Breaking down the W's

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:42 am
To follow is a Q/A from Charley Rosen on Fox Sports.

I find his comments usualy negetive by nature, but they do seem to co-incide with alot of warriors on the message board.

I really enjoy your probing articles on all of the teams. Could you write another analysis of the Warriors? Now that they have now imploded for the year, I wonder what you currently make of them and their future. — Jim

As predicted, Baron Davis is the main culprit behind the team's collapse. How many times has he publicly savaged Mike Montgomery's ineptness? And Mike Dunleavy's softness? Even though Davis's criticisms are right on, there's no reason to make them in a public forum — except, of course, to take the heat off himself.

Throughout his career, Davis has been a me-first player who refuses to be restrained by such trivialities as set plays and strategic game plans evolved by his coaches. Are there any other suckers out there who will make a deal for Davis?

That said, what else do the Warriors need to become respectable? They must get rid of Dunleavy — his father seems to be the only coach who really wants him; so Junior should be traded downs
tate for whatever the market will bear. Chris Mullin deserves blame for locking the less-than-mediocre Adonal Foyle into such an expensive long-term contract. Is he also dealable?

Jason Richardson is a keeper, as is the slow but dependable Derek Fisher. Troy Murphy needs a powerhouse, shot-blocking center to overshadow his own defensive liabilities. Andris Biedrins, Ike Diogu, Monta Ellis and Mickael Pietrus should play maximum minutes for the duration of the season before definitive judgments are formed.

As was also predicted, Montgomery never should have left Stanford. It's past time for the Warriors to ditch Montgomery and bring in an experienced head coach. But, most significantly, the Warriors will be stuck on the treadmill to oblivion as long as Davis is around.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:47 pm
as predicted charley has a stick up his ass. if you're a grown - correction, old man, change your name to charles or something. his hate for baron is laughable. i still say baron slept with his daugher(s). but hes right about mullin + monty. show them blame and the door respectively.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:53 am
I have no idea what Rosen did to get his gig. (assume he was a college coach).

But from his opinions there is two or three players in the NBA capable of wipping there arses.

I'll give him a miss in the future.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:26 am
I think Charley's overall assessment of the team is pretty accurate, though I would disagree with placing blame on Baron for the collapse of the team.
Baron didn't cause the collapse, he simply pointed out a few of the flaws with the organization.
He is pretty much right on with everything else...

Return to News Articles