Musselman in trouble:

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:24 pm
This is simple.
Drinking (AT ALL) and driving is STUPID.
ie Musslemans arrest, and in his case embarrasing.
Just dont do it.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:56 pm
zshook wrote:This is simple.
Just dont do it.

This is easier said than done. Alcohol is totally embedded in American culture and world culture for that matter.

Every resturant, ball park, arena, grocery store, and mini marts are all focused around alcohol.

Most every magazine ad, billboard, or commerical on tv or radio push alcohol. Alcohol is a part of life.

Getting tanked and then getting behind the wheel is stupid, but having a beverage or two while amongst friends enjoying a meal, or show, or ball game and then driving home is not bad. It's what our culture / enviornment shapes us to do...
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:46 pm
Who says you have to follow suit with what is culturally accepted.
In this kind of situation you have to think smart and for yourself not, just because I made it home last time ok Ill be ok this time.
Like I said if you drink and drive you are an IDEOT.
You are putting not only your life in jeopardy but everyone on the road with you as well. I think the saying better safe than sorry best describes this scererio best. Im not saying dont drink, just have some one drive if you do that is not drinking or call a cab. A cab ride is alot cheaper than a jail sentence for vehicular manslaughter. Ok Im coming down off my soap box now.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:55 pm
Big B wrote:This isn't exactly accurate.

You can still get a DUI with <.08. If you your blood / breath is .08 or < then your driving privelage is revoked.

A DUI is a violation of section 23152 (a) - which says you are driving with even traces of alcohol in you blood / breath.

Section 23152 (b) - says you have .08 or more alcohol in your blood / breath. This is when the DMV steps in and says you can't drive anymore.

So, if your blood / breath alcohol level reads .08 or more, then you have violated 2 counts of DUI and you loose your driving privelage for at least 1 year, along with a number of fines and community service and jail time.

Well, I'm guessing Musselman wasn't exactly a beer or two deep. He was disoriented enough to get pulled over for his effected driving skills. If he was at 0.2 or 0.3, I doubt he'd be driving bad enough to warrant a police officer's time.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:32 pm
#32 wrote:
Big B wrote:This isn't exactly accurate.

You can still get a DUI with <.08. If you your blood / breath is .08 or < then your driving privelage is revoked.

A DUI is a violation of section 23152 (a) - which says you are driving with even traces of alcohol in you blood / breath.

Section 23152 (b) - says you have .08 or more alcohol in your blood / breath. This is when the DMV steps in and says you can't drive anymore.

So, if your blood / breath alcohol level reads .08 or more, then you have violated 2 counts of DUI and you loose your driving privelage for at least 1 year, along with a number of fines and community service and jail time.

Well, I'm guessing Musselman wasn't exactly a beer or two deep. He was disoriented enough to get pulled over for his effected driving skills. If he was at 0.2 or 0.3, I doubt he'd be driving bad enough to warrant a police officer's time.

I'm curious as to what his blood alcohol content was. Has this info been published?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:45 pm
I dunno. I haven't heard anything, either.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:56 pm
zshook wrote:Who says you have to follow suit with what is culturally accepted.
In this kind of situation you have to think smart and for yourself not, just because I made it home last time ok Ill be ok this time.
Like I said if you drink and drive you are an IDEOT.
You are putting not only your life in jeopardy but everyone on the road with you as well. I think the saying better safe than sorry best describes this scererio best. Im not saying dont drink, just have some one drive if you do that is not drinking or call a cab. A cab ride is alot cheaper than a jail sentence for vehicular manslaughter. Ok Im coming down off my soap box now.

I'm in no way advocating the practice of drinking and driving. I just think the laws are too stiff for the average casual drinker.

Our society is set up in a way to where alcohol is available everywhere you go, yet if you drink any, even 1 drink you run the risk of getting thrown in jail.

It's like entrapment. Thats why I believe the sterness of these laws are not set up to save people, but to generate revenue for the city, county, or state...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:09 pm
Well, thats how the modern system works.

Look at cops who hide behind blind spots and gun people down on the freeway with radar. What do you think would save more lives: a cop patroling the highway in visible sight or some schmuck waiting behind a bush to pull you over? If drivers knew a cop was around, they'd probably slow down and, thus, get into less accidents. It sounds like a better method, if safety is the issue.

But, then again, what generates more money for the system...? :banghead:
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:06 pm
#32 wrote:I dunno. I haven't heard anything, either.

From here:

http://www.ktvu.com/sports/10128421/detail.html
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:08 pm
#32 wrote:Well, thats how the modern system works.

Look at cops who hide behind blind spots and gun people down on the freeway with radar. What do you think would save more lives: a cop patroling the highway in visible sight or some schmuck waiting behind a bush to pull you over? If drivers knew a cop was around, they'd probably slow down and, thus, get into less accidents. It sounds like a better method, if safety is the issue.

But, then again, what generates more money for the system...? :banghead:

Then again. The fact that I know that there are cops hiding behind blind spots kinda make me go a little slower...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:25 pm
But does it consistently slow you down, as if a cop was riding right next to you?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:25 pm
cladden wrote:
#32 wrote:I dunno. I haven't heard anything, either.

From here:

http://www.ktvu.com/sports/10128421/detail.html

Yeah. This isn't okay, by any standards. He was drunk off his ass.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:28 pm
#32 wrote:But does it consistently slow you down, as if a cop was riding right next to you?

Nope. I speed daily :-)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:51 pm
Haha, good man. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:11 pm
Big B wrote:
zshook wrote:This is simple.
Just dont do it.

This is easier said than done. Alcohol is totally embedded in American culture and world culture for that matter.

Every resturant, ball park, arena, grocery store, and mini marts are all focused around alcohol.

Most every magazine ad, billboard, or commerical on tv or radio push alcohol. Alcohol is a part of life.

Getting tanked and then getting behind the wheel is stupid, but having a beverage or two while amongst friends enjoying a meal, or show, or ball game and then driving home is not bad. It's what our culture / enviornment shapes us to do...

Alcohol has always been a part of humanity and let's face it - It makes them easier to get in their pants :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
PreviousNext

Return to News Articles