Dalembert looking good

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21369
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:47 pm
Allen Iverson scored 28 points Wednesday to help the Philadelphia 76ers defeat CSKA Moscow 85-71 and win a four-team basketball tournament.

Samuel Dalembert added 15 points and 18 rebounds for the 76ers.


"If he plays like that, it's going to be hard for anybody to beat us," Iverson said of his teammate. "We just have to jump on his back and enjoy the ride. He was like a one-man show."

Philadelphia led by 17 at the half, but CSKA cut the lead to eight in the third quarter while Dalembert was on the bench. When he returned in the fourth quarter, the 76ers quickly went up by 24 points, their biggest lead of the game. Dalembert finished with five blocked shots.

"It was a defense game for us," Philadelphia coach Maurice Cheeks said. "Tonight was all about team defense. Dalembert was the biggest part of making the team defense even better. The ways he rebounds the ball and controls the paint is huge for us."





I admit, I'm a Dalembert fan and wouldn't mind trying to trade Murphy for him or something. Dalembert has been inconsistent and injured a fair bit but he could be a great defender and not bad scorer down low. He would definately play the defense! The 76ers would be a much better team if Dalembert played like he did in this game more often
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:39 pm
Definitely would do Murphy for Dalembert, for the love of god we need some interior defense!
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13512
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:05 pm
Yeah. Dalembert looked GREAT against the 5'10" centers of Moscow. :roll:

The guy's a shot-blocker, sure, but he's inconsistent as hell... and not the rebounder, scorer, or shooter that Murphy is. We'd be vastly overpaying.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21369
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:22 pm
We need interior defense and more rebounding! Dalembert is anathlete as well, more than Murphy. The team would win more and Diogu would be great alongside Dalembert! A much beeter blend overall
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13512
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:39 pm
Dalembert is Dunleavy. The center version of what Dunleavy is at small forward. He's a headcase, he's inconsistent, and he comes up big on a few nights.

Right now, I'd rather have Murphy (who, aside from a month during the Artest trade) is pretty much Old Faithful. Like DFish said last year, unless Murph's had a bad game, you know he's walking out with 16 points and 12 rebounds. I'll take that.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21369
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:15 pm
Murphy has not made the team win any and he never will. Dalembert gives what the team needs and that is some inside scoring (though inconsistent thus far), rebounding (I think better than Murphy's) and shotblocking, the greatest skill the team needs right now. Dalembert plays the defense and right there, the team wins more than with what Murphy gives. Someone else on the team can make the jumpshot that Murphy makes because he doesn't score much from anywhere else
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:02 am
Dalembert and Ike would be a hell of an inside game. Of course, the way he's playing, the Sixers will never trade him.

I've seen Dalembert play against Barcelona (far from midgets), and he dominated the game in both ends of the court (more on defense and rebounds, but also scored without problem... He couldn't create baskets, but he did well in the chances he had). Same with the CSKA (a team that, again, has a pretty good inside game. Some of those players could perfectly be in the NBA).

This doesn't mean anything, but he's been really impressive this preseason.





btw, Rodney Carney is starting to get it. His first game in Barcelona was a disaster, but he has improved in every game since then. He's going to be a very good player for the NBA.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21369
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:07 am
TMC wrote:Dalembert and Ike would be a hell of an inside game. Of course, the way he's playing, the Sixers will never trade him.

I've seen Dalembert play against Barcelona (far from midgets), and he dominated the game in both ends of the court (more on defense and rebounds, but also scored without problem... He couldn't create baskets, but he did well in the chances he had). Same with the CSKA (a team that, again, has a pretty good inside game. Some of those players could perfectly be in the NBA).

This doesn't mean anything, but he's been really impressive this preseason.





btw, Rodney Carney is starting to get it. His first game in Barcelona was a disaster, but he has improved in every game since then. He's going to be a very good player for the NBA.




Dalembert should only get beeter and the defense is what really makes him attractive for the team. Murphy is a good player but not as the so called best big guy on the team! I'd propose this trade to the sixers just for the hell of it.

As for Carney, he might have a real future for the sixers because Korver is a shooter and that's it. If Carney and Iggy can coexist and be good enough scorers and very good allround players, the sixers would be a much better team with those two and Dalembert doing well
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:55 am
migya wrote:As for Carney, he might have a real future for the sixers because Korver is a shooter and that's it. If Carney and Iggy can coexist and be good enough scorers and very good allround players, the sixers would be a much better team with those two and Dalembert doing well


I think they can... and they will. I only wonder if they'll be able to live up to their potential with AI and Webber on the team.

Iggy is a good defender, but Carney sucks right now, and he'd be their 5th or 6th option on offense, so I'm not sure if he's going to play much...
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21369
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:29 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:As for Carney, he might have a real future for the sixers because Korver is a shooter and that's it. If Carney and Iggy can coexist and be good enough scorers and very good allround players, the sixers would be a much better team with those two and Dalembert doing well


I think they can... and they will. I only wonder if they'll be able to live up to their potential with AI and Webber on the team.

Iggy is a good defender, but Carney sucks right now, and he'd be their 5th or 6th option on offense, so I'm not sure if he's going to play much...



I've read that Carney was a good defender. Webber's days are numbered anyway so they'll have to start looking for a PF soon
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:32 am
migya wrote:I've read that Carney was a good defender. Webber's days are numbered anyway so they'll have to start looking for a PF soon


From what I've seen, he has the tools to be a good defender, but still seems to react a bit too late. I think he will, but it may take a bit of time till he gets used to a faster game.

Or maybe is just that he's a bit slow 'cos it's only preseason...
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13512
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:40 pm
migya wrote:Murphy has not made the team win any and he never will.

I totally disagree. When Baron Davis is out, Murphy's our 2nd option (behind Richardson). He helped the Warriors win games just as much as Jamison did in Washington. Just because Murphy's not a star doesn't mean he's a scrub. Besides, he's looking DAMN impressive in practice so far.

migya wrote:Dalembert gives what the team needs and that is some inside scoring (though inconsistent thus far), rebounding (I think better than Murphy's) and shotblocking, the greatest skill the team needs right now.

Dalembert can score inside like Dunleavy can shoot from the perimeter. If Mike D can shoot, Dalembert can post.

migya wrote:Dalembert plays the defense and right there, the team wins more than with what Murphy gives. Someone else on the team can make the jumpshot that Murphy makes because he doesn't score much from anywhere else

I disagree. Murphy's outside shot gives him an edge. Dalembert is only offensively effective from ONE place on the floor; directly under the bucket. Murphy can score inside, outside, and in between. Their rebounding numbers are pretty much the same. Dalembert blocks more shots. At the moment, Murphy is steady as hell... and Dalembert is a headcase. That's what makes Murphy more valuable. Head issues aside, they're probably dead even (as far as value).
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21369
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:37 pm
Well, like I said, we have our opinions but defense is the need for the team right now and Murphy just doesn't do much of that
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13512
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:11 pm
Defense? On a Don Nelson team?!?!

Scoring is the biggest thing anyone can bring to the table, as far as Nelly's concerned... and Murphy's head and shoulders better than Sammy.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:42 am
#32 wrote:At the moment, Murphy is steady as hell... and Dalembert is a headcase. That's what makes Murphy more valuable. Head issues aside, they're probably dead even (as far as value).


That's the only thing I can't understand. Why is Dalembert a head case?. Artest is a head case. If you want, 'Sheed is a head case... but Dalembert?. What has he done to be called a head case?.

The only head cases I've seen are the Sixer's coaches for not playing Dalembert more minutes.
Next

Return to News Articles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron