Game Thread: Los Angeles Clippers @ Warriors 2012-02-20

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


All Star
Posts: 1103
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:45 am
Location: Union City, CA
Poster Credit: 30
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:41 pm
Los Angeles Clippers (19 - 10) @ Golden State Warriors (11 - 17)

Start time: 7:30 PM PST @ The Oracle Arena
Local TV: CSN Bay Area
Nat TV: None

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andris Biedrins
PF - David Lee
SF - Dorell Wright
SG - Monta Ellis
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Los Angeles Clippers:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - DeAndre Jordan
PF - Blake Griffin
SF - Caron Butler
SG - Randy Foye
PG - Chris Paul

Team leaders:
PPG - M. Ellis (21.5) | B. Griffin (21.1)
RPG - D. Lee (10.0) | B. Griffin (11.1)
APG - S. Curry (6.5) | C. Paul (8.8)
SPG - S. Curry (1.8) | C. Paul (2.3)
BPG - E. Udoh (1.7) | D. Jordan (2.7)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1129
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:47 am
Riley said the next week, starting with Monday's home game against the Los Angeles Clippers, is crucial. Golden State, which has lost three straight, needs to start showing some results.

The fact that the Warriors have been knocking at the door in several of these games warrants some leeway. Golden State is six games under .500 and ranks 12th in the Western Conference. But in nine of the Warriors' 17 losses, they were tied, led by a point or trailed by a point with 90 seconds left.

That seems a pretty thin line between rebuilding and contending. But even though the Warriors have been "right there," and are still just 41/2 games behind the eighth and final seed in the Western Conference, Riley said wins need to come now. The pressure is on.



Sounds like he has been listening. The thing is, I bet nothing is going to happen before All Star break because of Orlando and Howard. Every team is waiting to see what happens there. After that the ball will be moving quickly. If we are way out of the race by then it will be interesting to see what we do. And if we go on a winning streak between now and then, I doubt we do anything. But that last line about 9 of 17 of the loses we were within 1 point with 90 secs to go is amazing. The fact that we haven't been able to close out games has been our Achiles heel.... oh, and the fact we need a real center.

I really don't want to see the team "blown up", because we have a lot of great pieces, but getting a Starting Center has to be first and foremost. It doesn't have to be an all star center, but someone who can hold their own and play 25+minutes.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"
Image

Image : 2010 - 2011
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1129
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:51 am
Forgot to give the link:

http://www.insidebayarea.com/warriors/ci_20002257?source=rss

Another interesting qoute:

If the Warriors don't turn things around quickly, Golden State will be forced to turn its attention away from the playoffs and to developing the young talent. That probably means more time for rookie swingman Klay Thompson and even more minutes for second-year big man Ekpe Udoh. Maybe even rookie big man Jeremy Tyler gets into the rotation.

It could also mean Riley will turn his attention to the trade deadline and potentially revamping the roster. Riley said he's not quite ready to start looking toward the future.

"But the clock is ticking," Riley said. "No question."

"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"
Image

Image : 2010 - 2011
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21446
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:25 am
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
Riley said the next week, starting with Monday's home game against the Los Angeles Clippers, is crucial. Golden State, which has lost three straight, needs to start showing some results.

The fact that the Warriors have been knocking at the door in several of these games warrants some leeway. Golden State is six games under .500 and ranks 12th in the Western Conference. But in nine of the Warriors' 17 losses, they were tied, led by a point or trailed by a point with 90 seconds left.

That seems a pretty thin line between rebuilding and contending. But even though the Warriors have been "right there," and are still just 41/2 games behind the eighth and final seed in the Western Conference, Riley said wins need to come now. The pressure is on.



Sounds like he has been listening. The thing is, I bet nothing is going to happen before All Star break because of Orlando and Howard. Every team is waiting to see what happens there. After that the ball will be moving quickly. If we are way out of the race by then it will be interesting to see what we do. And if we go on a winning streak between now and then, I doubt we do anything. But that last line about 9 of 17 of the loses we were within 1 point with 90 secs to go is amazing. The fact that we haven't been able to close out games has been our Achiles heel.... oh, and the fact we need a real center.

I really don't want to see the team "blown up", because we have a lot of great pieces, but getting a Starting Center has to be first and foremost. It doesn't have to be an all star center, but someone who can hold their own and play 25+minutes.




The teams that improve the most are the ones that give less and gain more. In other words, get the type of steal of a trade and that's what the team has to look and hope for. Free Agency looks like the best bet this upcoming offseason and I hope the team gets a player that can help, especially a Center. Maybe Kaman could be that player
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:58 am
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:55 pm
I wonder if VDN will sit Chris Paul for most of the game so he could heal properly. Bledsoe can be a good replacement in this one.

Pivotal game for the Dubs:

Many Warriors fans already have given up on this season and started looking toward building for the future. Warriors general manager Larry Riley has not reached that stage. But he's getting closer. "That'll be a decision we will make pretty soon here, probably in the next week or so," Riley said in a phone interview Sunday. "But we have a little more time to look at things." Riley said the next week, starting with Monday's home game against the Los Angeles Clippers, is crucial. Golden State, which has lost three straight, needs to start showing some results.
San Jose Mercury News

Edit -- Warriors' Biedrins out, Udoh in vs. Clippers:

Second-year Warriors big man Ekpe Udoh will make his first start of the year, plugging in at center in place of Andris Biedrins, who has come down with flu-like symptoms.

TBT
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:58 am
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:00 pm
EKPE UDOH IS BEING HUGE SO FAR: 8 PTS ON 4-4!!!
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2425
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:23 pm
Ekpe on a way to a career game so far.
Image
Image
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2425
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:45 pm
WTF was Paul trying to do by shooting that 3 point from almost half court with about 20 secs left for their offense? I understand that they wanted some foul on DeAndre, but I didn't see it. Have you guys seen something else?
Image
Image
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:58 am
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:14 pm
shalik wrote:EKPE UDOH IS BEING HUGE SO FAR: 8 PTS ON 4-4!!!

New career-high for him tonight!!

Rookie
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:07 pm
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:21 pm
Wow, Udoh is playing great. This is what we need outside of our big three.

Also, can we please get rid of Wright already? We should have traded him after last year when his value was as high as it could be.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2425
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:45 pm
Why isn't Steph in the game? :S

EDIT: I guess Jackson heard me...
Image
Image
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2425
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:08 pm
Heh, we won a close one...who would have thought? :)

It's not this win that makes me happy as much as the fact that Udoh looked like a true post player. He played defense, grabbed rebounds, blocked...and SCORED! If he can play like this, we might be good as it is. I would just like to see Tyler in, instead of watching Lee play center. Nothing good ever came out of it when Lee played center.
Image
Image
User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 2240
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:43 pm
Location: Foster City, CA
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:33 pm
I think this is the last we see of Biedrins as the starting center. We should have used the amnesty on him. He's stealing money either way.

All Star
Posts: 2320
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:40 pm
Location: lithuania, gargzdai
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:19 am
5 on 5 basketball at last.
oh, and udoh should have had two more blocks on blake griffin, anyway was an amazing performance from him, totally melted griffin down, as lee did with deandre jordan, that was a nice cross-switch tactics on C/PF.
game was won by our frontcourt, would you believe that?!
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:34 am
hobbes wrote:I think this is the last we see of Biedrins as the starting center. We should have used the amnesty on him. He's stealing money either way.


yeah, I agree. I was hoping last year was a fluke. But he just hasn't been playing well, and especially not worth 9-10 mill a year.

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron