Pietrus, Wagner stand out

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:22 am
#32 wrote:Yes, but if we can get a better player in return, than why not?

Don Nelson might get Pietrus to average over 15 PPG. If that happens and someone offers us... say, Shawn Marion or someone of the like, I'd go for it. Hell, I'd probably take Tayshaun Prince.

Now that's dreaming! Marion for Pietrus won't happen. As far as getting someone else that is better - It is hard to see and know what is better and what isn't! Pietrus could learn some fundamentals over the next year and then he would be a much better player! You could risk trading him for someone that just doesn't fit and then it would be yet another wrong trade for the Warriors franchise!

If he fita, can score, play very good defense and get better, at least a bit, in everything this season, he should be a keeper for a reasonable price.
ie. If Pietrus averages over 15pts and does decently, he is worth 7-8 million a season but if he averages between 10 and 14pts, he is worth 5-6 million

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:28 am
migya wrote:ie. If Pietrus averages over 15pts and does decently, he is worth 7-8 million a season but if he averages between 10 and 14pts, he is worth 5-6 million

Let's be careful here. One point is not worth a difference of $10 million in his contract ('cos that what it would mean in a 5 years contract if he averages 14 or 15 points respectively).

It's more about how he looks and how he fits the team. He's going to have high averages, as will the whole team, just due to the kind of bball Nellie will make them play. So we gotta be careful trusting stats to award contracts.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:26 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:ie. If Pietrus averages over 15pts and does decently, he is worth 7-8 million a season but if he averages between 10 and 14pts, he is worth 5-6 million

Let's be careful here. One point is not worth a difference of $10 million in his contract ('cos that what it would mean in a 5 years contract if he averages 14 or 15 points respectively).

It's more about how he looks and how he fits the team. He's going to have high averages, as will the whole team, just due to the kind of bball Nellie will make them play. So we gotta be careful trusting stats to award contracts.

It is all about how he fits in the team but I was responding to #32's use of stats and was just trying to give an approximation.

I'm not so sure the team wil score that much more! They will run more and that will make it harder on the opposition but I'm not so sure they will score a whole lot more. Not every player will have that much of an increase in scoring average either! If every player had an increase of an average of 1.5 even, that would mean the team would score 18 points a game more

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:44 am
migya wrote:I'm not so sure the team wil score that much more! They will run more and that will make it harder on the opposition but I'm not so sure they will score a whole lot more. Not every player will have that much of an increase in scoring average either! If every player had an increase of an average of 1.5 even, that would mean the team would score 18 points a game more

Sure, but Pietrus is one of the players that looks like is going to have better stats, just because he's going to be more important for the team... more minutes, more shots and a style that fits him more ===> Better stats.

That doesn't mean he'll develop. We'll have to look how he plays, not his stats.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:28 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I'm not so sure the team wil score that much more! They will run more and that will make it harder on the opposition but I'm not so sure they will score a whole lot more. Not every player will have that much of an increase in scoring average either! If every player had an increase of an average of 1.5 even, that would mean the team would score 18 points a game more

Sure, but Pietrus is one of the players that looks like is going to have better stats, just because he's going to be more important for the team... more minutes, more shots and a style that fits him more ===> Better stats.

That doesn't mean he'll develop. We'll have to look how he plays, not his stats.

Can't lose - If Pietrus is better this season than he ever has been, better for the team. Also, he is worth more to other teams because he has played better than before.

Can't lose

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:28 pm
If Mickael Pietrus has a good season, he should give Don Nelson his sister for an hour. Nelly will be giving him an opportunity to shine, spoon-feeding him a specific role, and probably ensuring him a contract.

Without Nelly, Pietrus is nothing.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:57 pm
#32 wrote:If Mickael Pietrus has a good season, he should give Don Nelson his sister for an hour. Nelly will be giving him an opportunity to shine, spoon-feeding him a specific role, and probably ensuring him a contract.

Without Nelly, Pietrus is nothing.

Don't know whether his sister would want to risk getting flattened :mrgreen:

I'd have to say that it is dun that needs to thank Nelson for everything so far because it is he that has gone out of the way to support dun, even naming him captain

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:09 am
migya wrote:Don't know whether his sister would want to risk getting flattened :mrgreen:

::lol:

migya wrote:I'd have to say that it is dun that needs to thank Nelson for everything so far because it is he that has gone out of the way to support dun, even naming him captain

If everything goes well, Mike will say that this is his real self, that the previous coaches didn't let him play. On the other side, if things don't pan out, he'll blame Nellie for not playing him the right way... that's what he's done all his career.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:33 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Don't know whether his sister would want to risk getting flattened :mrgreen:

::lol:

migya wrote:I'd have to say that it is dun that needs to thank Nelson for everything so far because it is he that has gone out of the way to support dun, even naming him captain

If everything goes well, Mike will say that this is his real self, that the previous coaches didn't let him play.
Would he be wrong or right after all :?: Also Dunleavy has said he's been disappointed in himself and his play, But people ignore this for some reason :dontknow:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:50 am
O.G. broe wrote:Also Dunleavy has said he's been disappointed in himself and his play, But people ignore this for some reason :dontknow:

People ignore that 'cos right after saying so he blamed to coaches for not playing him the right way...

And he shouldn't say anything about anybody. No member of the team should. They should talk about it between themselves, not to the media.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:09 am
TMC wrote:
O.G. broe wrote:Also Dunleavy has said he's been disappointed in himself and his play, But people ignore this for some reason :dontknow:

People ignore that 'cos right after saying so he blamed to coaches for not playing him the right way...

And he shouldn't say anything about anybody. No member of the team should. They should talk about it between themselves, not to the media.

He should just keep his mouth shut and focus on performing because he has been a disgrace and must show something good this time or everyone will definately turn on him, including Mullin

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:22 am
I've never heard Dunleavy complain about the coaching (save for Monty, who EVERYONE complained about)...

... proof?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to News Articles