Turns out Ellis was too good to pass on

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:29 pm
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:I don't see any great passing skills from murphy and it actaully looks like Biedrins passes much better.

Murphy's had 4 or more assists in six different games this season (6 against Indy, 5 on Utah, and 4 against the Bucks, Hornets, Mavericks, and Lakers).

Biedrins has only done that once (in his monster game against the Spurs). I mean, come on, the kid played 35 minutes against the Bucks and left the game without ONE dime.

"Much better", you say...? :scratch:

migya wrote:As for the outside shooting - There are enough guys on the team that can do that, Murphy needs to get his arse inside and rebound like he used to!!!!

I want Murphy's rebounding numbers back, too. But I stand by my previous claim: they'll return once the phantom mask is off. Until then, its unfair to judge Murphy.


I agree with you here; but I do like the Biedrins outlet pass.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21218
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:03 pm
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:I don't see any great passing skills from murphy and it actaully looks like Biedrins passes much better.

Murphy's had 4 or more assists in six different games this season (6 against Indy, 5 on Utah, and 4 against the Bucks, Hornets, Mavericks, and Lakers).

Biedrins has only done that once (in his monster game against the Spurs). I mean, come on, the kid played 35 minutes against the Bucks and left the game without ONE dime.

"Much better", you say...? :scratch:

migya wrote:As for the outside shooting - There are enough guys on the team that can do that, Murphy needs to get his arse inside and rebound like he used to!!!!

I want Murphy's rebounding numbers back, too. But I stand by my previous claim: they'll return once the phantom mask is off. Until then, its unfair to judge Murphy.



Murphy is getting more assists but that doesn't mean he is a good passer! In fact, the guy is quite uncoordinated with his passing. Biedrins is better at throwing the ball to a guy in the right spot. I've seen a couple of cuts to the basket by Baron and Monta where Biedrins has made a beautiful pass to them
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:35 am
migya wrote:Murphy is getting more assists but that doesn't mean he is a good passer! In fact, the guy is quite uncoordinated


That's better, miggy. :wink:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21218
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:22 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Murphy is getting more assists but that doesn't mean he is a good passer! In fact, the guy is quite uncoordinated


That's better, miggy. :wink:



Thankyou TMaC :mrgreen:
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:46 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Murphy is getting more assists but that doesn't mean he is a good passer! In fact, the guy is quite uncoordinated


That's better, miggy. :wink:



Thankyou TMaC :mrgreen:


I'm not going to ask what that new "a" means... I dread the answer. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21218
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:07 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Murphy is getting more assists but that doesn't mean he is a good passer! In fact, the guy is quite uncoordinated


That's better, miggy. :wink:



Thankyou TMaC :mrgreen:


I'm not going to ask what that new "a" means... I dread the answer. :mrgreen:



I'll have to gradually uncover the true meaning :mrgreen:
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13480
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:28 pm
migya wrote:Murphy is getting more assists but that doesn't mean he is a good passer! In fact, the guy is quite uncoordinated with his passing. Biedrins is better at throwing the ball to a guy in the right spot. I've seen a couple of cuts to the basket by Baron and Monta where Biedrins has made a beautiful pass to them

How can you claim that it, in any way, shape, or form, Murphy's a worse passer than Biedrins?

On the season, they get the same amount of touches (Murphy gets 7.6 attempts a night, Biedrins gets 7.2). However, anybody whose watched the Warriors play in the past month knows that those numbers are misleading (due to Nelly switching up the lineup since the beginning of the year). To get a clearer view, lets look at the past 7 games:

Since November 24th (at Denver), Biedrins has been averaging 10.4 shot attempts per game in 35.7 minutes a night.

Since that same time, Troy Murphy has been averaging 8.3 shots a night in 26.7 minutes a game.

In that time frame, Troy Murphy has been keeping an average of 3.2 assists per contest, while Andris Biedrins (in more minutes, with more touches) averages 2.3 assists per game.

There is nothing, stat-wise or game-wise, that could possibly prove Andris Biedrins is a superior passer to Murphy (especially this season).

You aren't gonna go John Hollinger on me and start making up weird excuses to deny the stats, are you?
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21218
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:24 am
I'm going by what I've seen in the games this season - Murphy is rather sloppy and Biedrins, while no passing king, is more direct with his passes. Murphy just happen to get the ball in his hands and chuck it to a guy that shoots and makes it (the team is #1 in FG% so that will go down). Murphy has never been much of a passer as we all have seen the last 5 years
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:28 am
The whole concept of thinking of Murphy as a good passer makes me chuckle... Not that Biedrins is much better, tho.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13480
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:20 pm
TMC wrote:The whole concept of thinking of Murphy as a good passer makes me chuckle


:dontknow: I'll take 4 or 5 assists from my power forward anyday.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21218
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:30 pm
#32 wrote:
TMC wrote:The whole concept of thinking of Murphy as a good passer makes me chuckle


:dontknow: I'll take 4 or 5 assists from my power forward anyday.




His assists average for this season so far is no indicative of the sort of passer he is! Look at his carrer assists stat! He is terrible!
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to News Articles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest