before. More than enough reasons to want to get him out soon

Whether or not Murphy is 'overpaid' is debatable. While he doesn't defend as well as Ike or Biedrins, his range is about two times as far as either of them. Plus, he shoots free throws well (something we need), which Biedrins doesn't. Murphy brings value to the table. A lot of people would argue with you about him being overpaid.

And, as far as him roadblocking Diogu, Nelson's system doesn't really punish the players who don't start. A guy can easily play 35 minutes off the bench for Nelson when he's hot. If Diogu proved he deserves the starting job, Nelly will put him there. How much money a guy's making has nothing to do with Nelson's rotations. Look at whats already happened to Foyle and Dunleavy.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:34 pm
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:Murphy is over paid and in front of Diogu, as has been said before. More than enough reasons to want to get him out soon

Whether or not Murphy is 'overpaid' is debatable. While he doesn't defend as well as Ike or Biedrins, his range is about two times as far as either of them. Plus, he shoots free throws well (something we need), which Biedrins doesn't. Murphy brings value to the table. A lot of people would argue with you about him being overpaid.

And, as far as him roadblocking Diogu, Nelson's system doesn't really punish the players who don't start. A guy can easily play 35 minutes off the bench for Nelson when he's hot. If Diogu proved he deserves the starting job, Nelly will put him there. How much money a guy's making has nothing to do with Nelson's rotations. Look at whats already happened to Foyle and Dunleavy.

all reasonable, except Ike has about 19 foot range, and I am not at all thrilled with my PF hanging around the 3 point line anyway...wonder if Murphy's just written off posting up?

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:04 pm
coltraning wrote:
#32 wrote:

all reasonable, except Ike has about 19 foot range, and I am not at all thrilled with my PF hanging around the 3 point line anyway...wonder if Murphy's just written off posting up?

Hit the nail on the head!

Murphy is not useless but he gives nothing that Diogu and Biedrins don't give, just he doesn't do it as well as the other two :wink:

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:57 am
coltraning wrote:all reasonable, except Ike has about 19 foot range, and I am not at all thrilled with my PF hanging around the 3 point line anyway...wonder if Murphy's just written off posting up?

Believe me. He has become the white Terry Mills.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:38 am
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:all reasonable, except Ike has about 19 foot range, and I am not at all thrilled with my PF hanging around the 3 point line anyway...wonder if Murphy's just written off posting up?

Believe me. He has become the white Terry Mills.

ouch :wink:

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:56 pm
migya wrote:

Murphy is not useless but he gives nothing that Diogu and Biedrins don't give, just he doesn't do it as well as the other two :wink:

Diogu and Biedrins don't have the 3-point shot or the passing skills of Troy Murphy. They make up for it with their defense and post-games, but Murphy is a completely different player from them. They meet some of our needs and Murphy meets different needs. Even if you like the post game more, he's still very useful in Nelson's offense.

Anybody else catch him go 5 for 5 at one point yesterday beyond the arc?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:40 pm
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:

Diogu and Biedrins don't have the 3-point shot or the passing skills of Troy Murphy. They make up for it with their defense and post-games, but Murphy is a completely different player from them. They meet some of our needs and Murphy meets different needs. Even if you like the post game more, he's still very useful in Nelson's offense.

I don't see any great passing skills from murphy and it actaully looks like Biedrins passes much better.

As for the outside shooting - There are enough guys on the team that can do that, Murphy needs to get his arse inside and rebound like he used to!!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:50 pm
migya wrote:
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:

I don't see any great passing skills from murphy and it actaully looks like Biedrins passes much better.

As for the outside shooting - There are enough guys on the team that can do that, Murphy needs to get his arse inside and rebound like he used to!!!!

yup - more power and less flower in the 4

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:05 pm
migya wrote:I don't see any great passing skills from murphy and it actaully looks like Biedrins passes much better.

Murphy's had 4 or more assists in six different games this season (6 against Indy, 5 on Utah, and 4 against the Bucks, Hornets, Mavericks, and Lakers).

Biedrins has only done that once (in his monster game against the Spurs). I mean, come on, the kid played 35 minutes against the Bucks and left the game without ONE dime.

"Much better", you say...? :scratch:

migya wrote:As for the outside shooting - There are enough guys on the team that can do that, Murphy needs to get his arse inside and rebound like he used to!!!!

I want Murphy's rebounding numbers back, too. But I stand by my previous claim: they'll return once the phantom mask is off. Until then, its unfair to judge Murphy.
PreviousNext

Return to News Articles