i thought that this was a good article worth reading...

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:50 pm
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-R30l5qA1a6dC4GcoHbJF

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:21 am
Thanx What? and Props to the Great reporting/Infiltrating Dave P :D Good news in the random nuggets about Chris Taft :D Inside scoop also confirms a lot of what is speculated on :!:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:45 am
Yeah, good article. Just a few notes:

One thing that baffles me, why does the front office believe that we had to re-sign Foyle no matter the cost?. They all admit he's overpaid, but insist that we had to offer him that much or he would have left to Orlando.

And I wonder... so what?. Has he helped improve our record?. Would we be so much worse without him?. What's the reasoning behind that "we did what we had to do"?

About Murphy. Underpaid?, for just a fantasy player?. Because that's all he is. A fantasy player that puts up good numbers but has no effect on the outcome of games. FREE DIOGU!!!!!

I agree about the other contracts. Dun-Dun is obviously overpaid, but he's tradable. Fish is paid what he deserves right now, but his contract is a bit long. J-Rich is a bargain and Baron is like Jekyll and Hyde.

About the draft:

He realistically said don't expect us to get anyone at 9 who will come in and fix everything.

This quote leads me to believe they will draft a project, maybe O'Bryant, for a position of need.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:48 am
Or A Trade is Brewing :dontknow:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:59 am
Or A Trade is Brewing :dontknow:

Could be. Philly and Phoenix are two teams trying to trade up. We'll see.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:37 am
TMC wrote:And I wonder... so what?. Has he helped improve our record?. Would we be so much worse without him?. What's the reasoning behind that "we did what we had to do"?

EXACTLY!!!!!

The 9th pick might also just be traded

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:29 am
we shall see - Mullin has until Wednesday to do something. I would like to see him trade murphy and the pick for immediate help at SF, either by moving up in the draft or trading - they are welcome to throw in Dunleavy, but that might be losing too many "fan favorites" for the Danville crowd to handle unless we got back an Adam Morrison...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:50 pm
Danville crowd? Funny...---***030***---
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:57 pm
Good article...

Love hearing that Golden State isn't 100% behind Montgomery, like the media's implying. Also like that Baron Davis is on a diet/work-out plan. This season (along with 2007-'08) is one of the make or break seasons for the Chris Mullin project. Judging by all the talent he's brought to Golden State's roster in his time being here, I hope it all works out for the best. Playoffs by 2008.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:33 pm
That seems very logical, PO's by 08---***030***---
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:39 am
we shall see, maybe even this year. I maintain, broken record-like, that the Ws are one piece away from the playoffs right now, a lethal SF...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:30 pm
Well, I personally believe the Warriors had good enough pieces last year to make it... but the guy running the team (Montgomery) was too stupid to do anything with them.

A great SF would bypass Monty's hindering of Golden State and propell us into the playoffs... but we could also go the other direction and just fire the bastard.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:59 am
Well, I personally believe the Warriors had good enough pieces last year to make it... but the guy running the team (Montgomery) was too stupid to do anything with them.

A great SF would bypass Monty's hindering of Golden State and propell us into the playoffs... but we could also go the other direction and just fire the bastard.

I don't know about that. A good coach would help us a lot, but I'd still be worried about our starting five. It would be difficult to overcome two bad players in it (3, because Ike ain't playing as long as Murph stays there).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:58 am
I reckon the team is more than good enough to make the playoffs and that the coach is VERY responsible for the team's bad performance

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:53 am
Murphy isn't the inside force that Ike is, I agree... but I'd hardly say he's a bad PF. In fact, like the article says, a ton of teams think that he's a helluva bargain for his contract. A 15 and 10 machine isn't bad.
Next

Return to News Articles