Pietrus, Wagner stand out

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:38 pm
#32 wrote:I agree. I just think it's odd that Nelly (a coach who traditionally lets players do their own thing) felt Pietrus was so helpless without a specific role, he carved him out one. I bet you Baron, JRich, Dunleavy, Murph, and Wagner have way more freedome than Pietrus does.

But Nelson was bound to see the potential that Pietrus has and must be itching to tap that potential! He must have seen Pietrus the last three years and thought that he needs to be pointed in the right direction now to start to bear fruits in a year or so. Nelson might turn out to be the reason why Pietrus becomes a star, if he ever does

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:44 pm
Pietrus will have his best years under Nelson, there's no doubt. Don Nelson is going to make Mickael Pietrus look way better than he ever could have been on his own.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:50 am
#32 wrote:Pietrus will have his best years under Nelson, there's no doubt. Don Nelson is going to make Mickael Pietrus look way better than he ever could have been on his own.

Yeah, I also think so... and that's when we'll have to face the problem of what to do with MP...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:52 am
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:Pietrus will have his best years under Nelson, there's no doubt. Don Nelson is going to make Mickael Pietrus look way better than he ever could have been on his own.

Yeah, I also think so... and that's when we'll have to face the problem of what to do with MP...

You're here early TMC! It must be 9am there

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:16 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

10 am... but I gotta leave now. Will be back in a moment.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:23 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

So you're 6 hours behind me then. You must live on the East side of Spain?

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:48 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

Top north of the country (Oviedo, if you want to look where it is)... but we have the same time zone in the whole country (except the Canary islands). Which is funny, 'cos the location is the same as Portugal and we have one hour of difference. :dontknow:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:53 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

Top north of the country (Oviedo, if you want to look where it is)... but we have the same time zone in the whole country (except the Canary islands). Which is funny, 'cos the location is the same as Portugal and we have one hour of difference. :dontknow:

But Portugal is 8 hours behind me here in Perth. It is 7 hours behind in their summer time

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:40 am
migya wrote:But Portugal is 8 hours behind me here in Perth. It is 7 hours behind in their summer time

Yeah, I know, we just have a different time set for energy saving or something like that. It's one our less in Portugal than here. But will change again in a month or so, and that would make up for the hour of difference.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:34 pm
TMC wrote:

Trade him to the Eastern Conference when his value is at it's peak.

There's no reason to hang onto Pietrus too tightly. Out of a Nelly/D'Antoni system, he's helpless. I say, let Nelly make him look real good... than dump his ass for a better SF.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:40 pm
#32 wrote:
TMC wrote:

Trade him to the Eastern Conference when his value is at it's peak.

There's no reason to hang onto Pietrus too tightly. Out of a Nelly/D'Antoni system, he's helpless. I say, let Nelly make him look real good... than dump his ass for a better SF.

If Pietrus does well with Nelson, there is no reason to trade him! You go with what works and so if he does well, the team will do better

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:12 pm
Yes, but if we can get a better player in return, than why not?

Don Nelson might get Pietrus to average over 15 PPG. If that happens and someone offers us... say, Shawn Marion or someone of the like, I'd go for it. Hell, I'd probably take Tayshaun Prince.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:43 am
#32 wrote:Yes, but if we can get a better player in return, than why not?

Don Nelson might get Pietrus to average over 15 PPG. If that happens and someone offers us... say, Shawn Marion or someone of the like, I'd go for it. Hell, I'd probably take Tayshaun Prince.

And you think someone would be so crazy as to offer a Shawn Marion caliber player for Pietrus?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:13 am
Nope. But I'd pull the trigger if I ever saw it. :wink:

If Nelly makes Pietrus look as good as he made Josh Howard look (Josh Howard is Dallas' more talented version of Mickael Pietrus), than I think we should trade him.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:12 am
#32 wrote:Nope. But I'd pull the trigger if I ever saw it. :wink:

If Nelly makes Pietrus look as good as he made Josh Howard look (Josh Howard is Dallas' more talented version of Mickael Pietrus), than I think we should trade him.

Sure, it's a nice dream... but dreams rarely become reality. But if we get an offer of Shawn Marion, Rashard Lewis or someone like those, MP is as good as gone...
PreviousNext

Return to News Articles